Favourite Olympic sport?

Guest Fis**********t**th

His brother, Ding Dong, was outstanding in the pole vault too. LOL

How about that Dong Dong of China taking gold in mens' trampoline? It must have been a stand-up performance. Good thing he didn't go limp.

Guest Fis**********t**th

Considering the Canadian Women's Soccer team is FIFA rated as 14th and have never beaten the US team in something like 20 games, our girls were nothing less than stellar in their performance and their behavior. Christine Sinclair was dissed by the American goal tender, Hope Solo, who said Sinclair wasn't all that great a player yet she scored on Solo three times in the same game. It doesn't say much for Solo if that's the case. I saw the entire game and the Americans had the advantage of the ref being in their favour with at least three bad calls. Our girls got hosed and they sucked it up and won a bronze against France who played very well. FIFA had no business saying publicly they were going to investigate and discipline the Canadian girls for their criticism of the officiating. If officials are going to be biased and make bad calls then they deserve the criticism. It's called fair criticism and freedom of speech. FIFA can go to hell in a handcart as far as I'm concerned as it is politically corrupt and shouldn't even be involved in the IOC and Olympic football/soccer events. The US Women's team needs to learn some class as well. So endeth my rant! LOL I agree with you Luckyme completely.

I tend to agree with you - so many sports to watch and enjoy. And I agree especially regarding the Canadian women's soccer team - they have gained my full respect and contrary, I could not say the same about the American team.

Guest Fis**********t**th

Correction: Ding Dong should have been "Long Dong"...I'm just being a ding dong in all this. LOL

How about that Dong Dong of China taking gold in mens' trampoline? It must have been a stand-up performance. Good thing he didn't go limp.

To be fair, the rampant corruption at FIFA is more to do with money and the awarding of lucrative tournaments than the outcome of any particular game.

As for the Canada vs US controversies... well, I haven't seen the game, so I can't comment on the specifics of it. However, two very general points:

1. The referee is always right, even when he (or she) is clearly wrong.

2. One of the inevitable hazards of supporting a team, in any sport, is that sooner or later, your team will lose because of a horrible decision (or six) by the officials.

Guest Fis**********t**th
To be fair, the rampant corruption at FIFA is more to do with money and the awarding of lucrative tournaments than the outcome of any particular game.

As for the Canada vs US controversies... well, I haven't seen the game, so I can't comment on the specifics of it. However, two very general points:

2. One of the inevitable hazards of supporting a team, in any sport, is that sooner or later, your team will lose because of a horrible decision (or six) by the officials.

I agree but I don't have to like it. I saw the game twice and I've played soccer and I've been an official for many sporting events. I know biased officiating when I see it. If there's smoke there's fire. Google FIFA and corruption. FIFA is a mess and I'll leave it at that.

quote]

Regarding the referee in question, I have read that she has been sent away and would not be called on to officiate the semi and final games. Whether this is a reprimand or a harsh enough one remains to be debatable.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I hear syncronized Beer Drinking is popular in the pubs over there!

Guest Fis**********t**th

I'm already looking forward to the next summer Olympics and hopefully this young Australian hurdler, Michelle Jenneke, will be there...love her pre-race routine at the juniors in Barcelona.

I really like the women's soccer (not the men because countries cant send their A-teams), the BMX cycling, the heptathlon & decathelon, and the swimming.