Big Sports Games Rituals

With today being Grey Cub, I thought I would ask if anyone has a specific ritual that goes along with a Big Game. It could be Grey Cub, Super Bowl, Stanley Cup, World Cup, etc... Do you associate any of these big sporting events with a particular tradition? The tradition could be someone you're with, a place you go, a meal, or special activity.

For me Grey Cup has always been a day of beer and chili. Just sits on the stove for a couple hours and have a couple bowls through the game. The other was the World Juniors Hockey Championship. Always watched the tournament with my father. He passed a few years back but, don't think I'll ever watch it without thinking of his presence.

What's your tradition?

Cub

Grey Cup is also a day of beer and chilli and snacks for me as well Cub. I have been going to a Grey Cup party, at the same place and with mostly the same people for I think it is 22 years. Just a fun time, no matter whether your team is in it or not.....some fun grudge matches can arrise which make it that much more...entertaining :)

Cheers Grey Cup partiers ! :chug:

Ah sports traditions for big games. Grey Cup, Superbowl, Canada in the World Juniors or Olympic hockey, these would all fit the bill.

A day of anticipation, and watching hours of pregame shows. A few beer to nurse things along, and of course my little $2 bet on Proline. Next is the comfort food. Cheese and crackers as a pregame snack, chips and dip and peanuts at close hand and then planning to have the pizza burgers or pizza or tonight, a steak, ready for the opening kickoff.

For today, Go BOMBERS.

I always watch the Super Bowl with my parents, and we set up a bunch of fun little prop wagers (e.g. which team has the longest run, which QB has more passing yards, etc.) and whoever does worst on their picks has to do the dishes after the game.

Also, we eat a lot of food, often something not so healthy like pizza and/or chicken wings.

For American college basketball's March Madness, I set up two laptops in front of the big TV and watch 3 or 4 games at the same time, as well as drinking 1L of Dr. Pepper each day. This is literally the highlight of my year, every year.

• Like 1