Dancers on Twitter?

Anyone know of any local dancers on Twitter? Great way to follow their schedule.

Izzy

@izzy2two

Anyone know of any local dancers on Twitter? Great way to follow their schedule.

Izzy

@izzy2two

I doubt any of them are that organized.

• Like 1

It may not be Twitter, but myself and three other dancers, Jazy, Annessa, and LusciousLaceyxo, post our dancing schedules on here. I swear I've seen a handful of other girls do it as well, though I'm drawing a blank on their names and am unsure if they're currently doing that or not.

FWIW, I tried using Twitter to promote my schedule but didn't find it to be a useful tool, so I'm not surprised there aren't really any other dancers doing it either. I don't think that says anything of their organizational skills though.

• Like 7

I doubt any of them are that organized.

This is an extremely rude comment....

• Like 1

I'm not much of a twitter user but I suspect the reasons few dancers use twitter advertise would be:

-it is yet another account to maintain that may not yield the return for the effort put in.

-not being a twitter user, I may be corrected on this. To get exposure on twitter I think you need followers, have your twitter feed running on a website your target audience is reading or have your audience check the actual twitter site for you posts.

For someone to follow you I believe they need to be a twitter follower and depending on their privacy settings they may be seen to be following their favourite dancer publicly which could be an issue if their wife or girlfriend is also on twitter. Otherwise the gents would have to create a separate twitter hobby profile.

If the dancer is already posting their schedule on a site such as CERB then twitter is just extra work and by eliminating this extra step shows the ladies are organized. Also my assumption would be with twitter potentially reaching a broader and more diverse audience a lady is taking the extra time to advertise to people who may not likely to stop in at the club.

I think twitter would work best if a lady has a website and a twitter feed could compliment a news section with up to date information. Also depending on how frequently dances then the gents may not follow twitter closely enough and would miss tweets.

I hope my understanding of twitter is correct, if not please feel free to correct me.

Sorry, I just meant that it would be pretty hard to post uptodate status updates on Twitter while at the same time working at the dance club.

• Like 1

Sorry, I just meant that it would be pretty hard to post uptodate status updates on Twitter while at the same time working at the dance club.

You'd be surprised! I know some dancers whose smartphones are practically an extension of themselves, and quite a few of them are always checking Twitter or other social media websites. Of course, this is mainly during down times - though some girls will pop into the dressing room every so often just to check out what's happening online!

• Like 2

Why? Technology is around us - Twitter is very accessible from any smartphone (BB, iPhone, Android) - There's an app for that :P!

You'd be surprised! I know some dancers whose smartphones are practically an extension of themselves, and quite a few of them are always checking Twitter or other social media websites. Of course, this is mainly during down times - though some girls will pop into the dressing room every so often just to check out what's happening online!

Like Bridgette said -- we are in the days and age where cellphone, for most even smartphone is part of our necessity. I don't think i could leave home without it ... Its as important to me as having my wallet .. or wearing a shirt :D; id turn around and retrieve my phone for sure!

Tweeting schedule could be good and bad of course; as with anything else related to this industry -- there is risk of stalker etc. But it could definetly generate more business for the ladies too!

It may not be Twitter, but myself and three other dancers, Jazy, Annessa, and LusciousLaceyxo, post our dancing schedules on here. I swear I've seen a handful of other girls do it as well, though I'm drawing a blank on their names and am unsure if they're currently doing that or not.

LusciousLaceyxo (edit; just reread the thread and saw Bridgette had already mentioned her), from Taboo uses this forum also as mentioned, but i cant think of anybody else at the moment, outside of the ladies you mentioned, Bridgette.

Edited by m*s**rt
slight edit

I'm not much of a twitter user but I suspect the reasons few dancers use twitter advertise would be:

-it is yet another account to maintain that may not yield the return for the effort put in.

Maybe, maybe not. Maintaining a twitter account needn't take that much time out of your day, or even week. It's a bit like having a CERB account... to a large extent, it is what you make of it.

-not being a twitter user, I may be corrected on this. To get exposure on twitter I think you need followers, have your twitter feed running on a website your target audience is reading or have your audience check the actual twitter site for you posts.

Yes, you need followers. But if you aren't there, you won't get any :) And the best way to get followers is to get in there, follow other people, and be interesting and make yourself worth following. As a wise man once said... if you build it, they will come.

For someone to follow you I believe they need to be a twitter follower and depending on their privacy settings they may be seen to be following their favourite dancer publicly which could be an issue if their wife or girlfriend is also on twitter. Otherwise the gents would have to create a separate twitter hobby profile.

Yes, Twitter is inherently public (you can lock down your account, but that only locks out everyone except those you allow access to... and are you going to tell your wife/gf she can't follow you? :) ). The solution, as you said, is to have a separate accounts. You can follow me at @__Phaedrus__ if you want, but I have an entirely separate account for my real-life self, and - obviously - I'm not telling you what that is.

If the dancer is already posting their schedule on a site such as CERB then twitter is just extra work and by eliminating this extra step shows the ladies are organized. Also my assumption would be with twitter potentially reaching a broader and more diverse audience a lady is taking the extra time to advertise to people who may not likely to stop in at the club.

Well, it's another advertizing venue. Sure, you may hit a lot of the same eyeballs... but if you hit new ones too, it may be worthwhile, no? Sure, many of them may be of no practical use, but if your twitter feed gets you a few extra dances a month...? Obviously it's for everyone to draw the cost/benefit line where they choose to, and as with any other means of advertizing it's tricky to measure its effectiveness, but that doesn't automatically make it useless.

The other thing to say about twitter is: irrespective of its advertizing potential, it's fun. There are a few CERB ladies who are on there... frequently... and even when they're not posting about availability, their twitter presence is a continuous marketing presence in the same sort of way that contributing to CERB is.

