Is this a real job?

I don't take offense.. because I only feel pity for you. I'm prouder every day of what I do.. because of how I view it...

But since you don't and don't want to make any friends/garner any respect from your peers.. I have to wonder. What are you doing here then?

If you use the board to advertise.. I doubt you'll get many clients because they too care whether you're in the job solely for money or also because you enjoy it.

Carrie.

You, and the other professional companions should feel proud. From this appreciative gentleman's vantage point, I know what you ladies provide is an escape, companionship, and a few hours where we feel special.

And no, since embarking on this lifestyle in July 2010, you'd think, given the way mainstream society portrays this lifestyle, I might have run across some hookers, whores, or prostitutes. But all I have run across are Ladies and a couple times, even a Goddess or two, maybe three or four. Ladies and Goddesses who have allowed me to spend intimate time alone with them, time well spent which has improved the quality of my life overall.

So to all the professional companions out there, thank you for the profession you chose, and the intimacy you provide. It is appreciated by this gentleman, and has a value beyond the donation given. I am sure there are other gentlemen out there that appreciate the companionship you ladies provide as I do.

Don't know if a thread hijack, but it is an appreciative rambling

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy
  • Like 1

Lol settle down. Just because I don't want to be doing this when I'm older doesn't mean that I don't enjoy it now. I really just meant that when I get my career going and start a family etc. This isn't exactly something I want to be a part of my life. I don't think anyone tells their parents when they're younger that they want to be a hooker when they grow up.. That was my whole point really. And I stated that it was good for me short term - just not long term.

• Like 1

This thread is the first time I can remember seeing the term "hooker" since I joined the board. It's especially surprising seeing it used by one as a reference to their own profession. It's not surprising that many ladies will prob. see it as a pejorative description.

• Like 2

Shyla is no longer welcome on this site, i find her comments rude and ignorant... Makes me sad that someone working in this profession looks down on it in such a negative way.

This business is just as much a job as any other line of work and should be treated and respected as such. If your self employed working as a indie sp or working for an agency or spa you are still generating an income for yourself and should be proud. Like any job if you are unhappy with your work you should explore other options and another llne of work.

The term hooker was used here in a negative way to provoke a reaction (and it worked) but we should not let a small minded person like this get under any of our skins (just not worth the reaction). She stupidly lost cerb as a valuable resource and that is going to hit her where it counts! Not much of a job when you piss off all your customers.

• Like 6

I get harrassment calls or emails from time to time on a bad day they are hard to ignore but when things are going good they are the last thing on my mind.

the most annoying is when they sending non-stop text messages saying how you need a pimp and they are contacting you to save you.

• Like 1

I wasn't really putting it down, just stating how I don't really consider it a job and it isn't something I would aspire to be long term. There's plenty of things that I do that others wouldn't consider and that's fine. I didn't mean it to be offensive and I'm not really here to garner any respect on a ------ board lol. Just sayin...

Trust me princess, you needn't worry.

Because a tight ass, flat abs & perky boobs aren't forever.

Respect is.

And after this dismissive, condescending,

holier than thou comment,

that is the last word I believe most of

us would use in reference to you.

Just sayin...

Sandi

Edited by sandimoon
Took too long, crap.
  • Like 2

yes this job most defiantly is a real job. Unfortunately I have no clue how to pay my taxes for it myself. if anyone would like to help me out with that that would be awesome cause I haven't done my taxes in 3 years and the government is get'n pissy lol

But this job requires excellent customer service skills and the ability for great time management, scheduling, marketing, networking and presentation. Sometimes at the end of the day you are exhausted mentally or physical just like any other job. You have good days and bad and have a chance to meet alot of interesting people along the way, just like any other job.

Unfortunately this job is stereotyped up the yahoo and people are closed minded r even jealous that they don't have the strength and business mind to be successful at our job :)

and anyone that calls a Beautiful woman from a blocked number just to tell her they don't believe your job is good enough is a gutless coward with nothing better to do

clarification, I haven't been avoiding doing my taxes I had lost my T4's for my ligit work and have been putting off requesting it from the government. But I was also scared because I didn't have much taxable income because jobs are scarce for an english girl here. if I can claim my SP work it would help me out and put that kick in the bum to get my stuff together before year four where its mandatory to file :)

Edited by Serena Blake
edit request
  • Like 5

Shyla is no longer welcome on this site, i find her comments rude and ignorant... Makes me sad that someone working in this profession looks down on it in such a negative way.

This business is just as much a job as any other line of work and should be treated and respected as such. If your self employed working as a indie sp or working for an agency or spa you are still generating an income for yourself and should be proud. Like any job if you are unhappy with your work you should explore other options and another llne of work.

