I am curious about this member status designation. The reason I ask is that I've seen three members with this designation posting on active threads. From this I would assume that they can lurk and post. I understand new members must have five posts before they are approved., and this wasn't the case here. I guess the big question is can they send and RECEIVE PM's , and if so why are they designated as inactive.

I asked this very question in another section. I didn't really understand the explanation and gave up because I didn't want to look dumb :)

I was told it was because the user did not click on the 'activation link'. However in the case I was asking about the user was active and posting then a couple days later the account appeared inactive and the users name had a bunch of ---- in their name.

I don't know if you can inactivate your account personally or if it is something the mod does for you.

This happened again to an Elite Member so it has nothing to do with a user activating their account. Sometimes when the account is not active there username is scrambled like Y----rH----ixx and in the latest account it was not done.

This must be something requested by the user. I was quite surprised about this latest member.

This happened again to an Elite Member so it has nothing to do with a user activating their account. Sometimes when the account is not active there username is scrambled like Y----rH----ixx and in the latest account it was not done.

This must be something requested by the user. I was quite surprised about this latest member.

This is taken from the "How to close your account" area of the FAQ section. The last paragraph should provide you some clarification.

You must PM the MOD in order to close your account from cerb.

You can not actually delete an account completely (Unless you have ZERO posts) so you need to manually remove all your photo albums, avatar, signature and information from your UserCP area than request the account be closed. if you have never made any posts we can delete the account. When we close your account your posts stay in the threads along with your username unless you ask us to alter your username, Under your username it will say "No longer a member" once your account is closed.

If you request to the mod that we alter your username when closing the account in a way that it is still recognizable to existing members that can be done. For instance if you name was JohnJack200 we could change it to J------J------200 (or something like that - the mod will choose how this is displayed).

This is taken from the "How to close your account" area of the FAQ section. The last paragraph should provide you some clarification.

You must PM the MOD in order to close your account from cerb.

You can not actually delete an account completely (Unless you have ZERO posts) so you need to manually remove all your photo albums, avatar, signature and information from your UserCP area than request the account be closed. if you have never made any posts we can delete the account. When we close your account your posts stay in the threads along with your username unless you ask us to alter your username, Under your username it will say "No longer a member" once your account is closed.

If you request to the mod that we alter your username when closing the account in a way that it is still recognizable to existing members that can be done. For instance if you name was JohnJack200 we could change it to J------J------200 (or something like that - the mod will choose how this is displayed).

Thanks Steve. I don't want to be annoying, but the status does not say "No longer a member" it says, "ACCOUNT NOT ACTIVE". The user can still receive PM's looking at their profile.

Maybe I'm spitting hairs it just doesn't seem like the account is closed.

Anyways I wasn't close friends with the user in question but I did like her and had some friendly convo's with her, I hope everything is well with her.