Is It Me Or Is It Too Soon....

Instead of being like the Grinch , when you see Christmas stuff on the shelf , don't get flustered ( Even though thinking about the PRICE of Christmas is enough to get you down LOL ) , try to find the positive side of it & bring out some Christmas cheer .. Or put your head high and walk right past the eggnog.

I think the reason the advertise early is because there are plenty Christmas freaks that makes the marketing company's job a lot easier for them by clearing all the Christmas stuff off the shelves before the end of October. & I do find , the earlier you do the Christmas shopping , the more deals you will find. The same thing you could buy right now , could be doubled in price by the time Christmas comes ... Just look at the upside :D

Instead of being like the Grinch , when you see Christmas stuff on the shelf , don't get flustered ( Even though thinking about the PRICE of Christmas is enough to get you down LOL ) , try to find the positive side of it & bring out some Christmas cheer .. Or put your head high and walk right past the eggnog.

I think the reason the advertise early is because there are plenty Christmas freaks that makes the marketing company's job a lot easier for them by clearing all the Christmas stuff off the shelves before the end of October. & I do find , the earlier you do the Christmas shopping , the more deals you will find. The same thing you could buy right now , could be doubled in price by the time Christmas comes ... Just look at the upside :D

HUMBUG Lol

scroogescared.jpg

RG :-)

I'm pretty sure I've seen egg nog here way earlier....

However, I wholeheartedly agree. May we please get past Hallowe'en before Christmas gets to take of the 75% of the seasonal aisle in a store?

Just came back from grocery shopping, egg nog out already.

Haven't had Halloween yet, now a Christmas drink out already

Getting way too commercialized

RG

Don't be fooled by that glimpse of eggnog. I found some 2 weeks ago, in one location of a drugstore chain. No other grocery store or location that i visited, INCLUDING THAT SAME ONE a week later, had any eggnog of any kind anywhere.

It was like a cruel joke, because I didn't pick up two or three cartons, believing that there would be more everywhere. I put it in coffee, like an eggnog latte. Terrific.

in the meantime, Halloween must come first, and be treated with all due respect, of course.

avagardner300.jpg?w=500

ahhhhh!!!! Here's the answer!!!!

PumpkinNog_1.jpg

Oct 1 2011

IT'S HARVEST TIME AND WE ARE FEATURING OUR PUMPKIN EGG NOG!

HARVEST TIME - TRY OUR PUMPKIN EGG NOG!

Fall leaves, pumpkins and egg nog. Yes, we said egg nog. Umpqua is excited to once again offer our award winning egg nogs, complete with our delicious Pumpkin Egg Nog.

Umpqua Dairy Pumpkin Egg Nog is a luscious egg nog made with whole milk and rich cream, pastuerized eggs, pumpkin puree and a special blend of pumpkin pie inspired spices. It is available in half gallons.

This is available with our complete line up of holiday favorites of Umpqua Dairy Old Fashion Egg Nog, Umpqua Dairy Lite Egg Nog and Umpqua Dairy Holiday Nog.

Umpqua Dairy Old Fashion Egg Nog is a luscious egg nog made with whole milk and rich cream, pastuerized eggs and our special blend of spices.

Also, Umpqua Dairy Lite Egg Nog is the lighter version of our Old Fashion Egg Nog. It is made with 1% lowfat milk, pastuerized eggs and our specil blend of spices. It is available in half gallons and pints.

Umpqua Dairy Holiday Nog is an eggless flavored milk. It is made with 2% reduced fat milk and our special blend of spices. It is available in half gallons and pints.

Umpqua Dairy Egg Nogs are available now thru the 2011 holiday season.

Check out our recipe page for great Egg Nog recipes to share with your family this holiday season.

and a home made recipe!!!

Pumpkin Nog

Ingredients:

- 12 eggs

- 5 cups whole milk

- 750 ml bottle of 10 Cane Rum (or dark rum)

- 1/2 lb superfine sugar

- 1 tbsp vanilla extract

- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon

- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree

- whipped cream

Garnish: fresh grated nutmeg, dollop of whipped cream

Separate eggs. Place egg whites in the refrigerator. In a mixing bowl, beat yolks until creamy. Gradually add half sugar, beating at high speeds until thick. Stir in milk, rum, vanilla, cinnamon, and pumpkin puree. Place in refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours. Remove egg whites from the refrigerator and beat until soft peaks form. Add remaining sugar, beating into stiff peaks. Fold the chilled rum mixture into egg whites. Serve in a martini glass. Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg and a dollop of whipped cream.

top_10cane_pumpkin.jpg