Hi everyone,I am wondering here how to make something right,I guess I posted something in the wrong place,I was lioking a recco about an sp here in Fredericton and it was so awesome that I wanted to praise it and I guess I did it wrong and somehow upset her and feel so stupid that she had to admonish me about it that I feel I have to apoligize publicly for my stupidity.I am learning slo but sure and pls be patient.I sure hope other newcomers who make mistakes don't feel so bad about them as I do,again,sorry for my blunder...:(

Everyone makes misteaks... There are a couple things to look for - 1)there is a list on CERB for ladies who do not want reco's but most importantly, 2) ask the lady whether she would approve of a posting on this site.

If you are not sure of how or what to say, you may want to share some of the contents with her beforehand as written words can be interpreted different ways.

Hi everyone,I am wondering here how to make something right,I guess I posted something in the wrong place,I was lioking a recco about an sp here in Fredericton and it was so awesome that I wanted to praise it and I guess I did it wrong and somehow upset her and feel so stupid that she had to admonish me about it that I feel I have to apoligize publicly for my stupidity.I am learning slo but sure and pls be patient.I sure hope other newcomers who make mistakes don't feel so bad about them as I do,again,sorry for my blunder...:(

It sounds to me like you're writing here to complain about your treatment by the moderator of the site, not by the particular provider you posted about. I couldn't find any comments "admonishing" you, so I can only assume that it was either never there or the moderator removed it because it didn't meet the protocol content for this site.

You must realize that this site is for the SP's to promote their businesses, not for hobbyists to complain about being admonished!!!

I would agree with Sam's response as well, but I would add that the purpose of the recommendation board is just that, to recommend the ladies after sharing an experience with them, so if you haven't visited with any particular SP, then you can't really comment on any recommendations for that SP....if you want to comment on them or to them, just post on their board, if you wish to have a date with them, then send them a PM (private message) So from here on, visit, visit, visit!!!

If you feel you need any advice on local SP's, feel free to contact me via PM. If you are confused, read through the rules (I just did to refresh my memory) However, I think you are very well versed on navigating and posting on this site (strange for a newbie), or at least on these types of sites in general, so good luck, hope it works out for you..

Welcome! So you didn't read the rules carefully enough, your not the first or the last to make this mistake so now that you said your sorry, GET OVER IT :) Ever say something without thinking? I think we all have at one time or another. Odd thing about email, PMs, and any kind of post here is they are text only and whereas so much communication is non-verbal anyways, a lot more is lost when you commit it to letters on a page and I think it takes some skill to be able to get complex thoughts across and be understood in all cases and sometimes no matter how hard you try, someone is going to take a post the wrong way.

There is lots of interesting discussions here also on almost any topic imaginable, when people disagree with your point of view, wow they can really disagree. So what? Guess you have to have a little extra thick skin sometimes. I've had 3 or 4 responses to something I posted with people disagreeing with me (and a bunch of private messages agreeing and commending me for saying it like it is or appreciating my different point of view).

So now that you have learned the RULES ARE IMPORTANT, if you want to make up for it, don't apologize - participate more. In the general discussion areas if someone asks a question and you think your point of view or answer might be helpful, post it instead of lurking, otherwise don't. If you have a question and can't find the answer (have searched for it first), don't be afraid to ask. There are so many members, someone will know the answer you seek.

Regarding recommendations I rarely do them (especially if the lady is already well reviewed and my experience doesn't have much to add) but when I do I always send the lady a copy of my review first and post it only if she wants me to.

So welcome! and hope to see more of your posts (were they belong) :)

Hi everyone,I am wondering here how to make

something right,I guess I posted something in the wrong place,I was lioking a recco about an sp here in Fredericton and it was so awesome that I wanted to praise it and I guess I did it wrong and somehow upset her and feel so stupid that she had to admonish me about it that I feel I have to apoligize publicly for my stupidity.I am learning slo but sure and pls be patient.I sure hope other newcomers who make mistakes don't feel so bad about them as I do,again,sorry for my blunder...:([/quote

Well Now, I really do not think this is the best way to right a mistake. This type of thing is not meant to be public! Especially when Fredericton is so small, there are one of 2 ladies you could be speaking of. You have singled her out! It seems like you are trying to cry the booo's but yet making sure she feels like a mean hearted women. ( the word admonish is a bit dramatic)

The reason for removing it is simple...........I do not want recco's from someone I have not yet met. It could be seen as a shrill, could be merely bumping a thread for personal reasons. I just find it inappropriate to post on reco threads when there has not been a meeting or when the comment has nothing valid to say such as ' ya she is hot". It is not flattering to my level of dedication I give to my dates or image. It was not meant to hurt your feelings, but to protect the integrity of the reco thread.

In the future when you have any issues/questions regarding an SP actions, then PM that SP and do not bring to public. If the SP is not answering you, turn to senior member for advice or ask mod. Although I would think mod would have told you why your comment was removed to begin with??

Also I PM'd you as to the reason and encouraged you to continue to partcipate. So why then have you brought this to a public forum?? As I stated in my PM I appreciated your effort.

Best wishes to you in your new hobby. Post with care and honesty and we will all be a happy family:)

Edited by Studio 110 by Sophia

Well if I interpret your post correctly, and I like to think that I do, it seems that you posted on a recommendation thread for a certain SP. The way I understand this post is that you seem to be praising the recommendation itself and (possibly) the SP without ever having met her...am I at least semi accurate thus far? If my interpretation is correct then I can see where some of the members are coming from. Although you probably attempted to praise the writer of the reco. doing so can cause issues. Reco. threads should be left to recommendations and nothing but. A simple faux pas that can happen sometimes, the key is to not do it again now that you know.

On that note I will take a minute to caution all Cerb members that we were all "newbies" at one point and undoubtedly we made mistakes early in our Cerb lives that we would not make today. Keep this in mind when we offer our "advice" to members with a recent sign up date and/or low post counts. Having our mistakes pointed out to us is hard enough on the ego let alone the embarrassment of having them pointed out in a public forum.

Edited by stevecurious
  • Like 3

Thank You Steve Curious for your accurate reading of this,I was attempting to praise teh reco I read but I did it incorrectly,and I was attempting to apoligize and point this out to other newbies so they would not make the same mistakes as I,again Steve Curious ,thank you so much fopr pointing out the exact nature of what I wrote,I know in the future I will attempt to bemuch more careful.Have a super sunny day...:)

To Newbie: I am sure you will catch on! Everyone makes mistakes. Don't be so hard on yourself! Welcome to cerb :)

Thank You so much Miss Chase for your very kind words,after reading your reviews now I see why You are so highly praised..AGAIN,this has been a valuable learning curve for me and I will be more cautious when and where I chose to write...Thanks..:)

Yes mistakes are easy to make and in more than one way. Indeed one wants to be certain that you are posting in the correct area, but as well, and this is the voice of experience, it is always worth a second read before hitting that submit button.

It is also very true that the words that one selects, unless measured carefully, can sometimes be misinterpreted. Try to ensure that every reader will get what it is that you are trying to say. This place can be complex enough without making life difficult for yourself on top of everything else.

Welcome to CERB.

• Like 1