What is it with Ottawa

Ok guys I know Cat has a thread on this and I found her position was well made concerning cancellations. But it clearly appears to have fallen on deaf ears.

I was very fortunate to spend time with Emma today who is visiting from Halifax. She is an incredable lady and I found out how many cancelations she has had since Friday and frankly I was very suprised, considering the expese she has had to deal with in simply getting here.

I understand that things happen but let's face it gentlemen we asked her to come back. We made bookings with her when she announced she was comming which was the basis for her decision to book the flight, room and the list of expenses that she must deal with.

I think Catherine put it best and I am reffering to the guys that are and do cancel, "PULL YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR COLLECTIVE ASSES" the ladies deserve our respect and genuine consideration. I for one will not even book with a visiting lady unless I have made sure I am going to make it. If for what ever reason I have to cancel I make arrangements to give her at least half of what I had comitted to. I do not have a lot of disposable income but I do this out of genuine appreciation and respct for what these ladies go through.

I appologize for the rant but I truly feel this needs to be kept up front until we have got the message which appears not to be the case.

Guest Ou**or**n

I can understand that no-shows are a big problem for many ladies, especially for bookings done in advance.

Maybe they should simply require a confirmation 1 1/2 to 1 hour before the scheduled appointment (phone, text email - negotiate at time of original booking). Then, make it clear that a lack of a confirmation is considered a cancellation and that someone else will get their time slot.

Now, with a cancellation determined a minimum one hour in advance, put up a notice here on CERB or CL that a short term spot has become available. Right now there are 45 people viewing the Schedule and Announcements section. I'm confident that there would be at least some members who are available on one-hour's notice. That gives 1/2 an hour for a quick shower and then a 1/2 drive.

Thoughts?

Guest Ou**or**n

Maybe a new sub-forum - The Last Minute Club :) - or just shout it out from chat.

First - I've read Cat's post and have said my two cents there. I do have a question since the topic has come up again.

Is it cancellations or no-shows that is the issue? Now don't get me wrong, I do not condone either, I am just looking for clarity in terms of which is the real issue.

Now, with a cancellation determined a minimum one hour in advance, put up a notice here on CERB or CL that a short term spot has become available. Right now there are 45 people viewing the Schedule and Announcements section. I'm confident that there would be at least some members who are available on one-hour's notice. That gives 1/2 an hour for a quick shower and then a 1/2 drive.

Thoughts?

That's a great idea for local sp's as some are already doing.

The main issue here is that Emma is on tour here at some local hobbiests request, and THEY cancelled on her AFTER she got here, which of course is not good for anybody, but worse in this case given that unless she was here for pleasure before or after the work visit, she's out of pocket some money, and I think she must have done her home work and seen what the potential number of calls would be. Its very sad when client request a visit, and cancel then wonder why some travelling sps charge a deposit AHEAD of the trip, here in part is the answer, risk management...

A well, another nasty strike for Ottawa, albeit not everyone here does it, we are all tagged the same way...

i know not everyone is the same and i was given valid excuses..but the point is i'm here now and having people camcel is a major pain. I love Ottawa and was hoping i could make it a reguar stop....oh well whats a girl to do...

Although the gentlemen have given me reasons for cancellations it can still make a person a little parnoid...

kisses,

Emma

Understandably so Emma, sorry for the bad vibes, I wish these things would not happen as often as they seem to happen here, it's not good for anybody :(

Guest f***2f***
I am really sorry for canceling but mucus is not sexy. First time I have ever canceled but I will make it up to you - Swing!

mucus not sexy??? here you are not as kinky as I thought!!:shock:

I am really sorry for canceling but mucus is not sexy. First time I have ever canceled but I will make it up to you - Swing!

you bet your boogers you will MR....lmao