Recently i sent the following to some different SPs who are on this Board and who were advertising specials..

" I am interested for this afternoon. Where are you located/rates and do you do bbbj. Thanks."

One replied with the following:

"I am in the xxx end sweety and its xxx for hr today...Yes I love bbbj :wink:"

The other responded to the effect " see my website, everything is there". I couldn't get all the info off the website, nor did i want to spend alot of time looking for some magic word for the discount/special.It took 3 pms to even get an answer about bbbj and only after i said I assume you don't.

Though it did not work out that day, guess who will get my business.

Sounds like the other lady was not interested in business that day as she was giving you a hard time...But then again the other lady did a pretty good job at responding to you with the appropriate info u wanted...

Sometimes they just dont see how close they come and that your actually serious compared to the other ones who play games...Have a good day sweety..:wink:

Recently i sent the following to some different SPs who are on this Board and who were advertising specials..

" I am interested for this afternoon. Where are you located/rates and do you do bbbj. Thanks."

One replied with the following:

"I am in the xxx end sweety and its xxx for hr today...Yes I love bbbj :wink:"

The other responded to the effect " see my website, everything is there". I couldn't get all the info off the website, nor did i want to spend alot of time looking for some magic word for the discount/special.It took 3 pms to even get an answer about bbbj and only after i said I assume you don't.

Though it did not work out that day, guess who will get my business.

I often refer people to my website as opposed to just answering the questions for a few simple reasons. I want them to be sure that I am indeed what they are looking for and I want them to actually read through my site so they are aware of other important factors BEFORE meeting me such as my restrictions, etiquette requirements, etc. I feel that if they take the time to read my site and are fully aware of the services I provide (and the ones that I don't) it makes for a much more relaxed and comfortable date. It basically ensures that there won't be any awkward moments or unpleasant surprises because all the cards have been laid on the table from the beginning. It all comes down to past unpleasant experiences and my desire to avoid having them happen again. It's never anything personal towards the person asking the questions and it's not meant to be a "brush off" when I request that they visit my website for the answers to their questions. Just thought I'd share my reasoning :).

well said Ava.......

Pike......if you do not want to spend you time doing some investigations and research...then do not expect anything great in return....

• Like 1

well said Ava.......

Pike......if you do not want to spend you time doing some investigations and research...then do not expect anything great in return....

True antlerman but at the same time you could answer him and also refer him ur website if u do not want to answer ppl like that you should post in ur ads to pls kindly view ur website prior to pmiing u that way there is no hassle nor hard feelings...

I can understand how u want ppl to see ur rules and what u do and dont do but address that when u post so like was mentioned earlier...everything is laid out from the GET GO...

Guest f***2f***

I'm somewhat torn about this post. I can see how one lady would be sick of answering questions while the other said ah wtf....

I personally get asked in whisper or pm about certain sps. If I've written a reco I usually say...read my reco...and then get something like "yeah but what are they really like?"

WTF??? I write honest recos...otherwise why would I write it??

Read and learn

Glib answer over the phone vs. taking the time to do research?

Boner has a point.

Hmm. I've found some absolute gems by doing a bit of on-line research. Of course, a lot of what you may want isn't always on the website, so you have to ask once you meet her. But if you've taken the trouble to do the initial research on-line, she may be impressed by your sincerity and intelligence in doing so and you may thus receive some interesting and perhaps unexpected answers in person.

But then, probably all some people may want some days is just a quick and fast bbbj. I'm that way some days myself. But often I want more. And if you take the time and make the effort to do your research in advance, you are probably more likely to get it.

True antlerman but at the same time you could answer him and also refer him ur website if u do not want to answer ppl like that you should post in ur ads to pls kindly view ur website prior to pmiing u that way there is no hassle nor hard feelings...

I can understand how u want ppl to see ur rules and what u do and dont do but address that when u post so like was mentioned earlier...everything is laid out from the GET GO...

I am very clear in my ads that I would greatly appreciate if gentlemen would review my site prior to contacting me ;). I prefer a true "date-like" rendez-vous and the more a gentleman knows about me, the better to make that happen :).

I also don't like discussing services, it takes the fun out of the actual appointment (if it happens). As well, I prefer messages from gents who sound as though they actually want to see me and they aren't just messaging every SP on CERB looking for the best rate.

YES! SO true!

well said Ava.......

Thank you! :)

I truly appreciate when a provider has a website (like AvaFoxx's) that is straight forward and to the point with all the pertinent information.

It eliminates the guess work and the necessity to have to ask questions that are uncomfortable for the hobbyist to ask and the provider to answer.

Only if all providers and agencies would do the same.

I often refer people to my website as opposed to just answering the questions for a few simple reasons. I want them to be sure that I am indeed what they are looking for and I want them to actually read through my site so they are aware of other important factors BEFORE meeting me such as my restrictions, etiquette requirements, etc. I feel that if they take the time to read my site and are fully aware of the services I provide (and the ones that I don't) it makes for a much more relaxed and comfortable date. It basically ensures that there won't be any awkward moments or unpleasant surprises because all the cards have been laid on the table from the beginning. It all comes down to past unpleasant experiences and my desire to avoid having them happen again. It's never anything personal towards the person asking the questions and it's not meant to be a "brush off" when I request that they visit my website for the answers to their questions. Just thought I'd share my reasoning :).

Websites for providers work as the perfect buffer and help cut down on the tire kickers and lurkers. A website can be a very effective marketing tool if designed properly. With the understanding for the need to be discreet a worded website will answer all potential questions. The overall design, layout and photographs will help in creating a mystique or atmosphere about the provider in question.

