How Did You Spend Your Christmas Day?

I was supposed to spend Christmas with family visiting but instead woke up yesterday morning not feeling right and then realized I had the stomach flu, the one that comes and goes.

My usual elaborate Christmas dinner I host every year had to be put on hold and told everyone to stay away for the time being. My father dropped by today, gave me a xmas present, I fixed his laptop and we watched a movie together. We decided to put my Christmas dinner on hold for a few days until I'm better.

How did you spend Christmas day? Hopefully better than mine. lol. However at this time of year, I'm grateful for everything and everyone in my life.

Edited by Nicolette Vaughn
typo!

Sorry you were sick.

My Christmas was fairly quiet ... spent the morning around the tree, listening to Xmas music and opening gifts. Enjoying coffee, liberally splashed with a little something extra from Scotland. Then lunch ... bagels and lox ... followed by an afternoon of cooking, while the kids played video games and enjoyed their gifts. In the evening we watched Christmas movies .. Elf, Miracle on 34th Street, Scrooge, until the wee hours. This morning we missed the Boxing Day sales, preferring to sleep in.

Porthos

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I spent Christmas Eve with Family for a Tradtional Finnish Christmas with a large meal and some spirits Christmas Day was spent at another location in the country for Christmas Brunch and the exchange of gifts and then we all parted to visit friends and extended family else where. I fired up the fireplace and enjoyed some quiet time today after the gathering of "The Tribe".(We are 30 people now)

...was spent resting. I stayed up all night with my best friend on Christmas eve watching movies and playing dressup. After the sun rose in the morning, we ate a light breakfast and then fell asleep from about 10am-6pm. When we woke up we demolished some egg sandwiches and then broke out the gin for some holiday drinks!

I am not a big holiday person, but I don't think I could have enjoyed it any more than I did this year! <3

I had breakfast with my mother and youngest sister, then on the drive to drop my mother at home, I finally told her what I do for a living (I don't see her often, which was the only real reason I hadn't done so before now). I swear she couldn't have cared less, her reaction was more like my sisters, one of 'Well THAT makes sense', lol!

After dropping her off I stopped in and saw my two other sisters, nephews, and very-soon-to-be new niece or nephew (due in 8 days!), then I drove home (SO MUCH DRIVING), and snuggled the crap out of my feline family.

All in all, a pretty awesome day.

• Like 3

I started Christmas early just like every other years, because my birthday is on the 24th. My brother in law received us and we had a good meal, played games and sat in the hot tub on his deck for a bit. On Christmas day my step son came home with his gf and they opened gifts he then went to his father for lunch, came back home in the afternoon and watched a movie.

I invited his dad to come for supper since he was alone on Christmas day, I got him a little present which he was happy to get. We finished the evening by going to the festival of lights in my home town and we had a wonderful evening.

The same thing I have been doing for the last few years. Stayed in and watched some movies on Netflix.

After spending the holidays alone on the beach in Texas a few years ago I took a liking to it and now I spend the day alone.

I slept until my family woke me up to open presents. We opened presents and then my Mom made breakfast and then we all sat around watching movies until the big turkey dinner! And then I pretty much lapsed into a food coma. It was wonderful.

Had a house full of family and friends on Christmas eve. for drinks and homemade snacks and finger foods. We spent the evening talking, drinking and eating and getting ready for the next day. Christmas was spent at home and at multiple family members and in-laws homes for gift exchanges and dinner.

Most years Christmas has not necessarily been a great time for me. It always seem when I got together with my family there seemed to be some kind of crisis going on so I never really embraced the Christmas spirit thing. I have a small family so the gatherings would be quaint at best...to boot...this year, I had a terrible cold and had no energy. The bottom line...I was expecting the worst.

As it turned out despite my cold, Christmas was nice with the small gathering that we had. My daughter and her new boyfriend came over for dinner and a gift exchange. What made it so special was that I noticed how happy my daughter was. She had a few possitive changes in her life over the last year. This was obvious to me when i noticed how she really enjoyed Christmas this year.

As much of a scrooge that i profess to be.... i was able to catch the spirit more than i would ever admit. I owe this to the realization that my daughter is going to be ok.

From Scrooge to all my Cerbite friends, i wish the very best of the holiday season to you all.

Christmas Eve a family gathering when my nephews could be there. Turkey all the fixins, games, drinks and lots of fun

Christmas Day was gift opening with my young ones at my Ma and Pa's. Games, Turkey all the fixins, drinks and lots more fun.

Boxing day on my way to the city and engine died on one of my trucks. Boo! ahh well. Got picked up and went to work instead, regroup, have a turkey bunwich ... find a buggy and head to the city again for a most wonderful visit with Miss Dorinda ! Merry Sexmas to me :D Then to the strippers for a bit, couple beers and home for guess what......turkey leftovers at Ma and Pa's !! I am gonna so have the urge to go gobble gobble or cluck cluck soon if this keeps up !!

It was awesome but now back to work for 15 days straight cause my partner is off to Mexico :( where it is warm, there is no snow, no work, no frustration, no tops sometimes, and lots and lots of scenery and bikinis and snorkeling and bikinis and parasailing and bikinis and rum and tequila !! it's okay partner I will stay here and freeze my frickin giblets off for ya ;) hahaha

• Like 1