personally, i don't think this a good law, where you can shoot someone and not be held accountable even if it's your own home.

It is hard not to feel for this women holding the baby while these intruders try to break in...i don't think it's right to kill someone, maybe injury but not kill.

this is my opinion.

Perhaps a question that needs asking-why were the police not there within the 21 minutes she was on the phone? Traffic? They didn't think it was a priority? She was alone and someone was breaking into her home and the police failed to show? that failure alone may justify her action, despite the outcome.

I think if you break into someone's home you take your chances, I think this young woman did what she had to do to protect her child, can't blame her one bit, unless she was a trained marksman it would be impossible to shoot someone just enough to wound/disable them and not kill them.

Only I don't think she was planning on killing anyone but also doubt she had any time/mind to think where to shoot and what the consequences would be. Also, let's not forget things always sound easy said than done. I think many (including myself) would react that way especially if their kid was there.

personally, i don't think this a good law, where you can shoot someone and not be held accountable even if it's your own home.

It is hard not to feel for this women holding the baby while these intruders try to break in...i don't think it's right to kill someone, maybe injury but not kill.

this is my opinion.

I guess it depends where you shoot but although I have never been in a situation like that and hope to never be, I imagine hard to think on where you'll shoot the intruder so even if she had some training she may have probably done the same an I totally agree, she did the right thing.

I think if you break into someone's home you take your chances, I think this young woman did what she had to do to protect her child, can't blame her one bit, unless she was a trained marksman it would be impossible to shoot someone just enough to wound/disable them and not kill them.

Only I don't think she was planning on killing anyone but also doubt she had any time/mind to think where to shoot and what the consequences would be. Also, let's not forget things always sound easy said than done. I think many (including myself) would react that way especially if their kid was there..

She didn't plan on killing the guy, totally understand that...she was doing it in self-defense.

She did have some time to think because she called 911 and asked the operator if it was OK to shoot the intruders, but the operator couldn't tell her to do that and she had to do what she thought was right...it was her decision.

I guess my only thing is maybe there are alternatives, like yelling and saying you have a gun, fire off a warning shot...i'm sure if the intruders knew she had a gun, they would be running the other way. And if they didn't heed the warning then they pay the consequence.

I would also take the child and move to another room and lock yourself in, barricade the door or whatever.

• Like 1

Self-defense is acceptable in most jurisdictions, AFAIK. Anyone who doesn't want to get shot breaking in to someone's home is entirely free to... er... not break in to someone else's home.

A tricky one to insist on... you'd have to be a good shot, and cool-headed, to injure someone enough to make them go away without either killing them or not doing enough. And if they're armed too, they don't have to all that alive to shoot you back...

States does have some good laws..

Did you get drug tested today? Thank you Florida, Kentucky, and Missouri, which are the first states that will require drug testing when applying for welfare. Some people are crying and calling this unconstitutional. How is this unconstitutional? It's OK to drug test people who work for their money but not those who don't? I'd like to see this done in all 50 states. I totally agree it should be mandatory!..

these aren't my words...

Ironic timing Julia. I saw an episaode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia the other day where two of the main characters deliberately got addicted to crack so they could recieve welfare lol.

States does have some good laws..

Did you get drug tested today? Thank you Florida, Kentucky, and Missouri, which are the first states that will require drug testing when applying for welfare. Some people are crying and calling this unconstitutional. How is this unconstitutional? It's OK to drug test people who work for their money but not those who don't? I'd like to see this done in all 50 states. I totally agree it should be mandatory!..

these aren't my words...

Ironic timing Julia. I saw an episaode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia the other day where two of the main characters deliberately got addicted to crack so they could recieve welfare lol.

Oh that is so weird. Is addicted to drugs a qualification? Well now that I think about it.. If I was addicted to drugs, it would be nice to have someone to help me, those drug rehab centers aren't cheap so I'd imagine there are specific rehab/welfare programs that see to it that the addicted get the help they need..