highlights of the day

Guest n*gu**6

After 5mnths ofsearching I finally found a supplier of a special something I wanted to give a dear friend. I believe it will hold special meaning. Finally ordered today!!!! I hope she likes it. :)

- received gratitude and compliments from a new client at work today

- made a new 'furry-faced friend' - also at work

- enjoyed a wonderful solitary dinner at favorite sushi place (spoiled by chef there hehe- always makes my day!)

- surprise, and lovely invitation to my absolute favorite restaurant for dinner tomorrow with a new friend ;) sooo looking forward to it! and most certainly the highlight of my all around wonderful day!

......life..... is purrrrrfect :)

Guest n*gu**6

It was Friday....need i say more...the highlight was locking my office door for two days...haha

Guest Prufrock Cummings

Completing my workout today all before noon! The weekend is now mine to play!

THIS is my 1000th post :)

...and only a small 'highlight' so far... soon to be heading out for a wonderful dinner with a new friend which I can safely assume.. will be a much bigger highlight ;)

• Like 1

Guest n*gu**6

Getting my ornamental pond rebuilt. Brand new EPDM liner ....was no small job to do it. But looks great..

Annnnd.....someone called by their 'knight in shining armour' today. I cannot help but smile at that

Friday night highlight was seeing Lynyrd Skynyrd / Peter Frampton @ Albany Times Union Center. Rocked some awesome nostalgia.:)

• Like 1

Highlights from yesterday;

- DEFINITELY the dinner and aftermath ;)

- friends held an Irish Wake for one of our own getting married - was awesome!

- met new friends there, also awesome

- looking forward to what highlights today will bring for sure. (going to the Forks, so there will be highlights :)

YESTERDAY:

-an amazing afternoon at the forks

- grrrreat 'after party' for Pride

- met (and unashamedly ...verrry happily kidnapped) a purrfectly lovely new friend for a few wonderful hours <grin>

today is not even half over, and am so far enjoying satisfaction of redoing my deck, plants, cleaning the den.. readying for the rest of my day ;)

Guest n*gu**6

Had an amazing day over all. Lovely lunch with a friend. Then an afternoon doing some odd jobs around the house. Nice to get a couple things done and checked off the list.

Guest st*****ens**ors

Flying between layers of cloud on a Dash 8, seeing this unreal landscape of blue and gold and white and shifting shadows, that up until a century ago humans only ever saw from below, but which we take for granted now in commuter flights. I'm still enough of a big kid to think of flights as something like magic.

And accompanied on that flight by the thought of a rare and lovely woman with whom I had the privilege of spending time.

This was pretty well the perfect weather day for me here on PEI. Sun, warm and I was outside from 8:30 until just now, late in the afternoon. I really really wish we could have more than one nice day in a row.

• Like 3

Guest st*****ens**ors

Little #2 found a baby mouse stunned and blinking in the driveway, with no evident injury. It was no larger than a teaspoonfull of wee grey beastie. We moved it to a broad leaf bed in quiet corner of the yard, with a bottle cap of milk and a dab of peanut butter for company (which, much to the little's delight it ate and drank). It was named, had a story read to it, and listened attentively to a few songs before recovering enough to scurry away into the long grass.

I tucked in a blissfully happy little tonight. I may be raising a veterinarian :)

Guest n*gu**6

Coming home and my son leaping about 5ft into my arms almost knocking me over. Lol

I watched "Meet The Patels" on Netflix. This is not a Bollywood movie at all (not my cup of tea) but an intelligent and funny documentary about the filmmaker whose parents want to match him with a girl in India because they are eager to marry him. It is really funny and full with emotions too, and very informative. One of the things that we understand is that, after all, her parents matchmaking system is not that different from the current dating websites system. Really, watch this movie. Funny, intelligent, educative, and a search for love... found!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2378401/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Little #2 found a baby mouse stunned and blinking in the driveway, with no evident injury. It was no larger than a teaspoonfull of wee grey beastie. We moved it to a broad leaf bed in quiet corner of the yard, with a bottle cap of milk and a dab of peanut butter for company (which, much to the little's delight it ate and drank). It was named, had a story read to it, and listened attentively to a few songs before recovering enough to scurry away into the long grass.

I tucked in a blissfully happy little tonight. I may be raising a veterinarian :)

....that has to be one of the single cutest things I have read in a long while hehe - kisses to the little for being adorable :)

My hilite is remembering how several years ago, I stood in line at at the mall in Massena for almost 3 hours to get Gordie Howe's autograph. Had to buy his crappy book to get handshake and signature! It was worth it though, to meet a childhood hero. RIP Gord :(

• Like 1

A wonderfully (albeit painful tomorrow hehe) night of belly dancing with friends.. garnering support for my upcoming solo performance.. and when leaving and waiting to flag a cab.. saw the most handsome guy on the planet.. my son..... totally topped my night!

We live in the same city, but have very busy.. *very* different lives, so was a total treat to see/hug/kiss and embarrass him (his friends were across the street hehe)

all in all, an absolutely grrrrrreat night :)

• Like 1

my entire night last night was a highlight :)

Good friends birthday party.... awesome people, great food.. far too much alcohol.. bonfire... great conversations.... hottub full of legs :)

...grrrreat night... topped off by a shmorg breakfast once we all crawled out from wheever we had fallen asleep hehe

Guest st*****ens**ors

An hour of music, rewarded by a gin and tonic and a prime rib dinner, as unexpected bonuses to my fee.