It's been a while now since I have been posting,reading,advertising on this site.I have to say,finally I am starting to "get it".I never read the fine print on anything,so I make alot of mistakes,but I also handle the consequences,as I have done here..But like when in school,when you first come into the playground you look around and see all the "kids",playmates,it takes time before you realize who is friends with who ,who plays fair who cheats,so on and so on.On this site there is a vast array of personalities,some simplistic,like mine,straight forward,playful,some that are favortists,some are very intelligent,fair minded,you get my point,all in all a pretty good variety.But then, why do I get the feeling in alot of my posts there are a few that seem to want to point out my short comings,mistakes,ect.If this site is about fairness,friendliness,"only say nice things",type of place,then why?

If one doesn't care for someone or their posts then avoid them,as we all have a right to speak our minds,state our opinions,without condemnation,schooling anothers,or blasting anyone,lets just be nice.Anything I post is never directed at any particular person ,unless they are mentioned,I don't hide behind my words,and we all know by now, I say what is on my mind,without censorship,but also ,without hate ,finger pointing or blame.So like me or not,I do,and if you don't agree with my posts thats fine but please,no ganging up,pointing out my faults,I am aware of all of them,state your opinion,as I am interested in it,but don't condem mine.

• Like 1

It's been a while now since I have been posting,reading,advertising on this site.I have to say,finally I am starting to "get it".I never read the fine print on anything,so I make alot of mistakes,but I also handle the consequences,as I have done here..But like when in school,when you first come into the playground you look around and see all the "kids",playmates,it takes time before you realize who is friends with who ,who plays fair who cheats,so on and so on.On this site there is a vast array of personalities,some simplistic,like mine,straight forward,playful,some that are favortists,some are very intelligent,fair minded,you get my point,all in all a pretty good variety.But then, why do I get the feeling in alot of my posts there are a few that seem to want to point out my short comings,mistakes,ect.If this site is about fairness,friendliness,"only say nice things",type of place,then why?

If one doesn't care for someone or their posts then avoid them,as we all have a right to speak our minds,state our opinions,without condemnation,schooling anothers,or blasting anyone,lets just be nice.Anything I post is never directed at any particular person ,unless they are mentioned,I don't hide behind my words,and we all know by now, I say what is on my mind,without censorship,but also ,without hate ,finger pointing or blame.So like me or not,I do,and if you don't agree with my posts thats fine but please,no ganging up,pointing out my faults,I am aware of all of them,state your opinion,as I am interested in it,but don't condem mine.

110% agree Cristy!!! I have run into my fair share of "cyber bullies" the best thing to do in that case is really not give into the traps. If some one is bullying you, simply move on from that thread. Dont fule the fire, I suppose? Some say it shows weakness, but I think it shows maturity.

• Like 1

I agree with Sophia here. The more you try to defend yourself, the worse it get's. Sometimes it's best to just ignore comments that anger you and move on. It's always more admirable to be the bigger person. Besides, thick skin gets you through the shitty parts of life!

• Like 5

But then, why do I get the feeling in alot of my posts there are a few that seem to want to point out my short comings,mistakes,ect.If this site is about fairness,friendliness,"only say nice things",type of place,then why?

I think it is a number of factors Cristy. Probably the main one is that much of our communication is non-verbal, so we don't get the body language or facial expressions as you say what it is you have to say, so posts are so easily misunderstood if not ever so carefully worded and then there are lots that don't read or consider what they are reading and misunderstand us anyways.

Another aspect (and you touched on this) is the wide variety of people here. They all have different life experiences and opinions, that inevitably leads them to take different views on what is being said or asked.

Then there are also those that try to make themselves feel better by putting down or criticizing other people.

And finally, always an intentional trouble maker or two around.

But it's only virtual, letters on a screen, even when I am misunderstood I don't let it bother me anymore.

I always enjoy reading your posts and think you are neat! (you must be as you enjoy cleaning) :)

• Like 1

Hi there, you should always feel free to express yourself in whatever fashion you wish. This is an area where we can, and do, get feedback.

Sometimes its kind, sometimes it isn't.

Bullying does come in all forms, and you will get it on here, don't let it get to you.

As long as your not maliciously hurting anyone, your posts are a reflection of you.

Being in the same area as you, feel free to contact me if you want vent sometime.

I've been around this business a long time, been there done that, lol

No matter what you put in your posts, someone is going to comment, you can't please everyone so just please yourself.

Take care and remember I am here.

Edited by Secrets of Victoria
  • Like 1

There's a bill being discussed in Arizona which would make trolling (cyber bullying) illegal. It likely won't get passed, but the intent is laudable. Don't let it get under your skin, Cristy. Personally, I don't like forum attacks and if I do happen to do it, I try to pretend the person is standing in front of me and I attempt to admonish in a respectful manner. In your case, if I didn't agree with what you said, I'd likely say "Cristy, you've been a bad, bad, girl. Go directly to my room."

• Like 1