What am i doing wrong?

In the Twitter box you have to enter the "@" name.

On Twitter I am Old Dog BUT to get my posts published, I entered "@ elder dog" in the twitter box in the profile.

Emma... Twitter is currently "over capacity" so that might be an issue..... the NFL playoff game is in overtime and I can guarantee you all the NFL fans are tweeting....

One last thing... if your twitter account is set to protected or private, CERB won't be able to rebroadcast unless CERB is granted access....

Edited by Old Dog

Maybe I should try this twitter thingy... but Mod, if you're reading - it'd be really nice if the feed could put the most recent tweets at the top rather than pushing them down so you can't read them as more load... :)

up and tweeting...thanks OD..muah!

Hey... some Old Dogs have learned new tricks!

• Like 1

I'm also trying to add the twitter feed to my profile, and am at a loss why it isn't showing my posts... or anyone's posts. It has been days since I set it up, so it can't be whatever lag time it takes.

My name and ID don't even appear at the top of the twitter feed box. A little thingamahjiggy rotates for a while, then disappears. Nothing doing.

I've tried putting '@' in front of my twitter ID in my profile, to no avail.

I've allowed popups for domain cerb.ca and disabled my adblocker. Zip.

If I click on send message via twitter link in someone else's profile, it does nothing. (At that same time, I am also logged into twitter.)

I'm usually no slouch when it comes to tech issues like this but I'm scratching my head on this one.

Could it just be twitter is blocked up again today?

PLEASE HELLPPPP! :)

Sensual lixxx to the lady that solves it. ;) ( guys, we can negotiate something :) )

Thanks in advance.

FR

Well, I've just looked at a couple of profiles of other people who I *know* used to to have this working, and they've got the same as you. So I'd imagine it's an issue with the little twitter plugin...

• Like 1

Guest p**h*x

Just a stab in the dark but do you have your twitter account settings set to "protect my tweets"? Your tweets will only show to those on your friends list if that's the case. Perhaps the plugin wouldn't work if that setting was enabled.

That's my best guess. If not, I have no idea.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Yes the protect my Tweets function is what is disabling the Tweeter plugin. It is either protected Tweets or or wide open settings I am afraid.

I'll either get it to work eventually (or as I've heard, it magically starts working) or else I'll have to decide to drop the 'protected' option or not bother with the twitter feed on this site.

I suspect it should operate with those that are in your circle of friends, but not with anyone else. What I'm seeing is that it's not working at all, so I'll keep my hat on, wait and see if it's a load problem with twitter.

Thanks for the comments so far. Anyone else with insight into how it is supposed to work is welcome to comment.

I am trying to add the twitter box to my profile. I have no idea how to do this. I just set up my account but how do I make it show here on cerb?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Lots of love to you

To setup your Twitter feed here on CERB, all you need to do is go to edit your profile and enter your twitter ID in the middle section named "Optional Information". (Look for the blue "twitter" "t" next to the skype field)

Make sure though that on twitter your tweets aren't private (the box "Protect my tweets" should be unchecked there), or the feed here won't work.

Good luck!

• Like 1

To setup your Twitter feed here on CERB, all you need to do is go to edit your profile and enter your twitter ID in the middle section named "Optional Information". (Look for the blue "twitter" "t" next to the skype field)

Make sure though that on twitter your tweets aren't private (the box "Protect my tweets" should be unchecked there), or the feed here won't work.

Good luck!

Thank you so much!

P.S. I ran out of rep points so I nominated your post instead. I really appreciate your help! Thanks again xoxox

• Like 1

I don't know but, I added the twitter feed, and in the past week, you see nothing on profiles with the live feed it worked fine for me the first week. I just removed it off my profile, and will add again later.

My the little hamster keeps turning round and round and you see no conversation. ;) Likewise when I visited those other Twitter users profiles.

Really doesn't bother me, just wondering if others see the same thing? I use Firefox when exploring if that means anything.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Twitter seems to be a hit or miss software. My profile says I am on Twitter but as you know it is protected so nothing shows up on my profile.

Twitter seems to be a hit or miss software. My profile says I am on Twitter but as you know it is protected so nothing shows up on my profile.

Yes, if your profile is protected then it just won't work. This is by design. If you profile is protected, presumably you don't want just anyone reading your tweets here, right?

Of course, that doesn't excuse the fact that it seems broken even if your twitter feed is wide open...

Twitter now needs us to register as a app developer from he looks of it... I am looking into his but for now the feeds will not show up.