Bookings and Follow up from Agency's

I was hoping to get feed back from a Agency on this topic, but everyone is welcome to comment.

So I will start with my own experience, that can be attested by another CERB member.

I had a booking with an Agency to see a touring SP. On October 1st... I was sent a email through my hotmail account stating, your appointment on October _ at _ _ _ _ is confirmed, we'll contact you for location.

So the evening prior to my scheduled appointment I have nothing in my hotmail email, nothing here on CERB in my pm box, nothing on my cell phone(which I was kind enough to give out to follow appointment bookings).

The day of, I check 3 hours to appointment time, same thing nothing, again 2 hours,1 hour, then of course the time of the appointment, still nothing!

From a simple point of view!!! could there not of been some common courtesy to simply email me/phone call me/send a message here on CERB, or even an announcement " Hey there unfortunately there was not enough bookings therefore she has decided not to come to Ottawa"

But to leave a client hanging... just is not good for business.

I did not mention the agency, this is not a pissing match, but a answer would be really nice for me ever to use your bookings again.

Signed pissed off

Pete in Ottawa

BTW...I could of seen someone else if I was not left hanging for the entire morning.My time is also valuable to me.

I totally understand what happened to you but unlike some people i follow through. As i said i understand when things come up and people can't make it as long as the gentlemen/ladies are kind enough to let you know. The agency definitely should have told you that she wasn't coming after all that's just not good business.

Even though i had some cancellations i came anyway...i had some confirmed bookings and i DO NOT like to disappoint anyone. Good Manners and consideration of one's time is very important. Sorry to hear of your let down PP.

kisses,

Emma A

Human nature.... ahhh its a beautyful thing. In all of my wisdom that I accumulated over the past 30 plus years, there is one thing that will never change when it comes to human nature. Some people are idiots, some are thieves, some are too stupid to know any different and some are smart in so many ways, its just a plain fact. This SP who didn't have the common courtesy to even send a message is no different then the employee who spits in a Big Mac before serving it or the business man who never follows up on a potential client.

"We learn or we burn"

Author, Rubjunky

Pete -from how you have described the sequence of events, this sounds like it is poor judgment and bad business sense on their part. Very much the same as an Independent who confirms an appointment for a certain time, have you drive across the city and call back for her exact location only when you do, you discover she's turned her phone off for the night. Bad business!!

I'm with Emma - good manners and consideration of one's time is very important - it works both ways.

Yup... I've had similar experiences to what Pete has posted about. I don't put the details re: that crap here because I doubt if it would be compatible with the concept of a "recommendation board". But those of you who pull this shit are naive if you don't think that those of us who know each other don't share these little details about your unprofessional behaviour.

BTW - I'm not talking about the unexpected things that come up in everyone's life that cause an issue and so you call ahead, appologize and re-book. That's totally cool.... disappointing for everyone involved, but still cool. I'm talking about cavalier no show no call no nothing bullshit.

Fortunately, just like the pukes that no-notice no-show on the SPs, it is the exception; not the rule.

On the other hand, you have to admire Emma. A true pro. The show must go on. I had the pleasure of spending some hi-quality time in her beautiful in-call setting earlier this week. Very, very classy. Despite the issues experienced, she never had a bad word to say; only smiles and kisses all the way (and one helluva lot more). Anyone who wants to know more about the "rest of the story" can pm me. Suffice to say... Delightful in every way.

I totally understand what happened to you but unlike some people i follow through. As i said i understand when things come up and people can't make it as long as the gentlemen/ladies are kind enough to let you know. The agency definitely should have told you that she wasn't coming after all that's just not good business.

Even though i had some cancellations i came anyway...i had some confirmed bookings and i DO NOT like to disappoint anyone. Good Manners and consideration of one's time is very important. Sorry to hear of your let down PP.

kisses,

Emma A

Well, this is bad business and eventually these booking agencies will get what they deserve: no business due to dab rep.

It has happened to me several times, specially with the out of town booking agencies (there are three main ones) servicing Ottawa. Most if not all the girls there are affiliated with other agencies but use these bookers for their travels. If they do not get enough bookings they just do not come. No problem with that,but at least have the decency and courtesy to advise your customers that they will not show up.

This board has a thread about "bad customers" that are no shows, and I agree with that, but the coin has two sides, there should be the same for agencies. And in my opinion this would not be slander, these are facts.

Since this thread just to update readers here on CERB the agency in question sent me an apology,offered a discounted rate.

Which was fine and appreciated by me... but sadly and unfortunately wrong date for offer due to personal plans already set.

Fellow CERB members >>>Do you think it is fair, the next time they send a lady, I should say "I'm cashing in my discounted rate,does it still apply?":roll:

Just throwing the question out there!

Since this thread just to update readers here on CERB the agency in question sent me an apology,offered a discounted rate.

Which was fine and appreciated by me... but sadly and unfortunately wrong date for offer due to personal plans already set.

Fellow CERB members >>>Do you think it is fair, the next time they send a lady, I should say "I'm cashing in my discounted rate,does it still apply?":roll:

I would cash it in! No doubt the future discount will be coming from the agencies slice of the pie.

Just make sure you discuss it with the agency before the SP arrives so there are no surprises. But I think they would gladly offer it when it was convenient for you...

Catherine

If you're going to do that, then make it clear up front with the agency so that once you show up, the lady of the day is not surprised and you end up with a bad session. Knowing you, you will likely tip the lady and still spend the same $$. Expectations, expectations...

Edited by Seymour
I see cat and I are on the same wavelength today ;-) she beat me to it..

As much as we'd love to save a few bucks (you know, more for the next time), I would be somewhat hesitant to accept a discount unless the agency was genuinely sincere in their promise. What would worry me is if they were taking a piece of that discount out of the SP's cut. These ladies deserve their share and should not have to be subjected to paying a favour for the agency's prior mistake.

It could conceivably happen, so to make sure I would probably feel obliged to make sure the girl was well tipped (from the wallet I mean) and that negates any discount. Just a thought....

What is it going to hurt to ask really. I say go for it cause if they really want your business then they will give you some sort of discount. I've had this heppen to me before and yeah I got a discount on the next visit. Some agencies are real good about this cause sometimes things just happen. I'm glad to hear they contacted you and appologized and bonus on the offer for the discount.