A house that produces it`s own water and energy

It's a great idea if you can do it. But I think all most of us can do is try to use this as an example and try and conserve electricity and water in many small ways. It all adds up.

my entire house is on Geothermal water system for heating and cooling can't believe how efficient it is and keeps my E-bills pretty low. Tha said my house isn't completely off the grid still need juice for my puter...lol

that house is kind of amazing, seems like it would cost ALOT of money to start up but i guess you would make it all back over time

check his site link. Costs are there and yup! paid back bigtime

"It's a house that produces power, water and even reuses its own sewage, all that in the middle of Australia's biggest city. When Sydney environmental lawyer Michael Mobbs set out to renovate his 100 year old home back in 1996, he- and his wife and 2 children- didn't want to live in anything that looked, sounded or smelled "freakish".

With an investment of $48,000 in sustainable systems ($26,000 for solar, $11,000 for water and $11,000 for sewage), they've cut their cost of living (energy & water) from $3000 to $200 per year. Everything can be easily replicated.

In this video, Michael Mobbs shows us his house, home sewage system, chickens and alternative gardening techniques"

and for more on earthships I highly recommend his movie 'GarbageWarrior'. You can watch it free online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrMJwIedrWU

Edited by Carrie Moon