When you are having aches and pains do you find any relief from accupuncture, therapeutic massage, naturopathy. Do you feel naturopathic medicine is better than western medicine.

Edited by cr**tyc***es
spelling

I would not use the word better, as in some cases you simply do need the conventional medicine. However, Relflexology and many other holistic arts; is effective, preventive and complimentary to all forms of medicine and treatments.

Our bodies have it own self healing kit built into us. Some of us can access these natural occurring endorphins, pain killers and anti-inflammatory. By using holistic methods, we can kick start these natural pain killers. For people who suffer with chronic pain, it may take extra effort in access these, but can still be done with repetive treatments.

Adrenal overload is a problem that 80% of population suffers from and do not even acknowledge it. This is the Fight or flight chemical our bodies send out in a crisis. This why stress has become the culprit to almost all diseases in our society. With the adrenal glads overtaxed, and for such a longtime, we see a rise in Fibromialgia, high blood pressure, depression, just a slu of issues will arise from this.

That being said, then the most preventive form of therapy is one that induces total body relaxation! This will help turn off the Flight and flight responds to a Rest and Repair mode:) Lower stress means healthier bodies!

Edited by Studio 110 by Sophia
  • Like 2

Tylenol's hard on the liver. NSAIDs will burn out your stomach.

Opiates run the risk of acquiring a serious life-long addiction.

Masking the pain, which tylenol and OxyNeo and such will do,

is not the solution; damage is still being done to your joints,

it's just that you can't feel it.

Natural anti-inflammatories usually work, given enough time:

ginger, turmeric, bromelain, fish oil, etc. I've overcome 95%

of chronic pain resulting from a lifetime of hard work naturally.

Phuck pharma!

Phuck pharma!

AWSOME!!!! Glad you have success with this:)

Just a reminder to everyone wanting to use natural and holistic arts, please do go over it with your doctor as well. Even though they may have a different agendas in mind, it is sooooo important to go over it with your doc. Such as....

If using Pineapple for the wonderful Bromelin as digestive enzyme and yet you suffer from gastroduodenal ulcer....and is in an active stage, you can severely be bothered by this:(

Or say Reflexology.....if you are at risk for thrombosis( blood cotting), either with meds...or long flights, etc...this can cause aneurysm!!! VERY important, as this can cause death, but any certified relexologist will ask you if you are at risk in anyway. If they do not, never see that therapist agin and contact the association of reflexologist! It is the main contraindication that a reflexolgist has to swear by....

Phuck pharma!

Thank you, I have used an anti inflammatory called zyflamed- it contails some of those ingredients and my naturopath gave it a very good rating, I have herniated discs and I believe it helps.

Zyflammend was very good when New Chapter was an independent company.

Now that it's been bought out by Proctor & Gamble, I don't have the same faith

in it as before, as the huge mega-corporation will undoubtably cut costs by using

cheaper ingredients. New Chapter used to get a lot of my supplement money, but

I've found many other alternatives on Iherb.com. Also, I've found that zyflammend

didn't have enough turmeric and ginger for me, and once I extra supplemented with

those, I really saw results. You can save a lot of money using iherb.com. too!

I don't use Zyflammend anymore; I've found that I don't really need it. Oregano oil

is a great little thing too, especially if you're prone to yeast infections.

You can make your own tinctures by ordering organic ginger, turmeric, etc, in bulk

and soaking them in vodka. As many of these herbs are hepatoprotective, a little bit

of booze won't hurt! ;)

• Like 1

usually get a massage if i have some muscle pain, after a few sessions seems to work.

Most of the time i do not take pills, only if i need relief fast if i'm competing or something but other than that i tough it out.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Having had a very chronic back for years thanks to my occupation I have been a fan of Chiropractic and Massage in combination. It has helped keep me mobile for years especially after recovering from auto acccidents(been hit 5 times). I also go for accupuncture and Magneto therepy from the the same clinic. I was doubtful about the Magneto Therepy at first but they seem to work hand in hand. The do both procedures at the same time.

After blowing out an achilles tendon, acl reconsturction and 25 years of sports...Aleve and advil....are my friends. Also a little herb treatment ;).

Peace

MG

• Like 1

I just thought I'd throw this in too, since it pertains to HPV and its potential to cause throat cancer:

Primary Component of Turmeric Kicks Off Cancer-Killing Mechanisms in Human Saliva

So if I show up and my teeth are yellow, you ladies know why! ;-)

(not that I have HPV, not that I know, but hey, it's better to be safe than sorry)