Nevada BS

I for one am tired of how Nevada management treat there girls, and can't fully understand why it is allowed to continue. Any other workplace would have been either shut down , or fined ( pardon the ironcy of this statement) by the government for breach of labour laws. I'm curious if there is any pooner who could offer some advice as to how to stop this blatant highway robbery?? I know some of the girls are considering approaching the labour board .....is there a better avenue?

For those who are wondering what I'm talking about, it is the ridicolous fines that get levied on the girls for petty things.....such as $50 fine for not showing up with make -up on, $150 fine per girl , if no one is at front desk ( if 5 girls working at time thats a $750 cash grab) , 100 fine for showing up late for shift ( 5 mins or less is suuficent grounds for giving some one a $100 fine??)....$50 fine for going over time on session.....and on and on......one girl told me she was fined over $500 in a two week period!!! This is pimping at its lowest!!! That is the main reason most girls only last a week or 2.......I'm sick and tired of management taking advantage of these girls , and in my opnion its the same as the pimp on the street, taking most of the cash from his girls. Unfortunately for the girls, and unfortunately for the customer, unless things change, some of the girls may go so frustrated that they go to the authorities and get this place shut down. I'm willing to help these girls , and throw in some cash to get a lawyer...not to shut the place down , but to get their working conditions improved , and put a end to these unfair labour practices. Anyone else have suggestions? Offer help? THIS MUST STOP!

Always been creeped out by the place and haven't stepped foot in there for years and years even though there have been girls i'd liked to have visited with. An owner of a business has the right to set out working conditions and employees have the right not to work under those conditions and to work elsewhere. This is no way a defence of the practices in place, just the facts. I'm pretty sure the labour board route wouldn't the answer in the end. The only way change happens is to withold services, as a client and or as a worker or both. Once revenue starts to decline an attitude adjustment may be forth coming. This is the classic demand and supply business and unfortunately there are not many other or any other options for some which is why the poor/unfair employee relations seems to be able to continue unabated.

But what do i know.

Peace

MG

Things like this while very unscrupulous are not necessarily illegal and often the Labour Standards Branch will be very reluctant to become involved unless it is an obvious breach of provincial labour laws which it is not.

Employers do have a certain amount of latitude as to which forms of employee discipline they choose to impose as long as it does not violate the Criminal Code of Canada, any other Federal or Provincial Laws or Acts and is discussed with and agreed to by both parties upon hiring as a condition of their employment.

That said they might still have a case in court. For example there have been lots of cases of "wrongful dismissal" that were successfully sued for in Court of Queens Bench that did not necessarily violate provincial labour laws.

My advice to them would be for all of the ladies to get together and document as accurately as possible, their grievences. Initially I would suggest they elect 2 or 3 representatives to go and talk with Eric to voice their concerns. Make it clear to him that if there is no resolution to this issue they are prepared to go the next step (get a lawyer) but they felt it might be in the best interest of everyone to settle this "out of court". If Eric is reasonable (and smart) he'll likely negotiate a compromise. He should realize that a legal battle will not be cheap for him and he doesn't need the negative publicity given we live in a city that all the "do gooders" are just begging for a reason to close down another MP.

If Eric declines to meet or negotiate a settlement, then they should make an appointment with a labour lawyer and outline their concerns as well as whether or not the fines were disclosed as a condition of employment. Is there anything in writing that they may have signed? Get the lawyer to send Eric a letter outlining their demands. Often a letter from a lawyer gets people's attention.

Then see what happens.

Actually it is illegal.

What they are doing is extortion and it is illegal whether it is a license business or a guy extorting money from his girlfriend while she works the street. It all depends on proof and how willing you are to go through with the whole legal process.

I went and worked them for two days early this year and being of more independent mind, I basically told Belinda to fuck off after she was trying to get me to give her 40 dollars for the license and 20 for pay roll. I only stayed for one session and your only allowed to charge 100 , so I was left with less than half.

Not to mention how Eric talked to the girls . Talk about verbally abusive.

