U.S. Dollars and other foreign currency

With today being a bank holiday, it got me curious. Do any MAs or spas/agencies take American dollars?

I have some American dollars and I would lose a couple of percentage points converting to Canadian dollars and for an MA to buy American dollars it would cost a few extra percentage points.

If any MAs out there shop in the USA, this would keep more money in our pockets and less in the banks.

Guest *ig*a**

Can't see why anyone would not accept US currency.

Posted via Mobile Device

The ladies I know who accept US currency, would request you add the difference to make up for the loss as not all of us go to the States and it's not fair to ask us them to take the hit on conversion. Unless I knew you already, I would not accept it. I would ask you to convert it first.

In the past few years there have been and more incidences of ladies being passed counterfeit money, so if someone declines, don't take offence. Just do the right thing and go and convert it into Canadian.

As a rule of thumb, it is always best to ask ahead of time. Personally, as someone who visits the US quite frequently, I'm happy to take American currency :)

I accept it because I handle it often, but for someone who does not, it could be hard for them to know how to spot the fakes. Always ask before arrival, in any case. Even tho you might lost a few points taking it back to the bank, I would give this piece of advice too. If the exchange rate is in our favour or not, I don't accept US at par. If we are even or even getting a little less Cdn back, I would expect to get more US than Cdn. If my rate for something were 120, and the bank rate is pretty much even, I would accept 125-130 US to be equivalent. I would not accept 120 US alone.

But that's just because I am usually up on the rates, and the diff between buy and sell, and might be able to use it if I don't convert it. Sometimes I have no US trips, and would have to convert it and the bank rate swings against me, meaning when I take it in that 125 becomes 119 lol

• Like 1

Guest s**nflute
I accept it because I handle it often, but for someone who does not, it could be hard for them to know how to spot the fakes. Always ask before arrival, in any case. Even tho you might lost a few points taking it back to the bank, I would give this piece of advice too. If the exchange rate is in our favour or not, I don't accept US at par. If we are even or even getting a little less Cdn back, I would expect to get more US than Cdn. If my rate for something were 120, and the bank rate is pretty much even, I would accept 125-130 US to be equivalent. I would not accept 120 US alone.

But that's just because I am usually up on the rates, and the diff between buy and sell, and might be able to use it if I don't convert it. Sometimes I have no US trips, and would have to convert it and the bank rate swings against me, meaning when I take it in that 125 becomes 119 lol

I feel your pain...as of today currency wholesalers such Accu-Rate sells $100 US$ at $1.0275. They will buy your $100.00 US for $100.66 per hundred. Banks will charge you an arm and a leg to exchange. Therefore you are receiving .066 cents MORE per hundred.

IMHO as of todays market, take it at par.

You need to keep track of currency these days.

Now if you were accepting Euro's that's another kettle of fish. The Euro trades at approx 1.32 CAD. with Accu-Rate. Their is also Calforex at the Rideau Centre, give them a call.