I think twitter would work best if a lady has a website and a twitter feed could compliment a news section with up to date information. Also depending on how frequently dances then the gents may not follow twitter closely enough and would miss tweets.

Sorry, but you're just wrong about this. Updating your twitter feed on your smartphone takes about 30s. Less, if you can type fast. Sure, a dancer can't update her twitter feed while she's onstage or actually giving someone a lapdance, but apart from that... why not? Twitter is much better than websites for up-to-the-minute information about availability and things like that, because it's so easy to update.

• Like 3

Guest **n****er

Regardless of whether or not they have the time to do so it doesn't like like many of them do....

If they did, I'm sure a lot of the techno savants here would have found them.

He meant what we all think he meant, that strippers are too stupid. Please don't be so naive as to draw another meaning from his statement.

Depending on how many people you follow, any messages posted on Twitter could flow off the page in a hurry. Seeing a schedule on a website like this, is much easier, as it will stay visible much longer.

Depending on how many people you follow, any messages posted on Twitter could flow off the page in a hurry. Seeing a schedule on a website like this, is much easier, as it will stay visible much longer.

Very very true, especially if you're following news organizations or other accounts that tweet constantly!

Very very true, especially if you're following news organizations or other accounts that tweet constantly!

A dancer might actually do much better if she's got a Facebook subscription account. That way she doesn't have to approve every friend request, people would just subscribe to her. It would be a second account, she can have her own personal facebook account which might have her real name, while maintaining a subscription account with a totally different name.

A dancer might actually do much better if she's got a Facebook subscription account. That way she doesn't have to approve every friend request, people would just subscribe to her. It would be a second account, she can have her own personal facebook account which might have her real name, while maintaining a subscription account with a totally different name.

That's not a bad idea, as there's less to "compete" with, in a sense, so her schedule wouldn't be buried under thousands of other updates. The only issue with Facebook is that many strip club attendees want to maintain their anonymity, and wouldn't want to associate their Facebook (and full name) with a dancer, thus broadcasting their interest in strip clubs to all of their friends and family. I'm not sure if it's currently possible to "hide" your subscriptions from your friends list or not, but I'm not sure how much I'd trust that feature as Facebook is quite notorious for making sudden changes to their privacy settings.

Social media is a tricky promotional tool for the sex industry where discretion and anonymity are so important, as most social media accounts are linked to real identities, and patrons and hobbyists don't necessarily want to broadcast that aspect of their lives to their social circles.

Personally, I think CERB is a happy medium. Both dancers/providers and patrons/hobbyists are able to maintain their anonymity while staying in contact with each other!

That's not a bad idea, as there's less to "compete" with, in a sense, so her schedule wouldn't be buried under thousands of other updates. The only issue with Facebook is that many strip club attendees want to maintain their anonymity, and wouldn't want to associate their Facebook (and full name) with a dancer, thus broadcasting their interest in strip clubs to all of their friends and family. I'm not sure if it's currently possible to "hide" your subscriptions from your friends list or not, but I'm not sure how much I'd trust that feature as Facebook is quite notorious for making sudden changes to their privacy settings.

What I said about dancers being able to maintain double-identities also applies to patrons. I maintain two accounts each on Facebook and Twitter for myself. It's not a hard problem to solve.

Twitter's lists are useful for this sort of thing. You just put all the dancers you follow in a list, and then you see only the tweets from them when you look at the list. This is generally a useful tactic for prioritizing tweets from real people, as opposed to news sites and other firehose-like feeds.

A dancer might actually do much better if she's got a Facebook subscription account.

Possibly. IMO the big issue with FB is their policies with regard to anything that could be labelled as adult content, which might well include strippers. Twitter has proven itself pretty relaxed on this, and generally (but not always) takes a stand against attempts at censorship. FB strikes me as being far more restrictive. But I could be wrong...

About the Twitter comment...makes me laugh to see the PC police trip over themselves to condemn a fairly innocent comment..yes, we all know what he meant, but so what...get a sense of humour and while your at it, a life...sheesh....

• Like 1

Twitter's lists are useful for this sort of thing. You just put all the dancers you follow in a list, and then you see only the tweets from them when you look at the list. This is generally a useful tactic for prioritizing tweets from real people, as opposed to news sites and other firehose-like feeds.

Interesting, so that's what the Lists are for. It does make following Twitter a lot easier. Now if they can only do something about that accursed 140 character limit, Twitter would be approaching usefulness. :)

Possibly. IMO the big issue with FB is their policies with regard to anything that could be labelled as adult content, which might well include strippers. Twitter has proven itself pretty relaxed on this, and generally (but not always) takes a stand against attempts at censorship. FB strikes me as being far more restrictive. But I could be wrong...
Well, obviously the girls shouldn't be posting nude pictures of themselves, just use it as a contact medium, and just get nude in the club only. :)

Guest **n****er
About the Twitter comment...makes me laugh to see the PC police trip over themselves to condemn a fairly innocent comment..yes, we all know what he meant, but so what...get a sense of humour and while your at it, a life...sheesh....

Couldn't have said it any better myself. Sometimes I have to check if dudes are answering by the "tone" of the answers.

Some people need to either man-up or relax a little. Either one works.

Now if they can only do something about that accursed 140 character limit, Twitter would be approaching usefulness. :)

What on earth makes you think Twitter was ever intended to be useful? :)

Well, obviously the girls shouldn't be posting nude pictures of themselves, just use it as a contact medium, and just get nude in the club only. :)

Sometimes people get nekkid on Twitter... :) Definitely against FB's Ts&Cs, though, so it won't happen there.