More texting accepted

I wish the agencies and independents do more texting or email booking. ALO and CMJ do. PK did for a while and I was thrilled but now they want me to call. I cannot hear well enough to use the phone. Texting or emailing. Who allow bookings using these methods?

There are a few independents that seem to be ok with this or actually prefer it, but maybe only if you have a strong online presence, maybe through cerb or another board, so that your name is trusted. The agencies certainly dont seem to like this much, although PK did accomodate me via pm once about 9 months ago (last time I used them).

Pdell, this is just a thought but might be worth a try.

If perhaps you stopped in to one or more of the agencies and explained your dilemma with your hearing it might cause them to make an allowance in order to accomodate you.

If they can put a face to the name on an email or a face to the number of a text and then as long as you demonstrate with any bookings that you get that you are sincere and dependable then I would hope that you would be in good hands.

Many people will accomodate others if you present your specific situation to them in a way that will allow them to assist you.

Maybe worth a try?

• Like 2

I wish the agencies and independents do more texting or email booking. ALO and CMJ do. PK did for a while and I was thrilled but now they want me to call. I cannot hear well enough to use the phone. Texting or emailing. Who allow bookings using these methods?

I, for one allow texting and emailing for bookings, but I do require the client to call me to confirm the appointment before I give out directions to my location. This is because I like to hear the person's voice because my screening method is not as rigid as some ladies. I want to make sure it's not some teenage boy or intoxicated person trying to book with me.

However, if someone like yourself was to let me know they were hard of hearing, I would certainly make an exception, although in your case becaue you are a cerb member, first contact by pm would probably be best before texting.

I am also sure others would accommodate you if explained your situation (that's if you could get through to them via pm or email or text I suppose).

Yes .. stop in ... I think PK is at 245 Sparks Street (wink). Or is that the Bank of Canada? I get them confused all the time. :>)

That doesn't seem like the most practical approach, especially if you are trying to maintain some anonymity. Angela's approach seems like a great idea.

I do accept text, BUT... If someone Ive never met contact me with a one liner like: "hey sexy" or "how much where you are located", I wont answer!

If you take time to introduce yourself "Hi, Im X Ive seen your ad on X I would like to see X" there shouldnt have problem to book an appointment with me via text and Im pretty sure its the same for the others girls.

Good luck!

The ladies that I have met have all insisted that initial communication is by e-mail. All have agreed to texting on the day of an encounter. Granted that I tend to only see a small number traveling and independent ladies who visit Ottawa at a frequency that generally meet my wants and desires.

I am sure that we all have particular requirements, it is not unreasonable to simply re-focus onto someone who will meet them. Check out the posts in advertisement section of the board, the links to websites and do your homework. Ladies that meet your posted requirements are posting on CERB. If you are forthright and polite in your e-mails, you should not have any hassles with the ladies.

• Like 2

I'll explain the situation with TXTing. We don't book by text for a number of reasons. First reason is that my phone is forwarded to my receptionist(s) there fore they do not get the txts. So it would mean that I would have to call them to find out if the lady is booked or not, then relay it 3rd party. This can get confusing to say the least.

Second reason is I am often on the road, and can;t pull over everytime I have a txt, and I don't really feel like risking my ass, to start answering the same questions over and over again. Rates are on the site, if they really need the info they can check it out.

Third reason is, and I know alot of you may disagree, txters are often tire kickers, and time wasters. They just want info, and often are no shows. Often I ask them to call, and they say they are too shy. Well if they are too shy to call, what are the odds that they will actually show up? Not so good.

For us its a screening process, and if someone is willing to call, we are willing to spend our time and effort on them to ensure they get what they are looking for. I do understand guys who are at work and can't call, So I normally say, take 1 min when they are on break or call on the way out of the office and we would be super happy to help them out.

We don't keep records of our good clients, only the bad ones. So unless I remember the guy, I really don't do much by txt. No point, I would rather focus on guys who are serious and want to see a lady for sure, that way we dont block up a lady's time with someone who is a dud. This is good business for the client, and the lady.

