It's always fun laughing at other people and their stupidity, but we've all done our fair share of dumb stuff.

So let's share some of our biggest D'OH! moments.

I walked into an arrow and it was sticking out of my leg like a big, freaky whisker.

I had this set of ornamental bow and arrows when I was still living in Victoria. After a move, I was unpacking, sorting and trying to figure out what goes where. The arrows were sitting on top of a box (which was just under knee-height) and I must have pressed my leg in hard enough to stick myself. Didn't even notice until I walked out of the room to get myself a drink and felt this faint pull on my leg. I looked down and burst out laughing. There it was: a two and a quarter foot arrow sticking out of my leg just below the knee. Perpendicular to the floor. I got my medical kit out, and went to work. No stitches, not even any blood. It was the weirdest thing ever. The arrow tips were conical metal and it went in smoothly about an inch and a half (about 4cm). It didn't hit anything, and that must be a dead-zone for nerves since it didn't hurt a bit. I still have a little round scar on the side of my knee.

Needless to say when I told people what happened, I got a lot of "you got WHAT in your leg!?".

And there's 12 stiches on my arm for not listening to that saying about running with knives. And 3 stitches on a finger for trying to pet my cat with my foot while I was cooking.

Now, I can't be the only one to have done dumb things and ended up in stitches (or a cast). What are some of your Scars of Shame?

Posted via Mobile Device

Edited by Kate von Katz
  • Like 1

Back in the 80s when I drove a motorcycle, I pulled into a friend's place who who was having a party. As I was parking my bike, I spotted a friend I was excited to see and got distracted.

Stupid me, didn't realize I hadn't flipped the kickstand down, until I took my hands off the handlebars and the bike started to tip over.

A couple of guys standing there, helped grab it before it fell on me, but not first without my leg getting the brunt of it.

I still have a hard patch of scar tissue on the back of my right lower leg, that isn't visible, but you can feel if you try to massage that area.

Cynthash:

Yeah, I'm a whole new kind of special, what can I say?

Jabba:

You've got me laughing out loud!

Angela:

OUCH!

Posted via Mobile Device

I haven't done anything too bad yet but I used to crack my neck (like knuckles but much much louder), and one time I pulled a muscle in the side of my neck doing it. It was sore for about a week and made it very difficult to turn my head to the right. I haven't cracked my neck since haha.

A couple come to mind of the top of my head... Both a few years back

1). I was staying in an old hotel on upper level.. No carpets in hallway... Passed a sign that said "caution .. Wet floors " I looked at it and then proceeded to walk, slip and fall down the stairs and seperate my shoulder ..

2). At a party I ran and jumped into the deep end of a private pool that had been drained for repairs ...just sprains, crutches and hurt pride a bit ;)

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 2

1) As a child I was jumping on the couch.. when I fell off and hit my chin on the living room coffee table. bit clear through my tongue.

2) When I was an underage teenager (I think about 16) I was on a church group trip to Cedar Point in Ohio.. a bunch of us thought it would be a good idea to sneak out and make a run to a liquor store. I jumped over a guardrail fence.. got my toe caught on the upper curve of it and fell on cement.

Broke my arm! We got caught sneaking back in but when my broken arm was discovered all ideas of punishment were forgotten. I had travel insurance but I guess our chaperones would have had to pay in advance and then get reimbursed so in their infinite wisdom we had to wait a full 24 hrs or more before I could get a cast back home. OUCH!!

3) With these same chaperones.. (they were very nice people and alot of fun) we were picnicing and playing tag. I climbed a tree to hide.. and when I was caught jumped out of it to run away and broke and sprained my ankle..

Luckily we were on Canadian soil so I got a cast the same day.. and a lovely pair of crutches.

I no longer climb trees or jump fences :)

I was on a trip with a few friends, and of course we all do silly things.

I went to jump over a small fence, and wacked my foot on the fence, and voila, broke my foot... You can imagine the sympathy I got...not.

Well the injury was to my pride in this one.

Back in my high school days there was this girl I liked. She had a part time job at a restaurant as a waitress, and as luck would have it, she waited on our table (whole family there for dinner, and I had a job, so I was going to treat for dinner, tip and all, just to impress her...ahhh teenage hormones)

Anyhow I was cutting my food with my knife and fork, but my eyes on her. I didn't notice the plate sliding to the edge of the table and then off the table, on my lap...what a f**kin mess.

Well I was embarrassed, and just wanted to get the hell outta there...and no, she wasn't impressed, and we never did go out

Does that count as a dumb self injury

RG :-)

We've all hit our funny bone, right? Well a few years ago I whacked mine on the corner of a counter really hard. So I'm staggering around the house clutching my arm and waving it up and down in extreme pain. And then I pass out. Evidently it's not uncommon for extreme bangs on the funny bone to send the body into shock and the person passes out. O.k, it's embarrassing enough to pass out because of your funny bone, but I also cracked my skull open on the way down when head met corner of coffee table. Trip to the ER to be sewn up.

Edited by po***os
Fix typo

Trying to give the abridged version.

Installing a 100 lb. beam solo in a clients kitchen ceiling. Adjusting base of supporting post. Beam falls and drives my head into the floor. I don't think I was knocked out for long as the blood only really started to flow when I stood up trying to figure out what had just happened.

My first thought was that I was going to make a big mess bleeding all over the house and how would I get it cleaned up before the owners returned.

Fortunately I had put down lots of drop sheets.

This happened just a year ago so I grabbed a chunk of snow and towel to make a tourniquet turban to try and slow the bleeding. My glasses were crushed under the beam but somehow I was lucky enough to call the contractor I was doing this work for and he sent someone over.

My next thought was maybe I better clean myself up a bit in case this guy has not seen "Carrie" before. Sort of felt like Steve Buschemi in "Fargo ", when he's hiding the money, not the log chipper part.

So instead of driving to the nearest hospital, I decided to go home first to get some spare specs and go to my more local hospital.

Felt a little weird driving around in my bloody turban but in the end, my neighbour took me into emergency.

Showing up looking like the winner in an axe fight (I assume loser is dead) moves you to the head of the line and in 3 hours and 5 staples and 1 CAT scan I was out of there.

Just to avoid complications, I explained to admitting that a wall mounted speaker had fallen on my head. A big, wall mounted speaker.

Maybe this wasn't the abridged version.

• Like 1

About 10 years ago, spending $13,000 on a 1972 Mercedes 280 SE 4.5 that I knew needed a little work, and then, about 18 months later and $11,000 in repairs, etc., selling it for $10,000.

• Like 1

I used to manage a restaurant and in showing one of my staff how to clean a timer electroucuted myself, and woke up on the floor because i wasn't smart enough to unplug it.

Posted via Mobile Device