• Als
    • Argos
    • Ti-Cats
    • Blue Bombers
    • Rough Riders
    • Stamps
    • Lions
    • Eskimos

Week 1 of the new NFL season is now past and I, like many, am looking forward to the rest of the season. However, on the subject of good football, has anyone noticed that the CFL is having a great year? So far this season there have been a number of games decided on the last play, no one team is way ahead in the standings and only Winnipeg has struggled all season. As well, this year marks the 100th year for the Grey Cup. I have enjoyed a number of CFL games this summer.

So what are the CFL fans on CERB thinking? Who are you picking for the 100th Grey Cup?

My choice is the solid Montreal Alouettes and in fact I have a running dispute with Miss Emily Rushton about this. Emily tends to cling to faded memories of glory days of a certain team that wears green and gold and plays out of a western shanty town that's claim to fame is it has a big shopping mall. I have been patiently explaining to Emily that it will be wonderful to see the 100th Grey Cup hoisted by Anthony Calvillo to cap off his amazing career. Emily is not buying it and our dispute could get ugly!

Edited by Z***ou**U

I love the CFL, but I love the NFL as well. As you say, good football is good football!

The CFL and maybe the NFL this year as well appears to have parity, and as the say, on any given Sunday one never knows who will come out on top.

I am a serious Alouettes fan and if we look West, sorry Emily, but you can't help but go for Saskatchewan, the team with the best fans in the league.

Now when Atlantic Canada gets its team, and surely that has to happen, I will be a season ticket holder. Hey, maybe Emily would go to a game with me. She is an Atlantic Canadian now. :)

For the time being, Go Als Go.

• Like 1

I love the CFL, but I love the NFL as well. As you say, good football is good football!

The CFL and maybe the NFL this year as well appears to have parity, and as the say, on any given Sunday one never knows who will come out on top.

I am a serious Alouettes fan and if we look West, sorry Emily, but you can't help but go for Saskatchewan, the team with the best fans in the league.

Now when Atlantic Canada gets its team, and surely that has to happen, I will be a season ticket holder. Hey, maybe Emily would go to a game with me. She is an Atlantic Canadian now. :)

For the time being, Go Als Go.

I am not sure if we can be friends anymore :( I have forgiven you ...somewhat... for being a Canadians fan but my my my this is pushing it MrNice !!! Go Eskimos rah rah ;)

I was a CFL fan as a kid but to be honest I don't follow it anymore, I am an NFL fan now.

I didn't know this was the 100th anniversary of the Grey Cup, the oldest professional trophy in the world :)

For that reason I will follow this CFL season and I am happy that Emily is now a Martimer, we've never met but I am an admirer.

Edited by billybob

Just looking at the early polling gives me an indication that even if one considers people being partisan, there is parity in the CFL. There have been so many close games this year that it is exciting to watch, and in some ways is more exciting than NFL.

Edited by mrrnice2

Don't we all love those dreamers from Toronto! :)

The 100th Grey Cup game was awarded to Toronto. which, given the state of Toronto sport teams is the only way that city can host a championship game.:-)

I think the Lions will repeat as Champs but I would like to see the Riders win it! I really hate the Montreal Alouettes....always have!

I did say "it is about time that Toronto won something again"

nothing like a "home game" for the championship

perhaps it is time to check the ticket reseller sites and attend my first every Grey Cup game

Well it looks as if my words from my earlier post have come back to bite me. I am thinking that the two teams in the big game are both surprise teams, and I think I will go with the Argos as a sentimental pick.

I have been lucky enough to go to one Gray Cup game in the past and it was a great experience so if I were anywhere near Toronto I'd be trying to get a ticket.

Go Argos!!!! :)

Congrats to the Argos & Stamps on their victories yesterday!

I will be in Toronto for the game next weekend! Going to the Vanier Cup on Friday night as well! A weekend of football, partying & hobbying in the GTA!

• Like 1