Your Favourite Roller Coaster Ride

It was at the CNE (Canadian National Exhibition - Toronto) when I was about 7 years old. Sometime in the early 60s. I begged my dad to take me on the roller coaster.

The name of the RC was: "The Flyer". I marveled at the swooping and screaming coming from the cars. I wanted to share the experience and thrills. I wanted it sooo bad. "Dad, Dad..can we go on the roller coaster, can we, can we???? huuhhhh?? puuulleeeeez??!!!". Typical 7 yr old crap.

"Ok, ok ok fergoodnessake", he said (or something like that). "Ok, let's go do it."

"Yay", I said to myself. "At last, I get to go on the roller coaster". It was a Woody. Probably designed and built sometime in the 30's. They just slapped a new coat of paint on it every couple of years to pass the safety inspection. Obviously, they had fewer safety restrictions back in those days - I was barely 4ft tall. But, what the hell.

So, Dad & I get into the lead car. "Oh, this is going to be sooo cool!" I think to myself. The ride starts. We get going, and start to climb the first hill. Reality starts to set-in. "Hey, waitasecond - this hill is really frigging HIGH!". And, we're still climbing. We're up, like, a million feet in the air. I can see all of Toronto from this height. But, the pleasant scenery is about to change.

We reach the top. I'm looking down from the top and the car slows down just for laughs and to build a little extra suspense. Holy crap - I can't believe they do this kind of crap to little kids!! OMFG, we're going down and we're gonna be killed - I'm gonna fly out of this thing HOLY SHHHHIIIII***! My dad is laughing his balls off all the way down just looking at the terror in my face. It was a combination of dad's laughter and my silent screams: "HOLY SHIII TT -HA HA HA HA HA, SHIIII -HA HA HA HA HA, FUUUUCCCC HH AHAHHHAAAAAA!!!" The longer I screamed, the louder my Fuc*ing dad laughed (the insensitive bastar*).

This ride was back in the days when they really gave you some of your money's worth too. More than just a couple of flings around the track.

Never been on another Roller Coaster since. I'm such a pussy.

They have some really insane rides now. Anyone a fan?

• Like 1

Without a doubt The Behemoth at Canada's Wonderland:

An honorable mention to The Incredible Hulk Coaster at Universal's Islands Of Adventure in Orlando,

I've always wanted to go on one but can't because I was born with a heart condition. If I could go on one, it would be the Mean Streak at CedarPoint Amusement Park in Sandusky Ohio.http://www.cedarpoint.com/rides/Roller-Coasters/Mean-Streak When I was there, I just stood there looking in amazement.lol.

I. LOVE. ROLLERCOASTERS. So much so that I have one tattooed down my entire left leg. Seriously.

I've been on many. I've been to Wonderland multiple times in the last 20 years. I remember going on one at Marineland when I was ten that at the time was the biggest in Canada. I've been to Six Flags in California, gone on two different ones in Las Vegas (one on the TOP of an enormous hotel), and still my favourite is the Minebuster in Toronto at Wonderland. There was a time when I was 16 that I went with a few girlfriends, and to this day I swear that my safety bar was not engaged, and I was almost falling out of my seat the whole time. I swear. I'm aware this can't be possible, because I'd be dead. But still. It happened. SO SCARY.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_roller_coaster_rankings

Love wooden roller coasters. They seem more dangerous. Le Monstre in Montreal is a favorite. Leviathan in Toronto. Even better, my old CBR1100 in the Laurentians above Quebec City. Get to the top of a hill and get air. By the time you are at the bottom you are at 220-240 kmph. Different ride though.

Cleo I would love to ride with you to see the look on your face.

I hear there are organized tours for RC enthusiasts. They charter a bus or airplane and visit a selection of rides. That ride in Vegas at the top of that hotel - creeps me out just thinking about it. Palms are getting all sweaty.:shock:....have to go lie down.

I. LOVE. ROLLERCOASTERS. So much so that I have one tattooed down my entire left leg. Seriously.

I've been on many. I've been to Wonderland multiple times in the last 20 years. I remember going on one at Marineland when I was ten that at the time was the biggest in Canada. I've been to Six Flags in California, gone on two different ones in Las Vegas (one on the TOP of an enormous hotel), and still my favourite is the Minebuster in Toronto at Wonderland. There was a time when I was 16 that I went with a few girlfriends, and to this day I swear that my safety bar was not engaged, and I was almost falling out of my seat the whole time. I swear. I'm aware this can't be possible, because I'd be dead. But still. It happened. SO SCARY.

