What a travesty as these last two episodes have laid waste to a season with such promise. One of the best characters in years in Isaac is written off, the phantom comes and goes and then the show sinks into silliness, horrible writing, bad character development and plot holes the size of office buildings. Secondary characters languish as the show revolves around Dexter. Quinn kills a guy and then takes a bullet to the arm for Nadia who then heads off to Vegas leaving (the now suddenly healthy and back on the job) Quinn with only a note.

Sigh, now Hannah has been framed and Dexter's lizard brain doesn't pick up on it? (My bet is that it was Deb). This is the final season of Lost all over again in terms of truly bad writing. These guys should give Vince Gilligan a call for some basic pointers.

Hey you're obviously still tuning in so it can't be that bad, right? ..... Just sayin' :p

What a travesty as these last two episodes have laid waste to a season with such promise.

I can see where you are coming from; though I'm not as unforgiving and hope they can tighten things up.

I agree the writing has been uneven this year. At times brilliant and other times disappointing. There certainly appears to be an element of spaghetti throwing with story lines. As though they hadn't thought the season through completely and have been shifting focus somewhat arbitrarily; rushing some stories to conclusion prematurely.

That being said, I think the Hannah/Dexter relationship is awesome. It has so much potential. The ice cold robot mystique was cool for the first few seasons but there is more opportunity for depth with his character as he becomes more human and aware of his own will. He's now facing real emotion and uncertainty over the consequences of his actions on those he loves, while releasing long held personal mantras that insulated him from any moral responsibility.

Hopefully they tighten things up again. I still like the show but sloppy writing does bug me.

Hey you're obviously still tuning in so it can't be that bad, right? ..... Just sayin' :p

Ahaha too true :)

yes there is some crappy writing there. Poor Quin, fucked over and lied to his partner for this girl and she fucks off on him. I think she was only with him so that gang could use him. I never trusted her ever since she turned to him and said "my car is in he shop if you feel like picking up the bill". wow what a skank pay your own damn bills! You make enough.

nosie little LaGuerta is gonna get chopped up if she doesn't stop telling people her suspicions of Dexter being the Bay Harbor Butcher. He did well Planting those deep sea fishing lures but I'm not sure she's gonna give up the idea.

Now Deb's car crash. Hanna will definitely have some running to do, unless Deb Faked it to send Dexter after her. Dun Dun Dunnnn, now that would actually be a twist but I don't think the writers are going that way

Guest Ou**or**n
Now Deb's car crash. Hanna will definitely have some running to do, unless Deb Faked it to send Dexter after her. Dun Dun Dunnnn, now that would actually be a twist but I don't think the writers are going that way

My bet is was Deb framing Hannah. She told Hannah that she would do everything she could in order to protect Dexter from her. You never see the crash in the show which is strange given the way the writers normally expose the plot lines. Viewers typically have a somewhat inside view to events. The exceptions have been when the writers are adding a plot twist. Hannah also was quite accurate when she told Dexter that she was good at what she did and if she wanted Deb dead then dead Deb would be. Just look at who has benefited most by the turn of events - Deb. Hannah and Dexter are apart, Hannah is in jail, Deb's insurance gets her a new beamer ;)

And Castle, yes I continue to watch - Yvonne Strzechowski is totally smoking hot!

Guest ***t***iv***
My bet is was Deb framing Hannah. She told Hannah that she would do everything she could in order to protect Dexter from her. You never see the crash in the show which is strange given the way the writers normally expose the plot lines. Viewers typically have a somewhat inside view to events. The exceptions have been when the writers are adding a plot twist. Hannah also was quite accurate when she told Dexter that she was good at what she did and if she wanted Deb dead then dead Deb would be. Just look at who has benefited most by the turn of events - Deb. Hannah and Dexter are apart, Hannah is in jail, Deb's insurance gets her a new beamer ;)

And Castle, yes I continue to watch - Yvonne Strzechowski is totally smoking hot!

these are better arguments that it was really Deb than I have for why I think it was Hannah lol

I actually moreso hope it was Hannah, because I really want Dexter to kill her.

But Hannah didn't seem surprised when Dexter confronted her, and she had quite a compelling argument ready. Almost like she had already figured out how to respond to make Dexter believe her.

Like outforfun pointed out: "I don't make mistakes" Hannah said. If Hannah wanted Deb dead, she would be. If that wasn't the perfect cover for Hannah, I would say it also adds credence to the theory that Deb set Hannah up. I admit, that would be better plot wise, than if it was Hannah and Dexter just offed her. It would be over too fast. This way, they will drag it out longer.

Hannah was right though, Dexter should have killed her instead of turn her in. Now I think she is the one who got Dexter caught.

this could really go either way, only way to know for sure is to keep watching. Thus, a good job on the writer's part. But outforfun has swayed my opinion, I now agree it must have been Deb herself. Sneaky sneaky. I wouldn't be surprised if Deb n Dex commit some murders together before this is over. (LaGuerta anyone?)

must love Dex!

exactly, how Would Hanna even know what Deb was taken to give it to her with out her knowing.

well actually she was in her apt she could have snooped. But still, she would have to first dissolve the pills then put it in something that Deb would consume.

