Always good to get tested.

I go every three months, but for pooners, once every three new partners is a good rule of thumb.

Thanks for posting this Emily!

• Like 1

Guest B**na***oy

Thanks Emily, this info is much appreciated.

Your interventions are always outstanding; it's wonderful to have you around.

Always good to get tested.

Eyes are a bit tired, I thought that last word was "tasted". That reminds me, I need to go see EmJay.

The clinic on Clarence is great! I have been going for years and they stop asking my personal history as it was documented years ago and roll my eyes and they know that I am an occasional hobbyist and as said, are non-judgemental...

The blood test takes a few weeks but is definately preferable to the much quicker test for guys...

I prefer not to frequent a clinic near my residence...

I was wondering... why I was able to get an injection of an antibiotic with no test in the US at a walk in clinic, but it never seems to be available here? also, the government keeps a list/registry if you have been diagnosed with an STD - but not AIDS - because it is confidential.

I had friends that were SPs who actaully had their own personal antibiotics 'in case". Taking pills on a regular schedule is problematic and many do not eat 3 meals a day on schedule....

Guest C*****tte

Oh my goodness - reading that people keep a personal stash of antibiotics to take just in case freaks me out. It is one of the reasons that so many bacterial infections are becoming antibiotic resistant and super bugs.

Please do not do this.

They are not for popping for when you feel under the weather or 'think' you have been exposed to something. They are not vitamins to help your immune system.

Get tested and receive the appropriate follow up care.

This is why....

http://on.aol.com/Video/Drug-Resistant-Gonorrhea-Is-The-Antibiotic-Era-Coming-To-An-End-517503705

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2013/01/09/gonorrhea-resistant-drug.html

I am passionate about this as it affects my livelihood - this is not a hobby for me.

Following Emily's post, i wanted to add information and resources on the Québec side (Charlotte covered the Montreal resources in this thread, so i am adding info for the Gatineau side).

The Hull CLSC offers the service. Contact information in French and English. The service is offered by appointment, and the staff is very professional.

Still on the Québec side, the only private clinic i know that offers the service is Arrimage Santé.

Edited by m*s**rt
typos
  • Like 1

I raised the issue because was aware that some SP had their own supply of antibiotics. I do get tested for STDs as stated. I have never tested positive for a STD.

I worked at the LCDC lab in Ottawa where the STDs were tested and tracked (before it moved to Winnipeg). I know the importance of taking antibiotics to completion of the perscription.

I do not understand why prescriptions for oral antibiotics are standard compared to an injection of an antibiotic. Suppose that I should discuss this with health care professionals...

I raised the issue because was aware that some SP had their own supply of antibiotics. I do get tested for STDs as stated. I have never tested positive for a STD.

I worked at the LCDC lab in Ottawa where the STDs were tested and tracked (before it moved to Winnipeg). I know the importance of taking antibiotics to completion of the perscription.

I do not understand why prescriptions for oral antibiotics are standard compared to an injection of an antibiotic. Suppose that I should discuss this with health care professionals...

I kind of have a feeling the sp who said she stocked anitibiotics was lying. Not to be rude, but where would she get them unless she had a diagnosis, in which case she is meant to be taking all of them per the perscription instructions. The alternative is she stole them from somewhere? In which case, have they expired, and what is she self diagnosing in herself to start taking them.

You can get tested at std clinics under an anonymous name, so altho the info is tracked it doesn't mean the government has your true identity. Sometimes this kind of topic makes people nervous. I am not sure what in the US they would inject for, but I assume it would be penicillin for gonorrhea or syphillis? Not sure, I think the reason we have the pills, used over the course of a week, a couple of times a day, is to ensure the dosage fights the infection over time.

it is possible the injection in the US was because you were not from the country, or staying in it, and you can't transport medications across the border without a prescription, so maybe getting oral meds with a prescription was just going to be that much more complicated as a tourist in the US?

• Like 1

I am bumping this thread because I was just reminded by Angela on another thread of something related to this that I learned about the other day too.

Of course if you go to the City of Ottawa Sexual Health Centre or any of it's satellite clinics, you can get free condoms... and as many as you want! Last time they gave me a full industrial box... It was like 150 condoms - lol. Obviously it was because of my work... But they do have basically an endless supply for the general population too, and anyone who wants them.

Now they have a new program where you can have condoms mailed to you, completely free of charge!

www.sexitsmart.com

I realize this won't apply to everyone... but I think it's a great idea and good to know! Tell your friends! ;)

• Like 3

Provider: The Sexual Health Center

Services provided: PNE (professional nurse experience), fetish play including watersports/golden showers (peeing in a cup) and BDSM (tying your arm, poking with needles)

Clients accepted: men, women or couples

Incalls only. Convenient, discrete westend location but available at other parts of town. The incall was easy to find with plenty of free parking. The madam at the front desk took my name and had me fill in a small form and then it was only a few minutes until my date came out. Let me tell you, Hello Nurse! Tall, curvy, long dark hair, great smile, dressed in a sexy white lab coat. She had me follow her into the back where a small room with a desk, some chairs and a bed were set up. The bed was strange and tall and had some weird stirrup things on it. "Kinky!" I thought to myself.