The term ------ was used here in a negative way to provoke a reaction (and it worked) but we should not let a small minded person like this get under any of our skins (just not worth the reaction). She stupidly lost cerb as a valuable resource and that is going to hit her where it counts! Not much of a job when you piss off all your customers.

Very sad, she's just a kid, unless there are reasons beyond this thread I think she should be given another chance.

I know there are other ladies here as young as her but being in your 20's and saying something stupid is not uncommon.

She fucked up, it happens, I don't understand why she doesn't deserve a second chance.

Lastly, not everyone loves their jobs, it's not uncommon to do a job because you have bills to pay, a family to support etc.

• Like 5

not only is this a real job this job also is lacking a lot of support for people who are struggling with many things outside of the work and inside of the work and pushing them away isn't going to get them feel like they are have a solid support system.

the thing with most other jobs out there they have a solid support and community in place.

I struggled with my own issues that were personal and work related along and the hardest part that I struggle with is finding a place that I can reach out to for support and even some business guidance since everyone in this has thier own individual way of working this and it doesn't work for someone else so then it creats tension and isolation.

shalya leaving i believe that was username being sent away may not help her in what she is struggling with and if your left in isolation for a long period of time breaking through that is a hard struggle.

• Like 1

Very sad, she's just a kid, unless there are reasons beyond this thread I think she should be given another chance.

I know there are other ladies here as young as her but being in your 20's and saying something stupid is not uncommon.

She fucked up, it happens, I don't understand why she doesn't deserve a second chance.

Lastly, not everyone loves their jobs, it's not uncommon to do a job because you have bills to pay, a family to support etc.

I agree, seems a bit over the top to me.

Peace

MG

Well, to put it in perspective, if a guy had come on and said that being a "------" isn't a real job and hopefully no one is planning on doing it past the age of thirty, and then he had made some comment like "I don't care about getting respect from a bunch of ------s" -- well, I think he would have gotten suspended pretty quickly, too. Whether he were in his 20s or not, I don't think he would have had a lot of defenders.

Being an SP who uses this board to advertise I think it's fair if she's held to a HIGHER standard than a hobbyist, not a lower one.

That's just my take. I agree that she's young and people change their minds and attitudes over time. But I think part of that growth sometimes involves taking your knocks for your mistakes, and I believe that's what happened here.

I agree, seems a bit over the top to me.

Peace

MG

• Like 8

You are providing a service and getting paid for your time. So too does a therapist, a Dr., and many other jobs.

I work for the government, now that's a questionable job!

• Like 1

Well, to put it in perspective, if a guy had come on and said that being a "------" isn't a real job and hopefully no one is planning on doing it past the age of thirty, and then he had made some comment like "I don't care about getting respect from a bunch of ------s" -- well, I think he would have gotten suspended pretty quickly, too. Whether he were in his 20s or not, I don't think he would have had a lot of defenders.

Being an SP who uses this board to advertise I think it's fair if she's held to a HIGHER standard than a hobbyist, not a lower one.

That's just my take. I agree that she's young and people change their minds and attitudes over time. But I think part of that growth sometimes involves taking your knocks for your mistakes, and I believe that's what happened here.

No one asks these young girls to get a second chance when they are the ones pulling scams or ripping people off. Why should it matter how old she is or who she is I agree with you Georgina,

She shouldl be held ot a higher standard because this is who we are , we are trying to change the stereotypes laid out against us not build up reasons to keep being called ignorant names

• Like 1

Lastly, not everyone loves their jobs, it's not uncommon to do a job because you have bills to pay a family to support etc.

Fair enough that not all SPs like their jobs.

But as you said, lots of young ladies here with

manners, respect & decorum.

I was 20, 25, whatever & I never dismissed

how a person made their living as being beneath me.

No matter what it was.

And if she has bills, she should have thought

of that before being so downright smug.

What man wants to pay to screw a robotic dilettante?

She was bravado run amok & frankly,

as a woman & SP, it's not sad, it's embarrassing.

She has hot girl syndrome:

"I'm cute, I'm fit, I'm gorgeous, men pay to fuck me,

so I can act uppity & charm my way out."

I've seen it before & while not pretty, that fall

from the pedestal is usually quite predictable & justifiable.

If she's old enough to fuck like an adult,

she can damn well act like one.

Being disdainful of other women, their choices,

livelihoods, pride in their work, is not capricious youth.

It is arrogance & should be nipped in the bud, as it was.

She insulted 90% of the women here & most of the men.

Remember it wasn't just H--kers, it was

also a " h--ker board " she didn't need to feed her ego.

And after being called on it, came back for more.

Like Georgiana said, as advertisers, we should be held to a

higher standard & most professional SPs

have very little patience for this type of boorish behaviour.

