You know, I've been a folk dancer for 10 years - Arabic, Indian, Krump, American Tribal, Irish Step, as well as Poi play.

Never before has a dance style so thoroughly hurt my body! I'm on my second week of pole dance lessons, and my butt is getting KICKED!

I have a whole barrel of new respect for you beautiful pole spinning vixens! You made it look so easy, and I was tricked!

Mwah!

• Like 1

Some of the more "active" dancers at Barb's have told me that all they need to do to stay in shape is their normal dance routines ... takes a lot of enegy and strength. And then there is Maude at Barb's who really goes all out.

Guest **cely***r***ne

Yes! My god. I have a pole in my house....and there is not a day that I dont fall off it. How do you do it? It amazes me.

I totally agree...I used to be a sponsored female break-dancer. flips, stalls, floor-work, knee-spins, you name it! and never seemed to leave a break-comp with even the slightest bump......my first month of pole-dancing and I wound up with so many black welts on my inner thighs, knees and inner arms that my mother was concerned that someone was beating me!

I take it easy on the pole these days and focus more on dancing and swinging...that will change tho when I have my own pole for practice at home soon.

Ashley at The Playmate makes my arms and abs hurt just watching....shes a definite star on the pole! :)

• Like 1

Maude at Barb's has a gymnastic background. Learning to dances and doing what she does are very different...she has a nice muscle mass too.

Yes! My god. I have a pole in my house....and there is not a day that I dont fall off it. How do you do it? It amazes me.

Angel has a pole in her house?.....do you all realize what this means?....party at Angels!! :p. Don't worry, Angel. If no one else shows up we can still have ourselves a party of two ;). I'll show you some of my moves on the pole then you can show me yours :D

Posted via Mobile Device

Check out Phoenix Kazree - she's a pole dancing competitor who now lives in Canada.

I would imagine that you can get a lot of ideas for dance routines by watching videos from the pole dance competitions and just adapt them to your level of comfort and agility with the pole. :)

Guest S***dst***
I think a lot of the skills of the pole dance are also similar to the skills needed in a curtain dance.

Pink does that kind of acrobatics in her live shows all the time she is amazing at it. Secret to her amazing body I suppose ;)

Pink does that kind of acrobatics in her live shows all the time she is amazing at it. Secret to her amazing body I suppose ;)

I saw her doing it in the Grammy Awards or something, I can't believe she's still singing while she's doing it. It's probably on tape when she's doing the acrobatics.

I also understand pole dancing is even harder / more dangerous if you have enhanced breasts. The implant(s) can be dislodged away from the muscle if you are not extra careful. Ouch.