app to forward text messages?

Guest S****r

I have one cell phone for cerb calls, and a separate cell for friends and family. I would like to be able to forward texts from the one cell phone to my other phone, so I can carry only one phone. I know how to forward voice calls, but how can I forward texts from one phone to another? Can anyone help?

The cerb phone is a nokia, and the family phone is an iphone.

I would soooo appreciate it!

Thanks!

Summer

Not sure about that combination, but if you picked up a Voxox(.com) number for your work phone, it might do it.

Guest S****r

Hey stranger, thanks for replying! :icon_biggrin:

No, the nokia is a C3, so not an android.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Heeeeeere's hoping!

It is not exactly what your are describing, but I do something similar with an android app. Essentially I use an app to backup my sms messages to my email account. If they're not marked as read on backup then it would trigger an email notification on my device. That might meet your objectives... with the caveat that this is all stuff I'm doing on Android and with a data plan. Just an idea.

Or try contacting your carrier to see if they have any solutions (and hope they don't charge outrageously for it).

If you do that, your cover will be busted dude! So just go with the one phone for all and chuck the other one.....

Well in a way... certainly any reply to a text message is going to come from the phone (and it's associated number) it is sent from.

The iPhone can handle multiple email accounts with ease.

Certainly with iPhone (or Android) there is always an app for that but any reply comes from the phone used to reply.

Guest S****r

Maybe I just need to have the text messages forwarded from my work phone to my personal phone, and then plan to respond to them only on my work phone. But at least I would be alerted to any incoming texts without having to actually pull the secret phone out to check it.

Hmmmmm......technology hasn't quite advanced far enough yet, I guess.

Thank you for the comments and advice, all!

Hello Summer I realize this is a late response to your post. The Nokia C3 is a classic phone so many of the apps people are recommending will not work but you already know that. One thing I can suggest is Canada's 3 major carriers offer text forwarding for free as part of SMS packages. There are 2 Nokia C3's in Canada (one with a keyboard and one without) another way to tell is one is actually the C3-00(Rogers) and the other is the C3-01(Telus). Simply call your carrier and ask about Xtreme SMS features or ask SMS forwarding respectively.

Or, if all else fails, and you're willing to dig around, you may be able to find an unlocked phone with multiple sim card slots. (I'm running an HTC One with 2 sim card slots, which can only be found in Asia.) Otherwise, for the C3? If it runs Symbian (I haven't used my C3 since 2010, and can't find it) S60 3rd edition, magic message manager. Otherwise, I'm not sure off the top of my head.

Much easier to have your SMS forwarded to email and then pick it up on the other phone by adding a new mail account rather than fiddling with simcards.

Guest S****r

I was able to get the SMS forwarded, finally. That works perfectly. But now I have to remember to reply on the work phone all the time because it shows my message as coming from my private home phone, even though I have my number blocked. It doesn't show it when I make a call, but it does when I send a text. Anyone know how to cure that?