Trouble Accessing Cerb

I'm on a public computer (internet cafe) downtown, and I am having a heck of time accessing Cerb properly. It wouldn't let me login, then I had to reset my password, and now whenever I try to access my PMs (to ask Mod if he knows what's going on) I get booted.

I'm thinking maybe this IP address has been flagged? Anyone have any ideas?

I tried to use my tablet at MacDonalds several weeks ago, and the public WiFi connection they offer was filtered and wouldn't let me access CERB. I'm not sure if it was their company policy or something that Bell was was instituting for them.

I'm on a public computer (internet cafe) downtown, and I am having a heck of time accessing Cerb properly. It wouldn't let me login, then I had to reset my password, and now whenever I try to access my PMs (to ask Mod if he knows what's going on) I get booted.

I'm thinking maybe this IP address has been flagged? Anyone have any ideas?

It's possible that someone else used that computer to access CERB and when two accounts are used from the same computer it is detected but just as likely the computer is acting strange because it is the "typhoid Mary" of computer virus infections.

I would recommend against using a computer in an internet cafe to access CERB (or anything that requires a password you don't want compromised) as many of these places have keystroke loggers installed (not necessarily by the owners).

Your CERB login and password may already be in hands of someone in Czechoslovakia.

Go somewhere safe and change your password again to something entirely different while you still can.

And open Wifi like at McDonalds? Nope, don't do it! We can see that MD5 password fly by, pull it right out of the air and it's trivial to turn it back into plain text.

I sometimes hit the internet cafe on my way to my incall if I need to print stuff out. It would seem that I am not able to properly access Cerb, and I have switched computers several times, and keep getting booted after a couple minutes.

Thanks for the insight, guys! I'll stick to Cerb surfing on my mobile!

Posted via Mobile Device

Guest S*rca****sid

If you have to use a public wi-fi, it's best to have your own VPN (Virtual Private Network) set up so that when you're away on holidays or business you can use them. Plus it's a handy way to access your home files when you're away.

I'm having the same problems at the hotel I'm staying in, I've asked mod and waiting on a reply... it must have something to do with it being an unsecured network. or its possible the site has been blocked somehow.. idk. i just open a new browser and it works for a short peroid. good luck!

i just open a new browser and it works for a short peroid. good luck!

But then often hotel networks "work for a short period" (if at all) anyways. If you can access it at all then likely nothing is blocked. Sounds more like the hotel network is ill (which is all too often the case) unless everything else but CERB is rock solid dependable.

it seems to be working fine now (knock on wood!!) it was just funny how cerb seemed to be the only thing not working. and it didnt matter if i was on wireless or the plug in... beats me must have just been a kink lol

I ran into this last summer trying to access CERB on a laptop over a campground Wi-Fi. But I had no problem getting here using Amazon's Whispernet on my Kindle. Through trial and error I worked out that the campground was running a "family friendly" Wi-Fi. Since I've known the camp owner's for some 20 years I did not discuss this with them. We all like to keep our secrets!

Cerb is blocked on many public wifi hotspots. Use your own cell based Internet connection during those times.