Discreet Restaurant

I was wondering if someone could help me out. I'm looking for a decent restaurant , not high priced, but good food, and most importantly has "discreet" seating, so that one can comfortably spend a hour or two there without being in plain view of everyone. Someplace out of the way perhaps , maybe not well know, but with decent food , in the $20 range for entree's. Suggestions appreciated!

How about Timmies! Kidding aside..Isn't there an Applebees somewhere in the Winterpeg?

Neither have real discreet seating. I'm looking for a place where very few ppl can see or watch ;) you! Like a place where they give you a map as they seat you so you can find your way out..or sprinkle bread crumbs! jk

Edited by farmboy
add

There used to be a vietnamese restaurant on Isabel street, and there is also a Tona Roma's on St James that I went to as well. Aye, I guess that's all I remember of my stint in Winnipeg, sorry I can't be of much help:-)

A lot of Japanese places seat you in a little private rooms with sliding doors. You have to take your shoes off and sit on pillows on the floor.

Without knowing the in spots in Winnipeg, if discreation is so important... why not plan for an intimate evening in at a nice hotel, or up room service from the restaurant and create your own atmosphere and intimate venue in your suite ?

Guest B***ke Ba****

Farmboy you drive a pickup how about.the drive thru at McDonalds and a dark corner in the parking lot?

Posted via Mobile Device

Well Farmboy, if ur cheap, sorry ,I meant looking for a cheap, :wink: discreet joint to take an sp...I suggest Paradise.Its an Italian resteraunt, one on the corner of Portage and Broadway and another on Leila close to Garden City mall. More than ample portions, fresh, daily made pasta (unlike Olive Garden micro-crap).You get WAY better service and food all under $25.00, thats the highest entree price.Calamari is second best to the "Red Cactus" Wpg has to offer,IMHO.Place is family owned so just ask for a cute corner booth.Future refrence, either make reservations on fri-sun or go before 5pm.Hardlt busy weekdays,from my personal dinning.A try if you've never!

Hmmmm ... I wonder who you'll be seeing and taking to this restaurant. LOL

I look forward to seeing you and enjoying a nice dinner and evening with you.

No need to worry too much about where to eat (other than discretion, of course) because I would have just as much fun with you in McDonald's as I would at 529 Wellington. I mean this sincerely!

It's about the company ... not the location.

Perhaps I'll even insist on treating you to dinner myself!

xoxo

Mandalay

I was going to suggest to take her on a very romantic pic nic, woman love it when you pamper them on a beautiful sunny day specially if you thought of everything and its very discreet. But I realize you're in Winnipeg and I guess no matter where you go people can see you for miles.

just kidding.

rub

I tend to agree with you CK. When I am out of town and have an SP visiting me, I usually order up room service. Best way if you want to be discreet. I would do the same here in Ottawa if I felt discretion was needed.

Without knowing the in spots in Winnipeg, if discreation is so important... why not plan for an intimate evening in at a nice hotel, or up room service from the restaurant and create your own atmosphere and intimate venue in your suite ?

This is my favourite place to go with someone other than your wife. You get a private room and do need a map to find way out. The foods are really really good.