So sad, but at least he lasted until 81...could have been worse with all of his health issues.

Who shot JR??? I was a super young kid, but I sure do remember that was one of the biggest media stories that summer. People were wearing T-shirts with the quote " Who Shot J.R?", he was even on the cover of Time Magazine too.

Yes, I remember fondly Friday night was a time to look forward to every week.

His Ewing was someone everyone loved to hate in that show. I hate that particular grin in his face. He was one fine actor and very talented - he will be missed.

RIP.

• Like 1

Guest *ig*a**

The only thing about him is in I Dream Of Jeannie is he was one luckey s.o. b can you imagine coming home every day rubbing a bottle and a hot blonde pops out and will do whatever you want. Amazing.

Posted via Mobile Device

J.R. Ewing was the man everyone loved to hate when it came to characters in soap operas. I read in the article posted that he was offered money to reveal who shot J.R. and considered lying about who it actually was but decided not to go through with it.

I do remember Dallas growing up and never forgot that scene where the house was on fire and someone had to jump into the swimming pool. Who was that? And remember the other plot with Victoria Prinicipal and Patrick Duffy and something between the two of them and it was all a dream? Can't remember.

I've been watching soap operas since nursery school.lol. I was told one of the first names I learned to spell was "Jack Abbott" from Young and the Restless. The teacher thought it was an uncle or something. lol. So when I read that Larry Hagman had died, it was like the end of an era. He was a great actor.

I have the first and second season of Dallas on dvd and haven't even watched them yet. I m now inspired to do so. The others are on my Christmas list.