Rogers Versus Bell for Internet/TV/Home Phone

So I ditched the cable for the summer months and was watching video reruns on the Internet, but with winter coming and new shows on was thinking of hooking it up again.

Not entirely happy with Rogers as a Internet provider (have high speed that isn't that great).

Home phone is okay but sometimes when I call a Bell subscriber, I get a recording that the number is not in service and vice versa (when a Bell subscriber tries to call me). Pain in the ass because I have a friend who I can only call from my cell phone because of this glitch with my home phone.

So the roommate say, why don't we look into switching to Bell.

I remember switching from Bell to Rogers a few years back because we weren't happy with Bell, but some say they've improved their Internet/TV packages.

Any feedback would be appreciated before we make a big mistake.

As for the home phone, I am going to suggest we ditch it because we both have cells, but they want to keep it.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Bell satellite works fine for me and their bundles can save you money. My issue with them is the use of overseas call centers where their command of the English language is very suspect. Thier bundles are comparible to most cable companies. Take a look a Shaw Direct of its just satellite you are looking for. They are cheaper them Bell Sat!

Hi Angela I can't speak for internet or thier cable but I will say I hate bell, they are my cell provider. Long story but I resigned a new contract now stuck with them for another 3yrs-uggg! Anyway in the futrue I'll be changing and going with anyone else! In Halifax we do not have rogers for cable or internet it is either eastlink-which Ilike or bell.Best of luck.

Just got Rogers for cell phone only, too early to tell if I like it...but so far no complaints

Bell, HATE THEM

Years ago had phone/internet/dish with them, bundled up, at their suggestion. They said it would save me money.

One night (Friday night) came home, phone dead, internet dead, but the dish working. (if I hadn't paid my bill everything should be dead, keep in mind I had paid my bill) Tried calling (from a pay phone) but they were closed for the weekends, open back on Monday...great, no phone/internet over the weekend

Monday called from work...nothing wrong with your service sir, everything is find...Bullsh--t I said...all I have is the dish. Well I went through all sorts of departments, finally they got my phone and internet back up and running

Found out a few days later what had happened. When you bundle, Bell takes your payment, then they allocate it to the different departments,

phone/internet/dish and so on. What they did with me was put all my bundle payments on the dish and nothing on the phone or internet...they screwed up, I paid for it.

Anyhow, I left Bell not long afterwards (there were other problems too) now I'm with Cogeco, like them

RG

Guest Ou**or**n

Rogers Internet should work just fine. If it isn't call them as there is probably a bad part of the line that they need to replace. They have signal strength meters and standards regarding cable types. There is zero excuse for poor speed with Rogers.

Ditch the home phone or get one of these - http://ca.ooma.com/

Just to clarify, we can't get Satellite, because our condo is in the stone age and doesn't allow dishes.

Just to clarify, we can't get Satellite, because our condo is in the stone age and doesn't allow dishes.

I may be wrong here Angela, and I don't know your condo by-laws, but I think now-a-days the dish is so small it can be mounted inside your house/condo right at a window, and not outside. A guy from xplornet a few years back said they could do that for my apartment...only problem, my apartment faces north, not south so a dish out of the question

RG

• Like 1

Guest S****r

I just quit Rogers internet and home phone yesterday cause I hate the run around I always get from them! But it would cost me $620 to get out of the cell phone contract right now! (on two cell phones) So I am stuck with them for cell service for another year.

But I AM looking for a new internet provider. Think I will ditch the home phone, too.

I advise that people stay away from Rogers.

I have no problems with rogers and have phone, cable and internet and it all works great. Nice thing about cable is you can actually run as many basic cable outlets as you like in your house. With satalite you neen a reviever for each tv, or a reciever to feed several tv's ...... But then they all watch the same thing.

Rogers offers call display on your tv with options to direct calls to voice mail or ignore the call.

No ugly dish with cable.