Your website is a reflection of who you are and the service that you provide. While most, especially around here, are professional in appearance and tastefully laid out and convey a sense of the style and demeanor of the provider, I find quite a few that are tacky and cheap, and often will influence my decision to visit or not. It doesn't have to be fancy or state of the art, but easy to read, easy to navigate and informative are keys to a successful and practical website.

Of course if you have Nekkid photos of yourself in cowboy boots and a cowboy hat, you're bound to get few more visits to your site from me !

I suspect it might have been the blatant asking about bbbj that put the second SPs off -- and I can't blame her because that puts me off too.

Do I lose business by refusing to discuss such things? Probably. But I do okay anyway. You can't win them all, and it's best to work at getting the business that's right for you and losing business from people who, from the first moment, put you on the spot and make you feel uncomfortable.

I really, really dislike discussing explicits. For one thing, it's just not discreet. For another, it's not necessarily all that effective -- someone could say she does anything over the phone, but when you get there, that might not necessarily be what she's willing to provide (some things you can't commit to, sight unseen). And finally, there are just too many 1-handed typists out there who think that by pretending they're looking for an appointment, they can get a freebie.

I had hoped when reviews came out that perhaps one benefit would be that guys could say that which we may not be so comfortable discussing. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work like this. Some guy mentioned that I did something in a review a couple years back, and immediately about a dozen guys wrote or called me to say, "so-&-so says you do this -- can you confirm that?" Yeesh! :-/

The funny thing is, I'm not really all that restrictive in person. (I mean, within limits -- if you bring a sheep, I'm not letting you in.) And even in the few times where I have met someone and it was obvious once we started that I wasn't going to be able to satisfy the guy's interests, I was happy not to take his money and end the session on a civil note, with neither of us having wasted anything more than our time. I really don't see the point of committing to specific services or acts beforehand. If a guy finds it necessary to pin me down to something like that, then perhaps he would be happier with someone else.

• Like 1

Oh, the other thing I wanted to note is to please remember that your phone call might have come at a time when the SP is rushing around getting ready for an appointment or busy with something else. We independents don't charge enough to hire full-time receptionists to handle our phones for us. We're pretty much Chief Cook & Bottle Washer in our businesses. We have to answer the phones and email, manage our ads and websites, do the banking, do the housekeeping and laundry, get ourselves ready, and visit with customers. Sometimes the pace is leisurely -- other times, not so much. It's a good idea to browse through the SP's web site or ad to see if the info you want is there before asking. You never know what might be going on at the moment you decide to phone.

• Like 4

All of the responses in the thread make sense in one way or another.. Its absolutely the right of any SP to answer or not answer such questions. Equally it is abolsutely the right of the service seeker to ask such questions. I agree that doing some research, normally answers such questions as bbbj/dfk/etc....

I have always found it better to clear what I am looking for with the SP (or the agency or through research) prior to getting together. If she cannot provide what I am looking for, or I cant get answers, I respect that and move on. No one wastes anytime in this case. It is certainly better than finding this out when we first meet and possibly decide to cancel at that stage. In the same way service providers have the right to decide what services they will provide and to whom, the service seekers have the right to specify what they require.. If there is no match life goes on... :)

I can understand both sides to the story, the ladies have to screen people quickly and with very little to go on but gut instinct (some do it better than others). One thing that can make the emailing easier for an sp is to keep a few form letters in the draft folder of you email, when you get inquires you can simply copy and paste. You can have some for the popular questions

1. do you have any more pictures and/or any pictures

2. how much do you charge

3. what kind of service and/or restrictions

4. what part of town are you in

etc.. etc..

Just a thought, if you refer them to your site provide a url, if you refer them to a review include a url etc...

Almost all the websites have some pics. However, I'd like to see at least one close-up shot ot the kitty. Is this against the etiquette?

Thanks

I mean, within limits -- if you bring a sheep, I'm not letting you in.

Damn! Another perfectly good fantasy gone right down the drain!

Damn! Another perfectly good fantasy gone right down the drain!

Yeah, well, while I'm at it, let me also note that I won't appreciate you bringing your mom either. ;)

Yeah, well, while I'm at it, let me also note that I won't appreciate you bringing your mom either. ;)

Rats! You know me too well. (To quote Norman Bates in Psycho, "I've missed her in the years since she's passed on.")

Okay, too silly even for me. :roll: Time to quit now. 8)

I truly appreciate when a provider has a website (like AvaFoxx's) that is straight forward and to the point with all the pertinent information.

It eliminates the guess work and the necessity to have to ask questions that are uncomfortable for the hobbyist to ask and the provider to answer.

Only if all providers and agencies would do the same.

Thank you! I tried to create a site that was informative but still inviting...if that makes sense...lol.

How is this thread "A tale of two SPs"???

It seems more like a A tale of one Client, looking for BBBJ and too lazy to do some homework!

Come on man, if you're going to base your decision to see an SP on one little PM, I wouldn't expect too much in the way of service! Might as well just whack off!

• Like 2

Almost all the websites have some pics. However, I'd like to see at least one close-up shot ot the kitty. Is this against the etiquette?

Thanks

Welcome. One usually finds very few, if any, really explicit photos on most of these sites. I would say therefore that the "etiquette" would make that unlikely. Also, that's going to be a difficult issue to raise with the SP in an e-mail or on this board if you're not pretty well known. You can check reviews for more information, especially if you have a specific SP in mind.

As to the original post, I think part of the fun is the research! I think if you have said you have reviewed the site and wanted to clarify a few points, you would have probably had a better reply.