reputation points

how do you get them ,and why do people take them away?

It seems like you can take forever to gain them,but only one moment to lose them all.

I now walk on egg shells here when I post anything, any suggestions on how i can get points and keep them.

Just want to be a more productive member on here and enjoy the wealth of beautiful woman we all share and get to know.

• Like 4

Be respectful, try to give good advice or say funny stuff:P

Also it depend who give you rep points. if someone have more rep point (wrinkleintime is the one that have the most) will give you more point that someone that have no post)

• Like 1

What Malika said is pretty bang on

You get rep points when you post something that is positive, shows respect for other CERB members, makes a good point that hasn't been made etc etc etc

But rep points are given out by other cerb members, if he/she thinks its rep worthy LOL. And there is no hard and fast rule on what you will post that will give you rep points. Except if you post something negative, a bashing, are ignorant to other CERB members, that'll take away points fast

As for being afraid to post, if you want to post something, and your not sure,

ask yourself does it keep in CERB policy, "if you do not have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all", and "no negative comments, reviews or fighting please"

BTW, differences of opinion allowed, but bashing someone else for their opinion not allowed

Does that help

RG

• Like 2

Now it's my turn... I want to nominate your post RG but I still can't! :icon_confused:

Gabriella

Your words are nomination enough.

Thank you

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy
  • Like 1

..... CERB policy, "if you do not have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all",.... RG

this is a sensible approach in almost all situations.

J

• Like 1

Now it's my turn... I want to nominate your post RG but I still can't! :icon_confused:

Gabriella, I think you should be able to nominate the post at anytime, but you might not be able to comment through the " reputation for this post " button if you gave rep to RG lately.

Which sucks because I like to comment.

Hey Roaming Guy thank you for your honest and to the point answer to my question. I will respect the members here and I will try to share more of my positive experiences in this city either with an MP or SP. and even those funny or embarrassing times we all seem to fall into while doing this great hobby.

Gabriella, I think you should be able to nominate the post at anytime, but you might not be able to comment through the " reputation for this post " button if you gave rep to RG lately.

Which sucks because I like to comment.

Thanks Whatsup!

Some of the members, including RG and myself had lost the nomination option...

The icon had totally disappeared from the bottom of each post:

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63331

• Like 1

how do you get them ,and why do people take them away?

It seems like you can take forever to gain them,but only one moment to lose them all.

First up - see this thread for a good explanation on the mechanics.

Secondly, i don't think there's much rhyme or reason to how or when people give out rep points. It's all a bit random. But if what you have to say is interesting, or witty, or amusing, or contributes positively to the conversation... you still may not get any - but keep at it and you'll strike gold (or have it showered upon you) eventually.

But you're dead right that one post can do a lot of damage. All I can say is... play nice. And if you must say something controversial, at least try to say something like "I know this may be controversial, and I'm not trying to be an asshole, but...". It may help. Not guaranteed, but it may.

I now walk on egg shells here when I post anything, any suggestions on how i can get points and keep them.

I tried walking on eggshells, but I didn't like it. They hurt my feet.

Just want to be a more productive member on here and enjoy the wealth of beautiful woman we all share and get to know.

Oh, look! You got some!

Seriously: just do exactly that, stop worrying, and the rep points will look after themselves.

• Like 2