I found Bell had slower speeds in my area as they gave not done any infrastfucture upgrades for a long time

Posted via Mobile Device

I got rid of Bell phone about 5 years ago, I've been with Distributel for internet and phone since then. About $60/month for both. I still have a Bell dish, but it's a basic package, and does fine for us. One thing to watch for, if you go with a VOOP service, put all your devices(modem, router, VOIP box, and even cordless phone if you want) on a UPS, that way when you lose power, you don't lose phone. A side benefit of that is if you lose power, you can still surf.

Decided to stick with Rogers. They gave us a deal on the package I wanted, so we'll see how that goes.

Thanks for everyone's input.

I totally agree with Teksavvy - Excellent provider with techs who actually know their stuff! Cable or DSL, they support both. I actually have them for telephone too - cheaper rate for exactly the same home phone service.

Was a client of both. Had enough of the rip off, the contractual abuse and their service excuses. Here is how I got out of this. The phone runs on Majic Plus $ 29.00 per year for a Canadian number, yes per year ! TekSavvy unlimited high speed cable internet $ 62.00 per month, yes unlimited ! Good bye cable TV; Hello video streaming all free internet sites plus Netflix $ 8.00 per month for latest movies and TV series. Cell phone, Virgin Mobile, pick what you like.

• Like 1

Agree I refuse to pay for cable TV anymore.., and as to home phone why have one, when u already have a celphone where people can reachyou at anytime anywhere??? So Unlimeted internet and Netflx is def.., my thing!!! Free movies and TV shows, I watch them when I can and when I WANT, never loose an episode :)

Currently with Bell for phone, internet, TV.

Very happy with phone and internet and somewhat happy with TV. Bell TV HD channels are just 720p.

Recently subscribed to Fibe 25/10 for internet.

Bell techs in my area this week have been setting up Fibe TV service. Should be available in a month or two. It's apparently a fair bit cheaper than satellite and much better picture quality. A whole-home Fibe PVR is going to be free forever when subscribing to Five TV/internet/phone.

Supposedly my internet service will degrade from 25/10 to 15/10 when TV is being consumed.

I jumped from Rogers over a decade ago due to billing issues and the blatant lies the techs were telling me in response to my complaint of poor TV signal.

Guest f***nds4f**
I can't speak to TV/home phone, but for internet, try Teksavvy.

Totally agree. try Teksavvy. The cable internet is fast and you have 300G bandwidth (also have unlimited option with some extra). If you don't have lots of phone call try internet phone. Bell and Rogers can't beat it.

Hello Angela Of Ottawa, How You been My Dear? As For Your Question I Have Been With Bell Before Back When I First Started This Under BabyC20 & I Can Honestly Say I Hate Bell The Are Crap...But Also As Well Heard They Have Improved Their Services But I Will Still Never Go Back Don't Trust It...But Since I Have Moved To My New Place I Have Had Rogers Since Dec Of 2012 & I can Say So Far So Good No Problems Yet. & I Have Rogers Cable T.V.,Internet,Home Phone & Cell & My Bill Is Usually Between $140-$200

So I ditched the cable for the summer months and was watching video reruns on the Internet, but with winter coming and new shows on was thinking of hooking it up again.

Not entirely happy with Rogers as a Internet provider (have high speed that isn't that great).

Home phone is okay but sometimes when I call a Bell subscriber, I get a recording that the number is not in service and vice versa (when a Bell subscriber tries to call me). Pain in the ass because I have a friend who I can only call from my cell phone because of this glitch with my home phone.

So the roommate say, why don't we look into switching to Bell.

I remember switching from Bell to Rogers a few years back because we weren't happy with Bell, but some say they've improved their Internet/TV packages.

Any feedback would be appreciated before we make a big mistake.

As for the home phone, I am going to suggest we ditch it because we both have cells, but they want to keep it.

HI,

I have rogers internet i have the very high speed it working fine but some time when the load is high i do not get the fast speed ,every one in your area share the internet with rogers.But bell has one line for every home,so my be bell is faster