Getting shut down is part of growing up,

my sisters kids are 9 & 7,

and THEY know that actions have consequences.

Now, so does she.

I also wonder if she appreciates the irony

of being fired from a pseudo-job.

I know I do.

Sandi

Edited by sandimoon
missed a word
  • Like 9

Well she may be a kid. I have some very fond memories spending time with SP's in their twenties.

When I decided to book with them they didn't say that this profession is not really a real job but it is easy and that they were lazy and that they are just a ------------ on a -------------- site and that they really just want to work towards a real and square job when they are in their 30's.

These comments are not remotely in line with Cerb etiquete, they are incredibably disrespectful on a site where there happen to be some very amazing ladies that have worked in their 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's etc... as SP's and enjoy what they do and it is a real job !

Simply put Billybob...if comments like she made were able to be posted on Cerb willynilly with no repercussions......then this would be a UFC cage match with everyone lambasting everyone and it wouldn't be pretty.

Mod did exactly what he needed to do and very promptly as well...Kudos Mod.

I'll just end my posts on this thread with this.

I don't think she should be excused of her actions because of her age. I never meant to suggest that she should be allowed to be offensive because she is young, but she is young and has an attitude, a bad attitude. I do think age is a factor, not an excuse because there are lots of mature 20 something ladies on this site, but definitely a factor.

I do think there should be consequences for her posts on this thread/board. All I'm saying is she should get a second chance, it seemed from Mod's post that she is permanently banned. Give her a long ban, tell her why and when/if she returns see if her attitude changes.

A second chance, that was all I was trying to say.

Edited by billybob
  • Like 2

Again I want to thank eveyone for being supportive. To address the other issue concerning the sad comments about a "such and such board" from another provider, I will say angered, hurt and frusterated me. What hurt the most is it came from another provider and, why some choose to say mean and unkind things, especially to people they haven't even met is beyond me, but to be honest I have been called everything from a rusty old hag, to fake to nasty, from other providers, so I shouldn't be to surprised . In a world full of negativity about this profession we don't need to hear this crap from "one of our own". I believe this can be and for me is a rewarding, legit "real job". I take pride in offering my hospitality to some of the nicest, most understanding kind men, who have always gone out of their way to make me feel good about myself. It is this profession that has helped me gain self respect, even though their are a small few who try and tear it down, confidence and a sense of independence. I think one should do this as long as it garners you your needed income, enjoyment and doesn't become something you do just to pay the bills. No matter what profession we choose it has to be more than just a source of income or we will never feel fulfilled or happy. As to wether she should be given a second chance, I was, so I have to say please do, we all deserve one. We all in this profession have to have thicker skins than others, unfortunately, because of the generalizations society puts on us, there will always be those, even that work with us, that condem our choices. We just have to hold our heads high, and take pride in being self supportive, independent, brave and one of the unique! Let the rest deal with their personal demons!!

Edited by cr**tyc***es

Again I want to thank eveyone for being supportive. To address the other issue concerning the sad comments about a "such and such board" from another provider, I will say angered, hurt and frusterated me. What hurt the most is it came from another provider and, why some choose to say mean and unkind things, especially to people they haven't even met is beyond me, but to be honest I have been called everything from a rusty old hag, to fake to nasty, from other providers, so I shouldn't be to surprised . In a world full of negativity about this profession we don't need to hear this crap from "one of our own". I believe this can be and for me is a rewarding, legit "real job". I take pride in offering my hospitality to some of the nicest, most understanding kind men, who have always gone out of their way to make me feel good about myself. It is this profession that has helped me gain self respect, even though their are a small few who try and tear it down, confidence and a sense of indenpence. I think one should do this as long as it garners you your needed income, enjoyment and doesn't become something you do just to pay the bills. No matter what profession we choose it has to be more than just a soruce of income or we will never feel fulfilled or happy. As to wether she should be given a second chance, I was, so I have to say please do, we all deserve one. We all in this profession have to have thicker skins than others, unfortunately, because of the generalizations society puts on us, there will always be those, even that work with us, that condem our choices. We just have to hold our heads high, and take pride in being self supportive, independent, brave and one of the unique! Let the rest deal with their personal demons!!

Cristy

Don't be angered or hurt by this other person's comments. She is not one of you ladies, nor in your ladies' league, and her comments reflect on her and her alone. The CERB ladies I have met are professional companions. And in my experience my encounters with CERB ladies are professional, professional in that the lady puts effort into making a man feel special...imagine, the first time a SP and Gentleman meet, and the lady can make that man feel important, provide a much needed escape for him, not to mention intimacy, not just sexual, but intimacy in the broadest sense of the word. It is a very gifted, skilled and professional lady that can do that. Someone who says she is too lazy to do anything else, she may be allowing her body to be used for sex for money but I hardly think she has the interpersonal skills to be a escort, or courtesan. A professional companion is much more than just a sex provider, yes sex is part of an encounter, but there is much more to the encounters, the social interpersonal side

And again, to all the ladies out there, you all deserve a big thank you and our appreciation. The escape, companionship and intimacy you provide, with the no strings complications of a relationship, it certainly has improved the quality of my life, I'm sure it has done the same for other gentlemen too. Please don't let one person bring you down, there are many many more people who appreciate what you do.