We sat together and she took a little time getting to know me. She seemed quite curious to know all about me and asked a lot of questions about what kind of sex I liked, what I had been doing lately, stuff like that. After a little bit of that, it was time to get down to business. She took my arm and tied a rubber band around it, having me flex a few times. "Yeah baby...you know what I like...". She took out a needle and poked me in the arm, causing blood to start flowing into a little tube. "Whoa," I said, "shouldn't we have a safe word?" She just laughed and kept going, filling another vial before expertly finishing me off and cleaning me up with a nice clean cotton swab.

Since I'm an MSOG type of guy, after a couple of minutes we started into round two. She gave me a cup and drew a little line on it. "Fill it to here," she purred. "Nice!" I thought. "I like where this is going!". I went to her bathroom down the hall and went to town on that cup. Man...after all that foreplay I could have filled 10 of those cups I had so much juice in me. I walked back to her room, completely spent and gave her the cup. "Good job," she said. At this point we were almost out of time although I've got to say, she's definitely not a clock watcher.

I left the clinic completely satisfied. Highly recommended and I would definitely repeat. Treat her well people, this one's a keeper.

This was tongue-in-cheek and partly fictional but seriously people. Have you been tested? It's really easy and super discreet. There was almost no waiting and no one knows why you're there. Everything is kept confidential and you get to choose exactly how they contact you. In fact, unless there's a problem, you'll never hear from them at all. Better a quick poke at the clinic than having your johnson fall off later am I right?

I got tested today and it took less than an hour of my time. What's your excuse?

• Like 5

Guest webothscore

Northman,

That has to be the most awesome and craftiest post this place will see in years to come. Just an awesome read...

Provider: The Sexual Health Center

Services provided: PNE (professional nurse experience), fetish play including watersports/golden showers (peeing in a cup) and BDSM (tying your arm, poking with needles)

Clients accepted: men, women or couples

Incalls only. Convenient, discrete westend location but available at other parts of town. The incall was easy to find with plenty of free parking. The madam at the front desk took my name and had me fill in a small form and then it was only a few minutes until my date came out. Let me tell you, Hello Nurse! Tall, curvy, long dark hair, great smile, dressed in a sexy white lab coat. She had me follow her into the back where a small room with a desk, some chairs and a bed were set up. The bed was strange and tall and had some weird stirrup things on it. "Kinky!" I thought to myself.

We sat together and she took a little time getting to know me. She seemed quite curious to know all about me and asked a lot of questions about what kind of sex I liked, what I had been doing lately, stuff like that. After a little bit of that, it was time to get down to business. She took my arm and tied a rubber band around it, having me flex a few times. "Yeah baby...you know what I like...". She took out a needle and poked me in the arm, causing blood to start flowing into a little tube. "Whoa," I said, "shouldn't we have a safe word?" She just laughed and kept going, filling another vial before expertly finishing me off and cleaning me up with a nice clean cotton swab.

Since I'm an MSOG type of guy, after a couple of minutes we started into round two. She gave me a cup and drew a little line on it. "Fill it to here," she purred. "Nice!" I thought. "I like where this is going!". I went to her bathroom down the hall and went to town on that cup. Man...after all that foreplay I could have filled 10 of those cups I had so much juice in me. I walked back to her room, completely spent and gave her the cup. "Good job," she said. At this point we were almost out of time although I've got to say, she's definitely not a clock watcher.

I left the clinic completely satisfied. Highly recommended and I would definitely repeat. Treat her well people, this one's a keeper.

This was tongue-in-cheek and partly fictional but seriously people. Have you been tested? It's really easy and super discreet. There was almost no waiting and no one knows why you're there. Everything is kept confidential and you get to choose exactly how they contact you. In fact, unless there's a problem, you'll never hear from them at all. Better a quick poke at the clinic than having your johnson fall off later am I right?

I got tested today and it took less than an hour of my time. What's your excuse?

I had exactly the same experience a month ago but I must say that yours seems to be a lot more fun! :icon_wink:

Seriously though, you are absolutely right; in a little less than an hour and including driving time, I was done - no fuss no muss! No calls in three weeks means I am good to go, lol. The peace of mind is - priceless!

• Like 2

Our own peace of mind is important but getting the word out is too which is why I wanted to bump this thread. The more people getting tested, the safer this hobby is for all of us.

• Like 2