A Question About Ladies' Jewelry Not What You Think

We all know about rings, watches, bracelets, necklaces, earrings, ear studs etc

Nothing to raise an eyebrow

But anklets, some women wear them. Question, are they a piece of jewelry that has sexual undertones to wearing them, or just another piece of jewelry

BTW I know when studs/earrings are worn on nipples/tongue/naval it can definitely have sexual undertones to it, but then again, in many cases, well in the case of the nipple and in some cases naval, once you see it, sex is about to take place anyway. But ladies can wear dresses/skirts every day and expose their ankle

Just a question, a couple friends and I talked about the other day

RG

I used to wear one and being a very sexual person, maybe. But I think more of a trend perhaps. The jewelry on a women that I think is the sexiest is a belly ring-jmo.

I think a diamond pendant, drawing one's eyes to a lady's breasts is far sexier. And of course, nothing is sexier or more erotic than a string of pearls.

The anklet never did a lot for me, and generally I'm a bit of a leg man.

Porthos

RG, I don't think it has

the adolescent " how far will she go ? "

connotation of those bracelets that caused such a stir.

Any friends I had who wore them were

generally of Aboriginal or in case of my relatives,

Caribbean descent, often hand made family keepsakes.

I live in DT Vancouver & there are some

incredible West Coast Native craftspeople

that do phenomenal & original pieces.

I have commissioned a few as gifts for female friends,

not in the industry, who love their sun dresses,

always with a nice reaction.

In my experience, it is just an adornment,

no more, no less.

Of course, I could just be old & out of the loop. :icon_eek:

Sandi

I love anklets, and still wear one from time to time. I used to have a few, but those seem to be lost but I do have one in silver with abalone which I like to put on in the summer time to make up for it being too hot for stockings.

I also used to wear toe rings quite often, but those I definitely cannot find now.

My reasoning was more to do with free spirit Celtic hippy vibe.

I used to wear anklets and toe rings too. I don't think it was for any sexual reason I just liked them. Maybe because I never used to wear bracelets?

I love anklets and toe rings but I often find them impractical so I seldom wear them for that reason. I don't find that they necessarily have a sexual connotation, although I do find them sexy.

The reason I'm bringing this up, and after reading all the replies. There is a woman my friends and I know. Her clothing used to be conservative. Long skirts, blouses, it was attractive on her, but not head turning if that makes sense.

She turned 40. She got implants. Her skirts became shorter, blouses were tight pullover tops. She also (keep in mind she is married) started having flings with guys 20-25 years old (nothing is secret in a small town) All of that is enough to say yes, her dress and behaviour has sexual overtones. But she added to her jewelery a anklet, something she never wore before. Hence the reason we thought an anklet may have sexual undertones to it, it was added with the other changes she was making

RG

The reason I'm bringing this up, and after reading all the replies. There is a woman my friends and I know. Her clothing used to be conservative. Long skirts, blouses, it was attractive on her, but not head turning if that makes sense.

She turned 40. She got implants. Her skirts became shorter, blouses were tight pullover tops. She also (keep in mind she is married) started having flings with guys 20-25 years old (nothing is secret in a small town) All of that is enough to say yes, her dress and behaviour has sexual overtones. But she added to her jewelery a anklet, something she never wore before. Hence the reason we thought an anklet may have sexual undertones to it, it was added with the other changes she was making

RG

Sounds like a bit of a mid-life crisis ... not that I'd know anything about those.

I don't think there is anything inherently sexual about the anklet, but it does sound like she is trying to emphasize that she has changed, and that she is more sexual. The anklet certainly draws attention to the ankle, foot, and leg. So in that sense I guess it could be considered having a sexual purpose.

There could be an issue at home with marriage,too bad that everyone in the small town is / or has opinions of a lady possibly trapped in area and marriage that she is looking to get out of. The overtones behaviour and dress is a signal that perhaps things aren't hunky dory in the small town,where everyone knows everyone else's business after all how would one know she had implants done? Other than maybe her tight tops?

Sounds like a bit of a mid-life crisis ... not that I'd know anything about those.

I don't think there is anything inherently sexual about the anklet, but it does sound like she is trying to emphasize that she has changed, and that she is more sexual. The anklet certainly draws attention to the ankle, foot, and leg. So in that sense I guess it could be considered having a sexual purpose.

I'm more inclined to agree with Porthos that it is a mid life crisis. This happened once she hit 40. She isn't having affairs per se, more flings, one night stands with guys almost half her age.

The implants, well she in fact told people, friends and acquaintances who in turn told other friends and acquaintances and so on. But she is proud of them, doesn't care if people know.

But it is unfortunate this is happening in a small town. Really, if she wanted to be discrete she should go to a bigger city, go to a bar, and let herself get picked up...really as is, that's what she is doing now, but everyone knows

RG

Clearly she doesn't care if other people know, if it doesn't bother her it shouldn't bother them. It's her life after all. Perhaps now she is living the life that she's always wanted to live and be the person she really wants to be.

• Like 2

Clearly she doesn't care if other people know, if it doesn't bother her it shouldn't bother them. It's her life after all. Perhaps now she is living the life that she's always wanted to live and be the person she really wants to be.

In general I agree with that ... but the nice thing about discretion is that it protects her. In the future she may regret that a lot of her relationships in the town have been damaged beyond repair. Having said that, I suspect she may be doing this precisely because she is reacting to how constraining those relationships have been all these years.