Things I should see/do in Ottawa this summer...

Guest S****r

If you like blues and dancing, I'd recommend the Rainbow in the market. It has a great reputation for both. Good place, since you are in the downtown core. Heart and Crown is also good for live music on Fri and Sat nights. and dancing. And there is always Lone Star over near the St. Laurent mall. They have the best dance floor, and a variety of bands who come to play every Fri and Sat nights. Check out the websites for all these places and see. And you just might see me on the dance floor if you go to the right place!

Enjoy!!

Here's a few common sites and some off the beaten path ideas:

the haunted walk at night is kinda fun.

If you like Kayaking or Canoeing the club at Hogs back falls is good.

Whitewater adventures (I think that's the name) if you're down with that kind of excitement.

The Imax at the museum of Civ is the biggest in Canada, maybe North America still...if something good is playing

If you've got a rental car then upper Canada village is a fun site (specially if you're a history buff)

There's a variety of fairly big Flea Markets on Sundays...not bad if you like that kinda thing.

There's a thousand little forested parks with trails that very few people know about and never get advertised to tourists for some odd reason.

Elgin Street bars at night if you're 30+, market bars if you're 19-29...that's a loose range.

If you Golf we have an insane amount of Golf courses...like seriously...it's weird.

Hot Air ballon ride over the city...fairly cheap and if you have a special someone they'll take you up with an iced bottle of champagne.

I'm tapped for now...

If you've got a rental car then upper Canada village is a fun site (specially if you're a history buff)

There's a variety of fairly big Flea Markets on Sundays...not bad if you like that kinda thing.

I used to go to the Flea Market every Sunday with my mother when I was a child. We used to go to a chip wagon afterward and fight over the crunchy bits at the bottom of the bag. I should definitely look into this, if only for memories sake!

I've never been to Upper Canada Village. I'll go check it out! Thanks for your suggestions Davrem!

Buesfest is a must! If you want to have some fun go white wter rafting in Beachburg and then hit Wes' Chips in Arnprior on the way home!

If you need a guide....I would be willing to show you around the Valley!