Sending an email to my mailing list HELP

I have recently got my website up and running ( in the beginning stages lol ) and I was going to send out a response to all those who signed up.

What I am wondering is there any way I can send the message to all people at the same time without them being aware of the other recipients on the list? I want to respect the contact privacy of the people who have included themselves

Thanks for your help!

Most email services will provide a bcc option, the b standing for blind...so you can send the message TO yourself and bcc all the gents...

Best,

toine

I have recently got my website up and running ( in the beginning stages lol ) and I was going to send out a response to all those who signed up.

What I am wondering is there any way I can send the message to all people at the same time without them being aware of the other recipients on the list? I want to respect the contact privacy of the people who have included themselves

Thanks for your help!

Is your email set up something like this when you send an email

TO:

CC:

BCC:

If so, the BCC, is the one to use, it stands for Blind Carbon Copy, and everyone receiving an email will see that the email is from you, and the receivers show up as Undisclosed Recipients. No one knows who is on your mailing list

RG

I see Toine beat me to the punch, but yes, use BCC

Thank you so much for your response gentlemen I truly feel like I am having an idiot moment as I just realised what the B stood for... please forgive my dumbness lol

Don't feel dumb. It's a feature many people never use, and often will use email for years before even realizing they could. (And typically need to ask how to do it.) If you want to test it out, I can give you 2 emails to use, but toine's explanation is pretty clear. Just send TO you and BCC the subscribers.

Thank you so much for your response gentlemen I truly feel like I am having an idiot moment as I just realised what the B stood for... please forgive my dumbness lol

Phantom said it well, most of us do not know many software features because they aren't relevant to us. Once they become relevant and we get to know about them, all is fine. Now, asking over and over again how to do one thing, that's being dumb...

best,

toine

Miss Aubrey,

Do not feel dumb! You had the good sense to ask! Back in the day before CERB I sent a Valentines invitation to my guests and put all the addresses in the To: field. Needless to say I got my ass handed to me on the other board and the emails I got were positively hateful! I cried for days. The dumb thing is not to ask, there is no such thing as a stupid question...

cat

Echoing what Toine and Cat said. No such thing as a dumb question. And on CERB, all questions are welcomed, someone certainly will have an answer for you...there is a wealth of knowledge about all things here

RG

Three things to say on this.

First up, if you're going to BCC everyone by hand... really, --really-- don't screw this up and put everyone in the To: or CC: field by accident. I'm sure Cat isn't the only one of us who's done this - all of us have done similar things at one time or another (if nothing else, hitting reply-all when we only wanted to reply to one person, which is a similarly embarrassing beast)

Secondly, as with any mailing list: make sure it's easy for people to --unsubscribe-- too. If there's one thing I hate, its spammy mails that don't have an easy way to stop them coming.

Finally, there are paid-for mailing-list services that exist to handle all this sort of stuff for you - I can think of at least one lady here that does this. It's something that your web-hosting company might well provide. It'll cost $$$, but probably not that much and it'll save you headaches.

Guest jrose

Heres a suggestion when getting an email ready to send that has saved me a bunch of times. When you start putting the email together put "REVIEWTHEEMAILAGAIN" in the "CC" field. Unless you have someone named that on your contact list when you hit send it will say "Address Not found"

Think of it as a second chance to re read and make a check before sending out something...