The posititivity of posting your thoughts....

I would just like to write a short note to thank this community for being such a positive board. I admit, I do love a good debate when things heat up and have found the majority of members here to be right along the same path. I have learned so much since I have joined this community and it has enhanced my communication skills as a bonus. I'm a thinker, have always enjoyed learning from others and love a good match from time to time to gracefully agree to disagree.

This positive influence here I find, draws this community together as we work together to find that fine balance in a forum where tone can be lost by written communication. Hence, I have acknowledged the overall influence here contains a good mix of members whom hold excellent people skills, communication techniques and with an awesome splash of assertiveness that does not get lost. Good people skills make us all feel much more comfortable working together to make Cerb a great place. We do not feel pressured when we work together and I'm happy that that we can all contribute ideas and express our thoughts in an overall positive environment.

We all know one way of getting people to be comfortable is not to be too opinionated. Instead, we encourage members to voice their opinions and ideas. We show them respect by acknowledging these skills.Overall, whatever we do, we try to find a common ground where everyone can agree, most times.

Anyway in conclusion to my long winded appreciation ramblings....

Thanks everyone and I do have marshmallows if you can get through to my last sentence. ; )

xo

• Like 7

Yours I shall reply to. So Erin I think I am like you and love a good intellectual debate. I also highly value people who see things different than I and truly believe we are richer when exposed and open to other points of view. I've also learned with 'age' to be more reflective and calm than I might have been a few years back. Thus many of the recent discussions I have not partaken in. Not because I don't care or have an opinion - I have just learned how to be patient and let things unfold.

On a slightly different note I want you to know how attractive a smart and informed woman is. Every time I read one of your posts, whether I agree or not, I am left with this desire to want to know you more. Smart is Sexy.

I would suggest we turn those marshmallows into smores but that would get messy. Might need a shower nearby. Thanks for the insight and teaching.

XO Cub

Posted via Mobile Device

Marshmallows??? MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm.

It's never easy with a community this large and frankly this vocal to get 100% concurrence on any issue... but that's okay. Sometimes we fail to see the shortcomings in our own arguments until we are confronted by those who are diametrically opposed.

The absolute beauty of CERB is that we do have a venue to speak to those differences. We can do it with all the vigour of a storm-trooper or with the whimsy of a velvet rope.... we can tickle it with a feather or throw a pie in its face. Whatever the approach, the community is fearless in discussing matters that evoke emotion.

Now, about those marshmallows....

Darn explorer and have to type ten characters to delete!! I have a contribution to make here but computer glitched!

Additional Comments:

Ok, here we go,,,,: ).

Thanks everyone that has contributed to this thread. As Erin, there is always going to be an ego, this is going deep so do have rice krispie squares and bbq marshmallows to hand out. My persona as Erin is my ego. My alter ego has been in the works for over two years and I'm still getting familiar with "Erin" as I step through my journey here on Cerb. First, Erin needs to recognize how others think. Erin can be egocentric and always believes she is fine and has no problem. I am now being honest with what I express and comfortable in my contributions here. It's been so rewarding. I'm realizing it's "me" not my persona or alter ego when I agree to disagree.

Cheers and thanks to everyone that leaves their ego at the door....

I like "Erin" lol. she is funny, and easy to get along with ;)!

And yes, as the journey goes, humans will argue, debate and agree to disagree.. I do believe that what makes life is great Diversity. The learning process and experiencing other things. Even the bad experience can be useful to build on something better in the future.