To all you allergy sufferers

Benadryl just isn't cutting it for me anymore. Suggestions pls...runny nose and constant crying eyes are pissing me off!

aerius is the best , and also a nasal rinse hydrasense or a neti pot. since i have been using that method i find the allergy season to dissapear.

• Like 1

Neti pots are great! if you're interested in knowing some alternative remedies.. vit C, pantothenic acid are great antihistamine vitamins.. I usually increase these as well during allergy season

The last time I went to my allergist he recommended allegra but I've heard good things about aerius too. I've had problems with benadryl too, it tends to knock me right out and not really do much for my symptoms.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

As a person who suffers alot from hayfever ,pollen and mold I have tried them all.I have discovered after a time I build up a tolerence for all of them and started changing them every couple of weeks. It seems to keep my system in balance by doing this. Nasal sprays will work such as a saline spray as well used on a regular basis.

Additional Comments:

Edited by N***he**Ont**y

Like MightyFinn said..

each year i change up to which brand i use - from claritin, reactine and allegra :P

hate those ragweed!

Guest dame*****n09*
Benadryl just isn't cutting it for me anymore. Suggestions pls...runny nose and constant crying eyes are pissing me off!

As someone who used to live on Claratin (and Reactine just to mix it up) I highly recommend the nasal rince. HydraSense is the one I use but I doubt it makes a difference. A neti pot is also in my future.

I have really bad allergies as well and they seem to be the worst in the morning just as I am getting up. My allergist prescribed me Alcon eye drops. Before I go to bed I use it and I find that my sytoms are less. I also use the kettle and Omnaris nasal spray and it works wonders.

Many people who are allergic to pollens and some molds also have or will develop oral allergy syndrome. Our bodies mistake some foods for pollens that we're allergic too and give a histamine response. The foods are usually fruits that grow on trees (including pine nuts), berries, nuts that grow on trees (i.e., not peanuts or coconuts), celery, artichokes, cucumber, carrots and tomatoes. For most people, cooking the fruits and vegetables kills the amino acids that mimic the allergens. But cooking tree nuts doesn't do this!

Oral allergy reactions are strongest during the high pollen seasons--spring and fall. During those seasons, it's a good idea to avoid eating the uncooked fruits and veggies that may be a problem, even if you don't have oral allergy yet. Avoiding them may mean that you never have to deal with oral allergy at all.

I know this stuff because I have developed a bad case of oral allergy syndrome that lasts year-round. Tree nuts are potentially lethal for me now.

I started using a nasal rinse bottle in the shower daily a couple of years ago and my allergies have all but disappeared. I occasionally get a couple of sneezes and sometimes I find my eyes dry but that is the full extent of it. I find it's not as effective if I use it over the sink, I think the steam of the shower helps the effectiveness. I felt results immediately when I started using it and I haven't had congestion of any sort either in winter or summer since the summer of '09. It took me a couple of weeks to get use to the sensations but now I don't feel "completely showered" if I don't use it daily. It's worth the small investment...

cat