Is it the water?

I'm in Ottawa, but Travel sometimes for work or pleasure. I've been posting on the odd board here and there and checking recos and I came to a realization. Ottawa is a hotbed of hobby goodness.

I'm positive that we are per capita the most active city. I wonder why?

1. Good employment rate? People have money to spend

2. The conservative overtones of the city leads to a sexually charged population?

3. Politicians? They have a rep for it, maybe it's true.

What do you think?

Good article, you make your point Mac. But do you really think it's just the money?

I've got to think there's something more to it than that. We have a massive swinger community here and that's free to join. I think income is part of the story...

There's definitely more than just the extra cash in pockets. I think Ottawa has a lot of beautiful and hot ladies.

Yes, i agree that we are very lucky in this city...

In public, sex is kind of repressed and deep down inside, the men are horny motherfuckers dying to make out with the hot ladies in this city!

There are a lot of men that travel here for work, not just the wealthy MPs, but reporters, government bureaucrats, businessmen, and travellers!

Because of all of the consumers of sexual services, us guys are blessed with the hottest sexy service providers! I have not been consuming lately... Think that I am going to have to get me some!

Might be the money..but if that's the only factor you would think a town like Calgary would KILL us?

If i reflect on my immediate circle...there are a lot of men who are here for business and are separated from their families. Work has transferred them here to this great city and for various reasons (stability w/kids..etc) the family is back home.

I know that within my immediate surroundings, many guys working here and separated from family.

As well, we have many SP's from Quebec...a much more tolerant society for this type of profession. As we are only separated by a river..we cant help but have this more educated/mature attitude so perhaps (don't know?) the way we collectively treat our SP's makes it an easier place to work???

Guest N***he**Ont**y

The Stats in this article are two years behind. It would be interesting to see what the current ones are!

Guest **oo**e
The Stats in this article are two years behind. It would be interesting to see what the current ones are!

Actually only 18 months. It's based on tax filings so it is the most recent information available. It obviously has not changed much. Ottawa is Canada's wealthiest city.

I think that it's mostly because that Ottawa is relatively recession-proof (Government HQ)

I think that it's mostly because that Ottawa is relatively recession-proof (Government HQ)

A great deal of that changed in the last couple of months.

The Fed shed quite a chunk of its workforce and placed another group under a wait-n-see-if-you-a-job-in-2-years holding pattern. RIM took a hit, Nortel hasn't recovered and there aren't new start-ups absorbing the workforce.

• Like 1

The Fed shed quite a chunk of its workforce and placed another group under a wait-n-see-if-you-a-job-in-2-years holding pattern. RIM took a hit, Nortel hasn't recovered and there aren't new start-ups absorbing the workforce.

Although I don't live in Ottawa, I work for the federal public service, in a government department once thought untouchable...and even we are seeing people getting notices.

CERB does give the impression of Ottawa being focal to this lifestyle compared to other cities...but that is because, IMHO, there are probably more active CERBite's (speaking boardwise that is) from Ottawa than elsewhere

I do agree many beautiful ladies from Ottawa, but I have travelled back home from many encounters with a smile on my face and a fond memory from Toronto, Kingston and yes, Ottawa

A rambling for whatever it's worth

RG

Indeed, I guess I could have said that Ottawa is relatively less cyclical, Federal Government-wise.