Hi All,

I'm planning a vacation soon, probably to somewhere nice and hot, where I can sit on a beach and drink Rum and Cokes and enjoy the view!

I can't decide between Bahamas or Costa Rica....

On that note, I was wondering, what are some of your favorite places to visit on vacation? Your secret vacation spots? :)

KCCO,

PK

Guest jake_cdn

I recommend Greece if you are not set on the south. The Greek islands are absolutely amazing and even though you have probably seen pictures the water is even more of an amazing blue than you can imagine.

I have been to both Bahamas and Costa Rica. Both are fabulous. Bahamas people have to be the friendliest people in the Caribbean. The island is a little expensive though. Costa Rica is just beautiful. I will also recommend the island of Curacao. It has everything - resorts, great beaches, a modern city, and the largest legal brothel you will ever see. If you go, you have to visit Campo Alegre. Some of the best value for money you will ever find.

Hawaii is a good vacation spot. The temperature is great pretty much all year round. I also agree with zooman that Curacao has a lot going for it.

I love Hawaii! I've been to Maui a few times, and it's always beautiful, sunny, warm and relaxing. The people are so friendly, and the fresh pineapple and coconut is incredible! (And make for excellent pina coladas :) ).

Guest *ig*a**

Let me see San Juan is great nice and hot also Antigua has over 365 named beaches and all beautiful also if you want nice you must go to St Maarten very beautiful lets see also there's St Lucia another great spot. Grand Caymen is also wonderful especially 7 mile beach. Thats just to name a few.

Posted via Mobile Device

I do a ton of diving so i,ve done bahamas lots and Costa rica a few times as well as almost every island throughout the caribbean the bvi,s and southeast asia it really depends on what you want out of your vacation that will determine the best destination ! what are you actually looking for ? or is it price ? the world has a ton of beautiful places to sit and drink double dark and dirties-turks an caico,s awesome as well but as expensive or more than the bahama,s,

Edited by renegade
addition

Guest *l**e

Between your two choices, I would pick Costa Rica...amazing place. I have to agree with the previous post about Curacao, however. The greatest place I have ever been!!!

Well I'm totally biased because I live there part of the year, but the way that happened was looking for somewhere to vacation that was nice and warm.

I did an exhaustive study many years ago of every place in the Caribbean (considering many factors), and I have to say that Curacao is becoming quite popular and was a hidden gem until recently but my search criteria involved inexpensive flights directly from Canada on a regular basis coupled with all inclusive resorts and real value for your money so after much deliberation and consideration I've never regretted the Dominican Republic. I wasn't only looking for a place to vacation often but also eventually live after retirement.

Mexico was ruled out for safety reasons (safe areas are very busy) and Cuba didn't seem like a place I would every want to live (or easily could), maybe just visit.

So then one has to choose (given the available flights) between Punta Cana and Puerto Plata and that was pretty easy as Punta Cana has beautiful resorts (great if you want to relax and swim) but not much else so I chose Puerto Plata.

I find that many Canadians go to Cuba, Mexico or the Dominican Republic and then will return to wherever it is in the Caribbean they first went again and again as climate and weather wise it's all pretty much the same.