Once those girls found out I was independent, They ask me how to go about it. I told how to do it and how simple it is and with the amount of money they pay with fines it would be easy to afford to advertise.

I would never work there again . I cound't stand being there.

I don't think anyone will be going to lawyers, the labour board or anyone else. What goes on at Navada's is illegal and everyone knows it. The girls have to get together as a group and stand up to the bullshit or walk away. What else can they do ? I don't think many clients will be doing much about it so it's up to the girls. A lot of very wonderful gals have just walked away and gone indi or to one of the other mps. Lots come back after a bit so I don't know if the problem is all that bad...

Some sps don't have a place to work out of, so going back to such an mp would be the only option they can see.

I agree, all of the workers are going to have to stand together, and force the owner to eliminate the fines system altogether. The owner of the mp is already getting a room fee and they should simply have to deal with their expenses that way. There are some agencies that actually pay sps to sign on with them, so these days of indentured servitude here are pretty archaic. Also, in the past, it wasn't as simple as it is today to post your own ads, with pics, for little or nothing and be independent. These owners need to make their places more attractive, not less. When the current lineup gathers together and refuses to take calls that day, en masse, it shows up in the bottom line for everyone. It needs to be a partnership, not a battle ground.

In NZ, these kinds of setups are totally illegal, the owners would face either being shut down or heavy fines. However, the workers would not have to put up with it in the first place and/or would not hesitate to report them. It is pretty difficult to report when the activity taking place is illegal.

For the front desk, I would suggest the owner pay someone to be there. That would be an incentive, someone will want to remain at the front rather than penalize everyone if no one is there. An extra 20/hour for the one who volunteers would probably keep the desk occupied. Now if someone isn't ready for their shift (not wearing makeup on arrival) or late, I don't think there is any need for a fine. That sp is going to learn soon enough she will miss opportunties and appts because she is not there to take them. Same with missed days, lost income is incentive enough to show up and on time. Fining someone doesn't make as much sense as making them do all the laundry and room cleanups for that day. They will soon learn to be on time, call in when sick, and be prepared.

The only way for us to make a stand is to not go to the place, yes we hurt the owner financially but also the gals unless they stand united and all go to other establishments.

I worked there year's ago and quit because I had the flu and was home in bed and Belinda was going to fine me 100.00 plus give me 2 weeks off the schedule. I told her I quit.

Went in to pick up my paycheck which she'd taken 75% of it towards an avon order off it. I freaked screamed at her told her to make me a proper cheque and shove her avon up her a**. Is she still making girl's buy avon?

Not to mention it's manditory to pay 300.00 towards a Christmas party regardless if you go or not. Oh and I remember at one time she was renting dvd's from some video place, burning copies and making or shall I say intimidating the girl's into buying the copies.

The scrupulous, manipulitive, and conniving way she run's that place is nauseating.

Girl's there need to run, and run fast away from Belinda.

Omg , she did that to you too.

I worked for her back in 2004 . I was young did not know too much about the biz, was doing the mp thing. she fored me because I was 10 minutes late. I think her daughter had a hate on for me.

she took my whole check and said it was for the avon.

I was with my mom( I know it sounds wierd , but my mom is no stranger to this kind of lifestyle) and she flipped and had Belinda running into the office and eric tried to make a stand . My Mom was 5"8 and about 200 lbs at that time and trust me when she is mad , you don't want to mess with her LOL. needless to say she threaten me ( an 18 year old girl) with revenue canada LoL and I never got my money back. It was quite funny to see little dwarf Eric try to go toe to toe with my mom. nothing physical happened by the way, but I got alot of phone calls from the girls saying that was the coolest thing .

Don't ask me why I went back there this year , I 'm surprise she even let me work there again, but she is always hurting for girls. I'm not sure if she does the avon thing . Like I said in my previous post I was only there for like a day and a half and I told her to beat it.

This is why independents need your support! From the sound of it, that is pretty much exploitation, and should not be supported. The men should tell the management that they won't go there unless the ladies are treated better. Don't know if it would change anything. I just can't believe how awful and greedy some people can be. I really feel for anybody stuck in that situation.

• Like 1