Halifax Cerb Social?

Just wondering whatever became of the Cerb get together that was being tentatively planned at one point for the Halifax area. I realize that organizing something like this takes a lot of time and effort, but if someone was willing to do it, I think it would turn out fantastic! I know in some other cities, such as Toronto, socials are regular events. I think it would be nice to be able to put a face to the name of some of the other members here, mingle, network etc..it would be a lot of fun!

I have attended many of the Ottawa socials, and have met a number of the CERB members from the east at these events. If there is a Halifax social, I would definitely try to attend.

Guest **cely***r***ne

I had thrown the idea out there last year..

I didnt really get alot of response and it is a big expense to fork out if no one shows!

I would LOVE to try for it again this summer...

A discreet private location for us is key.

I would hope there would be alot of SP's and gentlemen that would come!

So everyone, what do you think?

Here are a few locations I was thinking about....

http://www.gloungehalifax.com/grafton/index.lasso

http://www.taboonightclub.ca/

Guest J******72

What an interesting idea! So, what, do we actually rent the place - is that how it works? I'm concerned with discretion from the "regular world".

And a big HELLS YA to "should SPs be there"! :) Gotta class the joint up somehow.

I don't know anyone from cerb in my everyday life, so this could be a shock. Heh.. maybe I'll run into my neighbor..!!

Guest **cely***r***ne

Yes, the organizer(s) would rent the space...and it would only make sense to charge admission to cover costs. As it would be coming out of pocket. They did this for the Ottawa social I attended ..ladies would have free admission.

Discretion is key, which is why it would be wise to rent a private space apart from the main lounge area.

The two places I provided a link for in my previous post both have this secluded area and it is appealing..but I have not been to either place...so any feedback would be appreciated.

What an interesting idea! So, what, do we actually rent the place - is that how it works? I'm concerned with discretion from the "regular world".

And a big HELLS YA to "should SPs be there"! :) Gotta class the joint up somehow.

I don't know anyone from cerb in my everyday life, so this could be a shock. Heh.. maybe I'll run into my neighbor..!!

Well I know I'm a new member on here but setting up stuff like this is right up my alley and I would love the opportunity to meet some of the great people I've been hearing about. I think the Grafton Lounge is a great idea Penelope! It has a private room for up to 40 people, which sounds about right.

If there are enough really interested in this I would be happy to take the initiative and set it up.

-Taloon

I had thrown the idea out there last year..

I didnt really get alot of response and it is a big expense to fork out if no one shows!

I would LOVE to try for it again this summer...

A discreet private location for us is key.

I would hope there would be alot of SP's and gentlemen that would come!

So everyone, what do you think?

Here are a few locations I was thinking about....

http://www.gloungehalifax.com/grafton/index.lasso

http://www.taboonightclub.ca/

These are awesome locations, Penelope!

It's a great idea. For those concerned about discretion, anybody you know there shares the same secret you do.

On the other hand, if nobody else shows up. I get to hang out with Penelope all by myself! :D

Well I know I'm a new member on here but setting up stuff like this is right up my alley and I would love the opportunity to meet some of the great people I've been hearing about. I think the Grafton Lounge is a great idea Penelope! It has a private room for up to 40 people, which sounds about right.

If there are enough really interested in this I would be happy to take the initiative and set it up.

-Taloon

Viewing Grafton Lounge and the "ABSOLUT-ly Private Dining" area, it is doable. Next week I am off and will check Grafton Lounge out, as well as TABOO NIGHT CLUB. As well as any others of similar interest.

A lot of work will have to be done, even more so to be keeping this very discrete for our lives outside of Cerbnation. We may have to give passes or stamps to Members Only.....for this to work, there may have to be a group of Cerbites organizing this gathering together. The majority of us are strangers to one another, except for the exquisite SP's, some will have to come together and form a Committee to get Cerb Halifax Party #1 on the go.

