Cold weather - warm food what works for you?

Weather is changing here in Edmonton, a cold wind blowing in from the North.

What food or meal helps you warm up?

On my way home after dropping off a surpirse gift to my special lady, I popped into my local grocery and rustled up some fixins for a hearty pot of

spicy chilli!

The aroma is filling my home right now as I wait for the batch to reach it's prime eating blend.

MMMMMMM, MMMMMM Yummy.

• Like 2

Guest E*******h S******s

My home made pot roast, roasted potatoes and green beans. *happy sigh*

Oh, all of the above so far, but especially the chili and roast beef.

For me, a homemade spaghetti sauce, with garlic bread and a salad on the side.

I really like a Shepard's pie, complete with gravy:) mmmmm mmmm

But as simple as a grill cheese, Will warm me up on a snow day too!

I also love an Acadian dish known as " poutine rapee" it is the original poutine!

I learned to make this from my ma mere, and will continue every new years:)

Along with sea foo chowder! So thick you can stand your fork into!! lol

To quote MrNice2 "All of the above" , but gotta love a nice thick pork chop done just right, mashed (or garlic mashed) potatoes, side of vegetable (not picky) and of course the apple sauce.....

Delicious....

Yup all of the above sounds awesome

For lunch mushroom soup and a toasted bacon, cheese and tomato sandwich or grilled cheese

Suppertime a coffee and Baileys warmer upper drink and then ham and scalloped taters (them babies warm u up) Raisin bread pudding straight outta the oven for desert if u wanna kick er up a notch

Out ice fishing, get the coleman stove out, cook up some venison or moose steaks (couple friends I fish with hunt as well), along with baked beans, habitant pea soup, fried potatoes, and me, being the non drinker, a thermos of hot coffee, my buddies, well something instead of hot coffee

RG

I'm a soup guy, usually put some broth on and go from there. I can be quite creative, usually with some celery, carrots, onions, and then maybe some lentils, noodles or rice and any left over chicken or hamburger. Use the left over water from cooking the potatoes or veggies the night before to add some real flavour.

Dumplings are so easy on so many dishes. My mom used to make a great dessert. It started with a fruit base bubbling in the pot, and then with dumplings on top.

When cold season comes around, I break out the slow cooker. Love making stews, pasta sauces, soups and chili in there. Always makes the house smell sexy, you don't have to check on it 50 times once it's in there, and always seems to taste better when you're coming in from the cold! So you can have your "appointment" and not have to worry about making dinner later ;-)