I think there is a fair bit of wisdom in picking your battles.

Also, from my experience, a lot of people can dish it out but can't take it.

Playing nice has worked well for me.

• Like 2

There are many different scenarios in whether or not you should tell the truth or keep your mouth shut so if a friend asks if an outfit looks good on her, I will tell her the truth and usually they appreciate it. If I went to dinner at someone's house and didn't like what they served, I would be grateful for them inviting me and tell them that. I would find a way around it so their feelings wouldn't be hurt. If someone is getting on my nerves, I will tell them. Or if a kid asked me if there really is a Santa Claus, well that's a tough one.. I'm the kind of person who is polite and sensitive but if I need to speak up and tell the truth on a certain matter, I will. Even if the truth hurts.

• Like 2

It would be a cold day in hell if told you your food sucked or your outfit and wardrobe for that matter. Particularily because that is strictly my opinion !

I will call you out however on how you act , how you talk to people and how you treat people most importantly if I feel it is rude or inappropriate. Once again my opinion to a point but I feel we all have a basic common upbringing that teaches us that ! That is etiquete and common courtesy.

Truth or not an example of potential sugar coating

I get asked almost every day lately how I am feeling...I say "just fine....no worries" Everyone is happy.

I get asked very frequently how my dad is feeling .... I say " just fine... no worries" Everyone is happy.

Truth or not what good does it do to say the truth "oh not so good" and have people worry when it doesn't do any good and just causes others heartache ??

As has been stated "many things are best left unsaid" .... which is why I don't ask a lot of questions ;)

Cheers folks !!

• Like 1