Top 20 aphrodisiac songs

Original article in french can be found here, on the La Presse website.

My Breath Away and I Will Always Love You: Here are two pieces that give most want to have sex, according to a poll released Oct. 24 by the online music service Spotify.

Ordered by Spotify, this survey was conducted by Dr. Daniel Müllensiefen psychologist specializing in music of the Goldsmiths University of London, UK from 2000 participants aged 18 to 91 years, among them apart almost equal men and women.

Participants cited a variety of musical styles, from the hits from the 80s to the trailer of the movie Dirty Dancing. The ride She's Like The Wind Patrick Swayze interpreted class also leads the top 20.

Daniel Müllensiefen explains the success of this tube: "People have a clear idea of what is considered romantic, and this knowledge is often acquired through cultural references that are movies. It uses music not only to communicate his intentions, but also directly affect the atmosphere of a head to head. "

Müllensiefen also explains why Patrick Swayze is cited by favorite men: "More than women, men are able to change their listening habits to ensure success in bed, which is why the song Dirty Dancing could be chosen by both sexes. "

More surprisingly, participants cited pieces such as the Star Wars soundtrack music as appropriate to create an atmosphere conducive to romance.

One in three was able to name a song in his eyes was "better than sex itself." Most cited is Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen.

Top 20 aphrodisiac songs:

1. Patrick Swayze and Wendy Fraser - She's Like The Wind

2. Marvin Gaye - Sexual Healing

3. Ravel - Bolero

4. Berlin - Take My Breath Away

5. Barry White - You See The Trouble With Me

6. Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On

7. The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody

8. Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On

9. Serge Gainsbourg - Je T'aime... Moi Non Plus

10. Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You

11. Aerosmith - I Don't Want To Miss A Thing

12. Kings Of Leon - Sex On Fire

13. Mary Martin - The Sound Of Music

14. Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture Op.49

15. Olivia Newton -John - Hopelessly Devoted To You

16. Donna Summer - I Feel Love

17. Boyz II Men - I'll Make Love To You

18. Abba - Mamma Mia

19. Tom Jones - Sex Bomb

20. John Williams - Main Theme From Star Wars- Instrumental

Oh god... The Celion Dion Titanic theme song is not sexy. And "I will always love you" is a funeral song that makes me want to kill myself. Who are these weirdos they surveyed? Virgins, likely.

Here is some real sexy music:

...credit to a sexy fellow CERB member for the music reco here. ;)

Hawt.

• Like 1

Aphrodisiac songs uh? I just picture myself trying to perform a striptease on Mamma Mia...Sexaayy! lol

lol, some of those songs are ... well, perhaps outdated. I had found myself smiling a tad in reading what was considered aphrodisiac on that list (i raised an eyebrow at the star wars theme) ;-).

Gainsbourg though, if you understand french ... perhaps i'll have to post a translation of the Lyrics ;-)

Additional Comments:

Here is some real sexy music:

...credit to a sexy fellow CERB member for the music reco here. ;)

Hawt.

Now we're talking .... err ... or listening, or doing something else. Pretty good grooves there!! Thanks Em, and to the CERB member who posted it ....

I have to give thanks to Malika for adding this gem to my aptly titled "dirty playlist"