Guest Ou**or**n

Well, I was wrong. I still think it would of been a good plot movement.

However - how about that ending! Finally after 7 seasons the tv show catches up to the book ;)

Just got through watching the finale! Holy intense Batman!! Poor Deb. She's gonna be even more fucked up now.

The flashbacks also made me realize how much I miss Doakes being on the show. He always cracked me up. He was probably my favourite character aside from Dexter. Well ok....masuka too :p. That first "Surprise, motherfucker!" Got me all excited for a second till I realized it was a flashback lol.

If I remember correctly I think next season is the last one. How will it all turn out??!

Guest Ou**or**n

Yes, I made it. Seeing Yvonne Strzechowski again was worth the effort ;)

Very strange year. The first 8-9 episodes were a great arc. Then wham, they killed off Isaac and everything went into a blender. So many plot holes it makes swiss cheese look whole.

Hopefully with La Guerta's death Baptista will re-think retirement. I hope they use Quinn more next year. I hear there is a chance Hannah may be back so that is great.

I think the main arc next year will be the Deb and Dexter relationship. As it's supposed to be the final year next year I imagine we'll see the conclusion - and I doubt it will be happy.

- and I doubt it will be happy.

Yeah I doubt it. The serial killer in these things never gets away scott free and lives happily ever after. Imagine what kind of message that would send! Then again Hannibal Lecter did....hmmm.

I just hope it's not too bleak of an ending. That would ruin the whole show for me. They should end it with some of that dark humor that has been sorely missing from the last couple seasons. That's what I enjoyed most about the earlier seasons.

I'm pretty sure Dexter's gonna get busted. If he does I hope he gets declared sane and stuck in general population. If only because he'd be like a kid in a candy store! I think that would be the perfect way to end it....something like the final scene of the last Boondock Saints movie. Dexter looking out onto the grounds at all the other convicted killers with a look and a sly grin like "Hmmm....who should I start with?" Roll credits! That would be a kick ass way for the show to go out :p

• Like 1

Hanna has a real possibility of coming back but I doubt she will because she knows Deb won't make it easy for them to be together and Dexter will Always protect Deb no matter what.

Now that Ending, WOW! I was on the edge of you seat yelling "kill Laguerta!!"

Did anyone notice that at the start of season 7 the last episode was called (Lethal Injection) and was then changed to Surprise, Motherf----ker! after the 3rd episode in the season.

Perhaps they where not sure if there was going to be a season 8, but once the deal was signed to do it they had to change it and modify the later episodes to fit in a next season. cheers.

I thought it was weird, anyone have any insight on this?

No I usually just watch as it comes. I think they have always known that season 8 is the final season but the writers may have decided to go a different way then they had originally. Keep things from being to predictable I guess :)

The official Dexter facebook page just announced that the 8th season will be premiering a lot sooner than expected! It premiers on June 30th! :D

• Like 2

There are rumors that they may intend on splitting up the season into two parts like Breaking Bad did. This maybe the reason for the June release.

It's official. This one coming up is the last season. Here's a sneak peek (more of just a scene really)

Looks pretty bleak. I still like it but I really miss all the dark humor this show used to have at the beginning.

• Like 1

I think it was announced before the start of last season that this season would be the last.

I love Dexter but after last season it's time to end IMO. I did not like last season at all, how Deb so willingly went along with everything just kinda ruined it for me. Not that there weren't a lot of far fetch things that happened in the many previous seasons it's just enough and time to end one of my favorite shows.

So what's everyone thinking of the last season so far? Personally I'm really missing all the wit and black humour the writing had earlier on in the series....primarily seasons 1 to 4. I just find the show is not quite as much fun to watch as it once was. But I'm in for the long haul and looking forward to seeing how it all turns out. I just hope it doesn't end on too much of a dark or bleak note. Hoping for some measure of redemption for Dexter (both the character and the show itself).

The perfect ending in my mind would be Dexter being caught and convicted but getting life in prison instead of the death penalty. Ending with a shot of Dexter's face while he sits alone in his cell...looking out at the other inmates with a very serious look on his face but at the last second a little grin appears, (like he's a kid in a candy store :p ) Fade to black! Just to bring back that sense of "fun" that was so prevalent in the earlier seasons....if only for the last second.

It seems very likely that Dexter and Hannah will be off to Argentina to start a new life together. This is the way I would like to see the series end.

Guest h****sho***9

I think somehow Dexter will fake his death and leave to go to Argentina but not with Hanna(somehow Hanna still falls under his code and she will have to be killed) but with Deb who also is presumed dead as brother and sister not lovers

As for Vogel and her son they both will be killed by Dexter before he leaves

If you enjoy Dexter, you might try one of the books. I'm not usually into audiobooks, but my tomatoes are coming ripe and I figured I'd download something to keep my brain engaged during the coming hours of mindless tomato processing and canning. I went with "Double Dexter." I downloaded it from my library. It's a slightly different story than the TV series. Rita is still alive, and they have a baby girl named Lily. Deb also has a baby, apparently!

So if you enjoy Dexter and want more, check out your local library. You may need to apply for a library card if you don't have one, but it's all free and they have excellent interfaces for most smart phones.

• Like 4