Halifax Cerb Social?

Hey folks,

Gotta keep plugin' the social!

WHEN: Friday, June 22, 9pm till 2am.

WHERE: The place is a TBA location in downtown Halifax.

HOW MUCH: Admission is just $20!

WHAT: There will be door prizes, music, food, and of course the opportunity

to meet up with friends both old and new! Don't miss out!

Let's make this event one to remember and pave the way

for many more great socials in the future!

Gents: Tickets are on sale now. We are currently 30% sold!!

When the seats are gone, they are gone!!

You can pay via Paypal or email money transfer. In both cases the fee

can be sent to: [email protected]

Please put your CERB name in the notes section so I know the money

is from you. If you are not comfortable with the online payment

please PM me and we will work it out.

Ladies: Amazingly we are starting to fill up on your end much faster than we

are on the Gents end. (What's up with that guys?) Please PM me, if

you haven't already done so, and let me know that you would like to

attend.

Thanks everyone for all of the support.

Let's sell this sucker out!!:ThankYou:

Lol....that's a hoot!!! 5 guys, 20 ladies? I think that's called Utopia. For those on the fence........lean over and fall. Amazing company in a relaxed setting. You wanted it, you asked for it, it's here. It's your chance to meet people you've always been curious about in a neutral and social setting. Don't castigate yourselves later.

Ladies and Gentlemen of CERB,

It is with great disappointment that I must announce the cancelation of the Halifax CERB social.

I have been informed that because I am a new member and have not hobbied for the past two years (due to financial issues), that the ladies of this website will not endorse the social as run by me. In response, I offered to step down and give over the organization to someone else. This offer was turned down.

I am not laying fault at anyone's doorstep. In fact I believe that this is simply a situation where too many people have too much to risk to get properly involved/dedicated. I have done everything in my power, from meeting people in person to addressing any concerns people have online, and it is time for me to admit defeat.

To all of the gentlemen who have already sent me your social fee, please PM me as to how you would like to go about receiving your full-refund.

Finally, I would like to thank everyone who gave me advice, suggestions, offered to help, and cheered me on. I sincerely hope that someone can pull something like this together someday. Many of you deserve it.

Sorry to hear of your decision. I suspect that there won't be a social any time soon if members couldn't give you the trust and respect for all the hard work you did on this project. If done properly I think it's relatively low risk and maybe it would be a good idea to have a followup discussion about what was perceived as a risk.

As for my money, it is a relatively small amount so have a pint on me or give it to a charity, your choice.

Good luck.

• Like 1

This is sad... I hate to see someone work so hard and go to so much trouble to organize something, only to see it cancelled.