I have been keeping track of the market, and I have noticed that the market seems to have been more positive for a few weeks! My brokers have been calling me telling to put my money back into the stocks!

This is a good thing however we will still see some of the effects of the market crash for the next few years, lots of people have been saying that NOW is the time to buy stocks!

Apex!

Guest Ou**or**n

Hmmm, I'm waiting until after the big car companies go bankrupt and whatever fallout from that occurs, and then of course the inevitable hit of inflation that's coming due to the US gov't printing all that money. To me there is a lot worse yet to come. Of course brokers make money on trades - not whether you make any money on them or not.

In my opinion if you are serious about investing you should consider precious metals as in the past it always did very well but only if you think of investing in long term. All my investment in gold as given me 4 times what I put in in about 10 years. My investment of choice imho.:roll:

Hmmm, I'm waiting until after the big car companies go bankrupt and whatever fallout from that occurs, and then of course the inevitable hit of inflation that's coming due to the US gov't printing all that money. To me there is a lot worse yet to come. Of course brokers make money on trades - not whether you make any money on them or not.

GM is saying that they will only shut down partly! I think they may end up shutting down the Pontiac side of the business and keep Chevrolet.

Ford seem to be doing OK

Dodge! Who the hell knows about them.

I was sitting on some cash in my RRSP, and I did some buying about a month ago. I bought some bank stocks, and Research in Motion. The market may not have fully bottomed out, but I thought it was a good long term oportunity.

The other thing I did a few years ago was to become a lender and put a second mortgage on a commercial property in my RRSP. I went through a firm I know, and I checked out the property, the appraisal, the inspection report and put the morgage into my RRSP. I got a lenders fee, and 10% return per year. It must be an arms length mortgage, you can't be related.

I have been keeping track of the market, and I have noticed that the market seems to have been more positive for a few weeks! My brokers have been calling me telling to put my money back into the stocks!

This is a good thing however we will still see some of the effects of the market crash for the next few years, lots of people have been saying that NOW is the time to buy stocks!

Apex!

I haven't changed any of my investments whatsoever. Conversely, I've been buying equities at bargain basement prices the past few months. Not only am I benefiting from dollar cost averaging but I also invested a lump sum when the markets were at 8000, which was fairly close to the bottom. I will continue to increase my position in this regard and then ride the wave when the next bull market hits!