What makes life sweet?

After an afternoon of reading on the sunporch, enjoying the gentle warm breezes, we got a bit of a rain shower. It wasn't enough to cool things down; just to make them steamy.

So we went in the pool for an hour or so! We have these little chairs fashioned from foam noodes and netting that keep us submerged just to the neck for floating and lounging.

Next is dinner. Not sure what we're having, but it will include homemade french fries with homemade ketchup. And probably a salad from our garden. With maybe meatballs? Maybe shrimp cocktail?

Life is sweet! What makes yours so?

• Like 2

Getting a rendevous all finalized today for next week with a very hot courtesan. Made my day :-) Oh the agony of the wait. lol.

Getting into the St. Lawrence River for a swim. Just being able to float with waves enjoying the clear blue sky. And than after a good swim I love to just sit in the park and enjoy the sights and the sounds down by the river. Wish it was summer all year round :)

Crossing the Rockies at 18000 feet with autopilot on on a cloudless day with Vivaldi's Four Seasons playing on playing on the noise canceling headset and air traffic control keeping transmissions to a minimum.

• Like 1

For me lately too.. it's floating in my kiddy pool on a hot day. I love the sunshine!

I think we got our chairs at Canadian Tire or Giant Tiger. They're just netting, not a whole chair. Works with any foam noodle. Just perfect for soaking!

I think your little pool is perfect! We had an inground 36'X16' at our last place (the one you did the sexy video in!) and it was nothing but a pain in the butt. Here we just have a little 14' diameter above ground and it's much easier to maintain. Small enough not to require heat. But still, we could go smaller and still get just as much use, with a lot less hassle.

oh great! I thought you hand made them. I'll look tomorrow. Once I floated happily in a lifejacket worn as a diaper.. was a hoot

• Like 1

Sitting, relaxing and chatting with a good friend on Canada Day. Enjoying the market and all the buzz about. It is a fun day, and Canada's Day.... just another 361 days to go until next year.

An afternoon watching a live ball game! There is nothing more enjoyable, at least to me, than sitting in the stands on a hot summers day watching a live game. If anyone is even remotely interested in baseball do yourself a favor and see a game at either Fenway Park (Boston), Wrigley Field (Chicago), Camden Yards (Baltimore) or Yankee Stadium (New York)...next on my hit list Kauffman Stadium (Kansas City).

• Like 2

Being by the Lake,with a new book I just discover and a cool glass of wine. with a little breeze, there is no mosquitos.

Knowing that in about 6 weeks, I get to see an amazing woman that make my heart beat fast...London is so far away...it's bittersweet....

• Like 1

I just had the best pizza I've ever eaten... I cooked it myself including garden fresh basil, oregano, and chives, topped with sausage, musrooms, antchovies, and garden fresh yellow zuchinis..... and enjoyed it with a fine bottle of Cabernet Merlot from Reif estates and I'm right now in heaven.

I just had the best pizza I've ever eaten... I cooked it myself including garden fresh basil, oregano, and chives, topped with sausage, musrooms, antchovies, and garden fresh yellow zuchinis..... and enjoyed it with a fine bottle of Cabernet Merlot from Reif estates and I'm right now in heaven.

Okay, I have to ask about the crust....

What did you do?

We heard online that making up the dough a few days or a week before make the crust a bit better, and we've found it to be so. Still, something is just not right.

What's your secret??

I picked up 2 packs of pizza dough at Loblaws superstore -- I haven't tried that brand of dough before, but it was very good.

Making the dough is one thing that I gave up on a few years ago. I found it too hit and miss and made pizza just a bit too much work.

I picked up 2 packs of pizza dough at Loblaws superstore -- I haven't tried that brand of dough before, but it was very good.

Making the dough is one thing that I gave up on a few years ago. I found it too hit and miss and made pizza just a bit too much work.

That's cool. But we found just making up the dough and leaving it to mature in the fridge for a few days worked well for us.

Additional Comments:

Also, never roll the dough out. Stretch it. There's a "window pane" thing where when you stretch it one way, and then the other, it seems like a pane rather than breakng.

I alternate between stretching in the air and rolling it out, I find that works well.

No time to make my own dough, but the dough at the superstore was really good.

Today, I'm celebrating my birthday... though the actual date is not today, but close enough.

I bought a new set of wheels. Its shiny, its red, but its a minivan. Apparently, thats not the proper mid life new vehicle, but It did come with satelite radio.

Andl, it was nice to pick it up today.

I also spent an hour with a lovely young lady.

So its been a nice day.

Edited by nntsci