Cleo are you talking about the Stratosphere in Las Vegas? I just looked up some POV youtube clips of those rides......NO Thank You!!......You got balls, honey. That's all I'm sayin' on that topic. I think I just lost my appetite for a week! :p

Cleo are you talking about the Stratosphere in Las Vegas? I just looked up some POV youtube clips of those rides......NO Thank You!!......You got balls, honey. That's all I'm sayin' on that topic. I think I just lost my appetite for a week! :p

I sure am talking about the Stratosphere. I also did the skyjump there two summers ago- nothing like jumping 800 feet with the Las Vegas strip in front of you!

I sure am talking about the Stratosphere. I also did the skyjump there two summers ago- nothing like jumping 800 feet with the Las Vegas strip in front of you!

Oh sweet Jesus!.....I'm not sure whether to applaud you or call the men in the white coats ;)

I've only been on the mind bender at West Edmonton Mall. There were a few moments my heart sank into my stomach.

I have a huge fear of heights. I worked at Wonderland for two summers and I didn't care to go on any of the rides. One day my friend convinced me to go on drop zone. Longest 11 seconds of my life!!!

Without a doubt The Behemoth at Canada's Wonderland:

An honorable mention to The Incredible Hulk Coaster at Universal's Islands Of Adventure in Orlando,

have to agree about The Behemoth. Nothing in Canada compares.

The first two roller coasters I ever went on were actually the two wooden coasters at wonderland about three years ago now. I can honestly say I've never been more terrified in my life. Especially sine I didn't secure my restraints tight enough and I felt like I was going to fly out of my seat the whole time down. Also all the shaking the coaster did around the track didn't help. I think I may have left some indentations in the handlebars where my hands were. After that the next coaster I went on I literally tightened the harness up to the point it was almost cutting off circulation. Loved the water slides though, especially the ones you go down on innertubes through tunnels and you have no idea which direction your facing. Didn't make it to behemoth though. Took one look at that and may have said something to the effect of screw that, just maybe not so politely ;)

Guest mys*******de
It was at the CNE (Canadian National Exhibition - Toronto) when I was about 7 years old. Sometime in the early 60s. I begged my dad to take me on the roller coaster.

The name of the RC was: "The Flyer". I marveled at the swooping and screaming coming from the cars. I wanted to share the experience and thrills. I wanted it sooo bad. "Dad, Dad..can we go on the roller coaster, can we, can we???? huuhhhh?? puuulleeeeez??!!!". Typical 7 yr old crap.

"Ok, ok ok fergoodnessake", he said (or something like that). "Ok, let's go do it."

"Yay", I said to myself. "At last, I get to go on the roller coaster". It was a Woody. Probably designed and built sometime in the 30's. They just slapped a new coat of paint on it every couple of years to pass the safety inspection. Obviously, they had fewer safety restrictions back in those days - I was barely 4ft tall. But, what the hell.

So, Dad & I get into the lead car. "Oh, this is going to be sooo cool!" I think to myself. The ride starts. We get going, and start to climb the first hill. Reality starts to set-in. "Hey, waitasecond - this hill is really frigging HIGH!". And, we're still climbing. We're up, like, a million feet in the air. I can see all of Toronto from this height. But, the pleasant scenery is about to change.

We reach the top. I'm looking down from the top and the car slows down just for laughs and to build a little extra suspense. Holy crap - I can't believe they do this kind of crap to little kids!! OMFG, we're going down and we're gonna be killed - I'm gonna fly out of this thing HOLY SHHHHIIIII***! My dad is laughing his balls off all the way down just looking at the terror in my face. It was a combination of dad's laughter and my silent screams: "HOLY SHIII TT -HA HA HA HA HA, SHIIII -HA HA HA HA HA, FUUUUCCCC HH AHAHHHAAAAAA!!!" The longer I screamed, the louder my Fuc*ing dad laughed (the insensitive bastar*).

This ride was back in the days when they really gave you some of your money's worth too. More than just a couple of flings around the track.

Never been on another Roller Coaster since. I'm such a pussy.

They have some really insane rides now. Anyone a fan?

The Cyclone at Cavendish Beach, PEI. It may not be the longest, or fastest...but you have to have huge balls to get on that antique rickety wooden death-trap. It feels like any second it will shake itself apart and you wind up like those kids on Final Destination.

Guest W***ledi*Time

... but this one really makes my stomach do flips:

rollercoaster-ride-boobs.jpg