Any Metalheads in the vicinity?

Guest SweptbackFlame

Just curious if there are any metalheads on Cerb?

If so, what genre/bands do you guys listen too?

I pretty much listen to anything from Death Metal to Power Metal

Just to name a few bands here:

Arch Enemy, Blind Guardian, Machine Head, Iced Earth, Wintersun, Ensiferum.

It's just so vast and huge so much to discover! Just like SP's ;) haha

ya, there are some on here, can't remember who though, sorry...not me, more punk/alternative myself and some metal...like Metallica and such.

check out the song threads might get an idea from there.

Yes, there are... although sadly aging, in my case! Alas, I'm far too old for the mosh-pit these days, and I've been woefully lax on the discovery of new bands in the last few years. Much of my taste derives from the periods of the 80s and 90s when I was... younger.

Much like Phaedrus my choice of metal bands pale in comparison to todays bands as my faves are from the 80's and 90's as well.

Guest p**h*x

Metal is my choice of music and I love all kinds from every generation and all variations. Although I hate the internet arguments on forums and youtube comments on what is "real metal". It's so varied and interesting in all it's forms. I think it's the over the top theatricality of metal that I enjoy most.

Black Sabbath, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Rammstein, Slipknot, Arch Enemy, Cannibal Corpse... I could go on forever.

Anyone going to the Heavy TO/MTL festival this summer? If so, I'm jealous.

Guest SweptbackFlame
Metal is my choice of music and I love all kinds from every generation and all variations. Although I hate the internet arguments on forums and youtube comments on what is "real metal". It's so varied and interesting in all it's forms. I think it's the over the top theatricality of metal that I enjoy most.

Black Sabbath, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Rammstein, Slipknot, Arch Enemy, Cannibal Corpse... I could go on forever.

Anyone going to the Heavy TO/MTL festival this summer? If so, I'm jealous.

Man I have been wanting to go to that for a couple years now, would kick some major ass.

My biggest dream on the other hand is going to Wacken all the way in Germany, 2 or 3 days of Metal \m/

aswell as the 70,000 Tons of Metal Cruise.

But it's nice to see some of the people sticking to old school metal, Those were good days and to this day those bands hold a ton of influence.

some people say that KISS is heavy metal, i say its rock n roll!!

...and Paul Stanley would agree with you. They played Bluesfest a couple of years ago; I remember PS telling the kids who were trying to start a mosh-pit exactly what he thought of them...