It's just out point of view, but for us it's been a part of the way we do things and it really has cut down on our no shows dramatically.

• Like 3

Somehow my Dollar post ended up here. I hope it is where it should be now.

Edited by whatsup

I have no problem with texting either. Just had a client show up that booked over text. It's not the method. It's the person. I've had just as many time wasters over the phone who don't show as over text I'm sure.

Gee, all my RVs have been coordinated by email and then by text (SMS) when closer to the appointed time.

I have found that email works well if you are willing to say more about yourself, put a little thought into your message and mention what you would like to do or expect during the meeting.

I only had to use the phone once to confirm while in Toronto.

• Like 1

We do online bookings but there is obviously a delay so if you do not confirm appointment right away you may miss the boat as we cannot hold appointment without a confirmation. Appointments are a first come first serve and the people calling receptionist on the phone or the customer walking into the business has a greater benefit of obtaining appointment time :)

Third reason is, and I know alot of you may disagree, txters are often tire kickers, and time wasters. They just want info, and often are no shows. Often I ask them to call, and they say they are too shy. Well if they are too shy to call, what are the odds that they will actually show up? Not so good.

For us its a screening process, and if someone is willing to call, we are willing to spend our time and effort on them to ensure they get what they are looking for. I do understand guys who are at work and can't call, So I normally say, take 1 min when they are on break or call on the way out of the office and we would be super happy to help them out..

I agree with Jason. I don't encourage texting beyond one or two texts (like I said, you ultimately have to call me to book because I do not book by text only) ( but in the case of the OP, I suggested an alternative due to hard of hearing issue)).

This is because one text can easily turn into half an hour of texting back and forth, with questions that could easily be answered with a brief phone call. Most of the lengthy texting exercises rarely result with the the appointment going through (for whatever reason but often me determining they are a timewaster or "sexter".

If you're a cerb member, initial contact my pm or email beforehand saves a lot of time too, so that when you do text, and say, "hey it's so and so from cerb", then a lot of the initial questions have hopefully already been addressed.

We do online bookings but there is obviously a delay so if you do not confirm appointment right away you may miss the boat as we cannot hold appointment without a confirmation. Appointments are a first come first serve and the people calling receptionist on the phone or the customer walking into the business has a greater benefit of obtaining appointment time :)

I agree. And would have to add that someone who is still in the middle of texting back and forth and back again on issues that could have been asked and answered in two minutes or less, may simply miss the chance to book an appt at whatever time they finally get done with this type-talk.

If you have all the answers you need, and it is someone you've seen before, and they accept texts, then by all means shoot off a quick "are you available at 4pm today", but otherwise cut to the chase, is my opinion. sometimes I wonder if their intent is to confuse and occupy the sp's time to a point that she misses other serious callers.

Just as a note. I prefer to setup time on Cerb and follow up with a text. Calling is not easy as there is usually someone around to listen in. IF you know the person , texting to setup appointment is preferable for me. A text is silent, a voice is not.

• Like 1

Very interesting thread and I can certainly see and know personally how hobbyists lifestyles can dictate how they can correspond ..... but also realize why SPs/MA/Agencies require certain conditions and preference. At the end of the day it is up to the ladies :) No follow rules.... no nookie nookie ;)

For me at first email worked but I was usually only able to check morning and night typically and missed out seeing some amazing ladies because they were booked (for the times I could make it) by the time I was able to reply to an email. I work outta my truck mostly so several months back I started trying the text method....now I book probably 90% of my visits by text. I now have a laptop and aircard so always have internet running but still prefer texting hands down. Texting is simple, quick, easy, and I am on call 24/7 so phone is always with me. My scenario :)

Cerb should have a on-line chat, that will help. or Some SP should use tools such as MSN, talk, etc.

Yellow link under logo (top of screen) that says "Chat Room" is a online chat, with cam and audio capabilities!! It's the most advanced chat room around!