another antlerman point to ponder

you look at the stats for this board.

15,961 members ....wow....

2,649 active........double wow.....

I did a fun look at the members list.........................silly how many people register......drop out....set up obvious multiple names......

just one of those silly things that bugs this guys head.......I guess I need to have my antlers trimmed soon....

Isn't this a board where you have to be registered to view many (or all) threads? If so, then I don't see the numbers as being that out-of-whack. On other boards (mostly non-adult) that allow guests to browse, it's not uncommon to have a lot more guests than registered members.

..c..

No, guests can view threads here. If you lock it out to the public the search engines can not index the threads. Guests can not use such things as the "Search feature" or post replied or PM... (or use the chat room <- this encourages a lot of guests to register). We get LOTS of guests. Right now it's not a busy time of the day and we have 160 registered users are currently on the site and 223 guests. At times we can have 5 or 6 hundred guests viewing threads.

I like the idea that guests are very restricted to what they can see and do in here. There were previously multiple probelms with guests in chat. We appreciate the fact you rectified that situation in chat mod.

No, guests can view threads here. If you lock it out to the public the search engines can not index the threads. Guests can not use such things as the "Search feature" or post replied or PM... (or use the chat room <- this encourages a lot of guests to register). We get LOTS of guests. Right now it's not a busy time of the day and we have 160 registered users are currently on the site and 223 guests. At times we can have 5 or 6 hundred guests viewing threads.

It is unfortunate that I had to restrict the chat room to just registered members but too many trouble makers were causing problems. I agree it is a lot better now without the guest option.

I agree with YoungStud, we appreciate your effort to fix that problem. As I say it was getting out of hand in there for a while.

you look at the stats for this board.

15,961 members ....wow....

2,649 active........double wow.....

I did a fun look at the members list.........................silly how many people register......drop out....set up obvious multiple names......

just one of those silly things that bugs this guys head.......I guess I need to have my antlers trimmed soon....

With those statistics prevailing -- Its just another demonstration that Cerb is growing. No surprise considering the wealth of information that its members have contributed and shared in meaningful discussions concerning the industry.

I'll venture to say that a lot of guests never register and never participate actively. Some eventually do and once they do, usually indicate they were lurkers for a while but just could not stay away from CERB.

I'll also say that there's likely a lot of guests that benefit from the recommendations here but don't really give back to the community. I'm not calling anyone out, just stating an opinion. I guess it is the ladies who really benefit by way of the additional business. That's why we write recommendations right, win win for everyone.

I guess not everyone is 'comfortable' with having a presence on an anonymous communication forum. Can't really fault anyone for that.

Everyone should have to login after the initial splash screen http://www.cerb.ca/ to read anything on CERB.

The site is of a very mature nature.

It is an anonymous board (Nobody is going to put their real name for a user name) and the people that just want to browse the site could still do so after they logged in. They could still lurk, get comfortable with the site and eventually participate if they chose to.

It is an anonymous board (Nobody is going to put their real name for a user name)

hmm.....i've been doing it wrong!

*head to desk*

I laugh when I see a member who has been on the board for 4 yrs & then finally makes their first post....asking for information! :razz:

i laugh when i see a member who has been on the board for 4 yrs & then finally makes their first post....asking for information! :razz:

bingo!

I have no problem pointing people in the right/wrong direction.....but come on....if you have the balls to register....and you are looking...then post a gfew questions....ask for some help.....Knowlage is a great thing....