I understand the sentiments of giving this girl a second chance, and that suggestion is in CERB spirit, and the suggestion should be taken in that spirit, even if you don't agree. But I don't think she even cares one way or the other that she was suspended, she certainly doesn't seem to care about this profession and lifestyle. And she certainly doesn't have respect for this community. That is this board, her peers and potential clients. However that's up to Mod and Council to decide whether she deserves a second chance

A morning rambling

RG

• Like 3

I left the government to do what I do know. When I did, so many people were shocked, saying 'you left the government?! But the pension!' These same people just loved tright through me when i said that for me, pension meant nothing when every day I hated my job in the mean time.

I hated it so much that i stopped caring. I would go in late, or not at all.

I don't do that with my current job. Because I LOVE it. Not only does my current job give me the ability and freedom to run things for myself, but it draws on the management and marketing skills I've acquired over the years. And i get to play with cock all the time!

To anyone trying to tell me my job isn't a real job, i just laugh. Its real. And not only is it the best job I've ever had, but since deciding to go this route, I've never in my life been happier, and my life has never been as stress-free. Doing this was the best decision I've ever made.

• Like 3

Seems to me, reading this thread -- wow, 6 pages! -- that my conclusion is: it's a job if you perceive it that way. And that goes for the good perceptions of a "job" and the bad ones.

"Oh, I have to go to my job now. :-(" vs. "I love my job! :-)"

We all bring attitudes to the work we do. As SPs, your work is rather ... unique. Several years ago, I had an experience with someone that turned me off the whole thing for a looong time. That's changed.

If you value what you do and enjoy what you do, why let some anonymous idiot challenge it? If you are only doing what you do because you're "lazy" and you don't really enjoy it... time for a change, I think.

I have given out way too many rep points in the last 24 hours - but this reply is a perfect response that speaks for yourself as well as many other SPs such as myself. This is a job that I value and get excited for.

Never is it the same thing twice, its alwasy fresh new and exciting. It brings in all your personal skills and customer service technique. The people you meet, you sometimes change their day, even their week with the service you provide them.

We are in the business of making lives better :)

I left the government to do what I do know. When I did, so many people were shocked, saying 'you left the government?! But the pension!' These same people just loved tright through me when i said that for me, pension meant nothing when every day I hated my job in the mean time.

I hated it so much that i stopped caring. I would go in late, or not at all.

I don't do that with my current job. Because I LOVE it. Not only does my current job give me the ability and freedom to run things for myself, but it draws on the management and marketing skills I've acquired over the years. And i get to play with cock all the time!

To anyone trying to tell me my job isn't a real job, i just laugh. Its real. And not only is it the best job I've ever had, but since deciding to go this route, I've never in my life been happier, and my life has never been as stress-free. Doing this was the best decision I've ever made.

This professional is certainly a real job and we do everything that anyone in a regular office/business does to prepare for each and every encounter/meeting. My education and Administrative/Fiance & Accounting/HR corporate jobs have certainly helped with running my business.

We do quite a lot of administrative work (emails, PM's, phones and website(s) etc.), organizational and time management skills, finance (budgeting, taxes, auditing our books and financial goal projections etc.) and marketing/advertisement, code of ethics and business morals and of course competition but the competition certainly don't need to be at "war" or under cutting one another, most of us work together to help keep one another safe and offer advice and great support.

In the end, our meetings are so much more pleasurable and fun. No minute taking, being phony in a meeting with people in a boardroom you don't care to be there with and the list goes on and on. Number one, I am the Boss/Owner and no one to answer to but me at the end of the day.

Yes this is a real job and I have encountered people saying or emailing such things as expressed by the OP.

This job is the most fun and rewarding one I have ever had and enjoy what and everything I do. Just like any other job, there are stressful days and we all have personal lives as well. Not everyone is cracked out for this profession but it is very much like working for someone in the in the corporate world except we as independent paid companions do all the work and our business success is solely based on us and the running of our business as such, a real business.

There is so much more to my business than answering a phone/text/email and saying sure I'm available give me 15-30 minutes and then just providing the "service". I take my business very seriously and enjoy it as I get things in motion for an encounter.

Edited by Lexy Grace
Added additional information!!
  • Like 4