I will invest my time to scout out the establishments, get costs for booking, how much each member should put into the "pot of gold" and when we can make it happen.

But first there has to be a group of 3-5 members to pull this off. Since drlove initiated the OP, I vote for him to be one of the members.

Until more members have posted their thoughts on the Social, we will be able to put it in action and get it going. I have many ideas, but I will wait till more members put in their two cents.

Oh and because this is CERB, yes SP's MUST be there ha ha.

Till next time Cerbnation.....

BD

Hey folks,

Penelope Davis and myself are working on this. Grizzly, I'd love to have your help as well. It may take us a week or two to work out the details, but the ball is rolling. We'll keep everyone in the loop as things develop!

Way to go HRM and surrounding area CERBies. :bigclap:

Have a grand time organizing and then attending your premiere event. Enjoy!

As long as a potential date is clear for me on my schedule and gets confirmed, then I know that I would be there.

I'd also hope that if the date is far enough in the future and it is 100 % confirmed, some of our Ottawa and points west CERB friends would plan to attend. :)

That's awesome! I've had bad luck trying to coordinate my work schedule with adult entertainment socials in the past, so as long as it's on a Friday night I'll be fine! :)

I remember some years ago, I used to hobby quite a bit in Toronto. Anyway, there was a social planned for another board which was announced after I had booked my vacation dates.When I arrived in T.O., one of my favorite ladies (who was attending the social) invited me to a private party ar her place afterwards, which was strictly for board members. The bad part was that the social was scheduled for the day AFTER I left, and I was unable to change my work schedule to be able to stay an extra day. That really sucked...

As long as a potential date is clear for me on my schedule and gets confirmed, then I know that I would be there.

I'd also hope that if the date is far enough in the future and it is 100 % confirmed, some of our Ottawa and points west CERB friends would plan to attend. :)

I'd like to echo mrnice's comment. Right now I'm in NL, but will be back in Ontario :icon_frown: from the summer on. But I do have to be back in Atlantic Canada again in October, and would love to attend if the timing worked out. If not this event, perhaps a second or third get together.

Porthos

• Like 2

In response to mrnice and porthos I'm thinking that this event may take place in late May or early June. But depending on how this goes, I'd have no problem putting one together 2-3 times year. But it will depend on a few things like attendance and organization issues.

At any rate, when it happens everyone will have ample time to make plans. If anyone has any other suggestions please feel free to post on this thread or PM me.

Thought I would have a problem fixing my work shift and make sure I would get the right night off. Not a problem anymore, just received my promotion through my Company to work in the Office. A good ol'9-5 job, Monday to Friday.

Bring on the Halifax CERB Social Numero Uno!!

Man, this is the best Friday the 13th EVER!!

To cometman, on Wednesday, after work, I will be checking out Grafton Lounge to see their ways in and out of the establishment. For their "ABSOLUT-ly Private Dining Area" it is on the 2nd floor, for 40 VIP's. I will be checking out the layout and how well they provide extra security and privacy for their customers.

I too am discrete and secretive about my 2nd lifestyle and am aiming to make our event happen "under the sheets".

Congratulations on the promotion!

Whoever said Friday 13th is a bad luck day sure was wrong.

Very cool, way to go.

Thought I would have a problem fixing my work shift and make sure I would get the right night off. Not a problem anymore, just received my promotion through my Company to work in the Office. A good ol'9-5 job, Monday to Friday.

Bring on the Halifax CERB Social Numero Uno!!

Man, this is the best Friday the 13th EVER!!

To cometman, on Wednesday, after work, I will be checking out Grafton Lounge to see their ways in and out of the establishment. For their "ABSOLUT-ly Private Dining Area" it is on the 2nd floor, for 40 VIP's. I will be checking out the layout and how well they provide extra security and privacy for their customers.

I too am discrete and secretive about my 2nd lifestyle and am aiming to make our event happen "under the sheets".