SP's - Time spent on the not so fun part of the job?

I often wonder how much time, money and effort is spent on the stuff outside of the actual client visits. Occasionally, I'll bring up my pastime to a female friend and mention what I've spent here and there. And the response is usually, "Gee, it would be nice to make that kind of money for an hour!"

But, as we all know, there's a lot of other things that go on in the background. Communication with clients - some of whom that will never follow through, preparation, tools of the trade, travel time and costs, hotels/incall locations, no-shows, advertising, even bookkeepping for those that work as a registered business.

If you were to equate all of that cost in time and money, what are you really getting for your 'hourly' rate? Looking at all that, hell even 50% seems to be generous....

I spend a lot of effort on lingerie (I can't express how many thigh-high stockings I go through a month that get runs in them etc)

and clothes. the worst is seeing a client and realizing that you're wearing the same hot outfit as you wore at your last encounter, lol.

then theres all the basic beauty stuff that to the average individual probably isn't so basic. I get hair extensions done on a regular basis and the upkeep needs to be pretty regular to keep myself from looking too ratty, lol

tanning

gym

teeth whitening

paying the doubtful driver an extra 20 bones on top of his hourly fee because you need to go to the outskirts for a noble client.

Babysitters

geez....I need to look into this "self-employed" tax stuff, lol

Answering the phone, and getting a reponse such as SUP, where do you live, etc when it's clearly posted in my ad:roll:

on that same note....time spent on people asking for you to send them more pictures even tho the one posted in your add should tell all.

I had one guy who didn't want to book me unless I sent him a cameraphone pic of myself at that moment to his phone....I havent learned how to do it yet on my other phone so it took me a good 20 mins before I gave up

candles,candles ,candles,nylons.nails.dermabrasion,hair,hair extensions,nylons,outfits.oils.foods for extended visits.i know for myself for an extended visit it takes alot more to getting ready then just shower and makeup,not to mention your home needs to be spotless!!xooxalex

Guest C*****tte

I haven't done the math but I would think given the work I do to prepare for a rendezvous there is a significant cut to my hourly wage.

I spend quite a bit of time each day to answer emails and check message boards and do research for other advertising options.

I also have to update blacklists based on what is going on in the cities I visit, check references, give references and keep on top of my screening methods.

I work out more than I did when I was doing other non body sensitive work, and we have the other girlie stuff prep - hair, makeup, shaving etc...

Next are expenses... I have some set expenses each month regardless of how many appointments I get each month (advertising, website hosting, hair, nails, gym membership), some expenses are every three months (lingerie, hosiery, shoes, clothes, and photoshoots).

Some people see $300 per hour and think I must work 40 hours a week and make a bundle. My rate reflects more than just 1 hour of my time but also all my hidden work.

Some people see $300 per hour and think I must work 40 hours a week and make a bundle. My rate reflects more than just 1 hour of my time but also all my hidden work.

And there's the rub...you may work 40-50 hrs a week like John Q. Public, but only get paid for 10-15 of those hours...

I don't even want to think about it...the same as all the other have said plus i pay for 2 apts....and another when i travel..damn...not thnking about it anymore...lol

I don't blame you ;)

But in a way, those appartments actually save you some dough :)

I don't even want to think about it...the same as all the other have said plus i pay for 2 apts....and another when i travel..damn...not thnking about it anymore...lol

plus i pay for 2 apts....and another when i travel..

Emma you should stay at the ranch next time you're in town ;)

I have a few good friends who are SP's, and the time and effort that goes on when they are not seeing a client is surprising. The shopping, keeping their place clean, answering calls all day, co-ordinating outcalls with their driver. Hobbyiest can't ever fathom the what goes in to setting up a date. That is why I have no respect for hobbyiest who pull no shows, they just don't understand how much work goes in to setting up a date!

I have a few good friends who are SP's, and the time and effort that goes on when they are not seeing a client is surprising. The shopping, keeping their place clean, answering calls all day, co-ordinating outcalls with their driver. Hobbyiest can't ever fathom the what goes in to setting up a date. That is why I have no respect for hobbyiest who pull no shows, they just don't understand how much work goes in to setting up a date!

I ran my own consulting business for more than a decade. Delivery time to clients was about 40 per cent of my time. The rest was marketing, prep, admin and upkeep. I was lucky when I saw a working week that had less than 50 hours in it.

... I was lucky when I saw a working week that had less than 50 hours in it.

I hear ya YS, I'd give my left nut for a 50 hour work week. Between my regular gig and freelance gigs and contract work I'm on average 70-90 hrs.

It's true though our lovley fillies go through a lot of prep work just to prepare for a date and also to maintatin the day to day admin, marketing it's more than just the time spent with the client, much more.

Guest i***k***

Just like any other business SPs will only get a fraction of the upfront donation due to many other costs. One thing I will say from personal experience is that working extremely long hours on average over the course of the week isn't good for anyone! Try to balance your work time and your personal time. There are so many tools out there to help entrepreneurs and with good time management you definitely can enjoy your work much more while still making a nice living!

My one main cost is my regular wax.

I do my incalls out of my student apartment, which I let clients know is NOT upscale, as well I have a cat. I try to make it as tidy-looking as possible, but occasionally I have a pile of laundry (or two) hanging around that shouldn't, but I haven't had time to get to.

I wash sheets/towels regularly, which costs me, but I can cram quite a bit into a load and I usually skip on the dryer unless I need whatever's in there that day.

Oh, and I started getting my nails done regularly again, so that costs me as well.

I do any outcalls through the Playgirls and they arrange for the driver and advertising and all that junk, and they take a portion of the fee of course.

I use a free website template.

Guest f***2f***

Well like anyone who is running their own business, Indies have business expenses...so do the agency gals but they don't have to put up with the scheduling hassles as much. It's incredibly hard for an Indie to work and answer her calls.

It is a business and like any other; the preparation, planning and marketing take a lot of time and effort, if you want to be successful, and then the follow through with customer satisfaction gets the repeat business...an important aspect if you are in for the long term (in any business).