highlights of the day

Guest st*****ens**ors

The half-crazed exuberance of my dog trying to show how happy he is that I'm home after a business trip. His technique is part slobbery kisses, part cirque du soleil acrobatics, part assault with intent to cause bodily harm. :)

I GOT COOKIES FOR BREAKFAST!! literally... just now! a whole box of homemade cookies post delivered right to my door ;)

....and me still with coffee hehe how entirely lovely

<hugs> made my day and it isn't even 10am yet :)

• Like 1

Guest Prufrock Cummings

The rain! Finally some rain for the trees, lawns, flowers, and crops!

at an event last night, ran onto a woman I had helped in my professional capacity.. received the most amazing hug.. tears, compliments from her.. I not only got 'through' to her, but made a change in/for her that she took and ran with and is doing phenomenally well now :) sooooo entirely makes my day when that happens, and I am fortunate enough to have it happen fairly often, but this was something pretty special.... (she is now proudly 72 days clean.. 'situated' and feeling/appearing more like a 'person'... f*cking lovely to have been a part of that!)

• Like 3

Been able to wake up early the last couple of days and enjoy my morning coffee in the tranquility of the early morning in my secluded backyard with the bubbling rock as the background sound.

A friend who was injured last week in an accident told me today that she is already walking (big relief).

A wonderful lunch with my amazing son.. and home just as the rain started coming down...now sitting 'cougar-clad'.. with the 'cougar-wannabe' (kitten) and watching the storm.. lovely way to spend some quiet afternoon time

• Like 1

Its more like a continuing highlight, two years today I got to meet the

Beautiful Miss Carley Chase, its being a lovely adventure for sure:)

• Like 1

Yesterday I took a ME day. Started the morning with a drive to Ottawa in my 1963 hot rod pickup. Then had some fun with a lovely lady. Then chicken wings and beer for lunch and a lot more just driving around. :) then home to have a nap lol

• Like 2

So early.in the day and yet wonderfully excited at having my BC friend and his cameras coming for a day of shooting/filming! The thought of 'me' being in yet another published book has *got* to be a definite highlight for my day hehe

• Like 1

My much-anticipated photo shoot was arbitrarily cancelled...but allowed.me.to spend the day enjoying the rather exquisite company of a wonderful friend. We not only lounged.for hours 'cougar-clad'...but enjoyed the cheeses, croissants, Hungarian salami....fruits and wine I had purrrrchased for the shoot ;)

All in all.....a grrrreat day ;)

Guest n*gu**6

Managing to find a little optimism today. Been a really rough few days and I miss my positive self. I'm still worried, confused and generally dumbfounded, but at least a cracked a smile today without realizing it

Home. Sore. More scars for the collection. Reasonably mobile for the moment. Time will tell. I am glad to be home. :)

• Like 2

Saw a lady earlier this week who I've seen many times. She is eastern European, but hasn't been back home for years. I put on some Music... an opera...and enjoyed watching her face light up when she realized it was in Russian (Boris Godunov by Mussorgsky)... couldn't really follow the story, lol... because of the way its sung... but she said it was beautiful.

• Like 1

Guest n*gu**6

I hate to say it, but today's highlight came at the expense of someone else's low... An unfortunate incident occurred that upset someone close to me and their first instinct was to call me because they new I'd be there. Knowing I was there in their time of need was hugely rewarding. I will never be sorry to be a candle to someone when the darkness comes

Two highlights... I'm now an elite member having make 500 posts... woooweee

and I arranged my next date with a very lovely young lady...